Plugin Contributions

Default Admin payment modules page not showing all modules

Summary of System:

I'm using Zen Cart Version # 1.5.5e on a Windows 10 OS. My (still very primitive site) is at alainaschristianbookstore.com. I've added only the Image Handler plugin, although it doesn't appear updated to work with 1.5.5 (I got it working to suit us). My server at HostGator uses PHP Version 5.6.30 (Zend: 2.6.0) and MySQL 5.5.51-38.2.

Statement of Problem:

The Payment Module appears to be corrupt. It's missing at least the module for PayPal Express, and it doesn't allow editing of any payment method. Here's a screenshot of the page as it shows up in Admin:

Name:  Screenshot (1).jpg
Views: 732
Size:  35.1 KB

Here's what I see: on the left, a list of payment modules; on the right, nothing after the Action column. I can't turn payment modules on or off, and when I click the circled i, nothing happens.

I looked for answers here and elsewhere, but couldn't find any help. I would much appreciate any direction.

Kennith

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment Module Appears Corrupt

Something is causing the admin page to stop producing code. You did not answer the posting tips so we can't do anything but guess as to what is causing the problem.

If you installed any other payment module, that could be the problem. Hopefully, you didn't try adjusting code in any of the paypal files since the page fails between the first and second of three PayPal listings.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Exactly.
    Something's wrong with one of your payment modules' files.
    This is probably logged in your server's /logs/ folder, as a myDebug-adm-xxxxxxx.log file ... with a new one being created every time you try to visit that page.

I'm guessing you probably renamed one of the paypal payment modules (or its language file) as "paypal-old.php" instead of "paypal.php-old".
    (That page loads ALL files ending in ".php", even if you've left "backup" files there. Tip: always change the ".php" if you want a backup file to be ignored).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

dbltoe,

I included the posting information requested via the posting block (ZC version, OS, PHP version, etc.). I did mention that I had installed only the Image Handler, so I didn't add any kind of additional payment addons (or any other addons), and I certainly didn't mess with any code, as right now I don't know enough to even find where I might do so. The Payment Module has behaved this way right out of the box, so to speak. I may have overlooked some needed information included in the Posting Tips list, but I did at least think that I had given the needed information: I loaded ZC, I loaded Image Handler, and I haven't done anything else; the Payment Module has behaved in this way since first loading.

Kennint

Kennith

Plugin Contributions

Good afternoon, Dr. Byte,

I know that something's wrong with one of my Payment Module files, as the Payment Module isn't working. I haven't, though, made any changes at all to these files. At present, I wouldn't know why I should even rename a file, so I haven't renamed any. The Payment Module has malfunctioned in this way since I first uploaded and activated the ZC program. Because I'm very early on in my ZC efforts, I entirely deleted my ZC catalog then reinstalled it from the original installation files, with the same result: That is, the Payment Module didn't work from the get-go, before I made any changes at all to the ZC installation (other than activating it from the first web screen).

I didn't know about the log files (live and learn), but I found them, and this is what they revealed to me:

Code:
    [21-Jul-2017 10:33:55 America/Chicago] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home3/kennith6969/alainaschristianbookstore.com/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php on line 1912
    I'll try downloading a fresh set of ZC installation files and reload this particular file, to see if that solves the problem. Thanks for the direction, especially in re: the log files. I already had quite a few, to put it modestly.

Kennith

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to say there was some info missing and got sidetracked while replying. If this was an upgrade, it would be helpful to know what the process was that got you here. Any autoloader is suspect from the git go.
    Errors such as this can be caused by a server not recognizing "short tags" (the use of <? vs <?php) but I feel your host has that covered. The other possibility is a missing curly brtaccket "}" but there are none on that line in the 1.5.5e version. Lines 1903 thru 1921 should look like
    Code:
            }        break;
          case 'DoRefund':
            if ($basicError || (!isset($response['RESPMSG']) && !isset($response['REFUNDTRANSACTIONID']))) {
              // if error, display error message. If debug options enabled, email dump to store owner
              if ($this->enableDebugging) {
                $this->_doDebug('PayPal Error Log - ' . $operation, "Value List:\r\n" . str_replace('&',"\r\n", $doPayPal->_sanitizeLog($doPayPal->_parseNameValueList($doPayPal->lastParamList))) . "\r\n\r\nResponse:\r\n" . print_r($response, true));
              }
              $errorText = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_TEXT_REFUND_ERROR;
              if ($response['L_ERRORCODE0'] == 10009) $errorText = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_TEXT_REFUNDFULL_ERROR;
              if ($response['RESULT'] == 105 || isset($response['RESPMSG'])) $response['L_SHORTMESSAGE0'] = $response['RESULT'] . ' ' . $response['RESPMSG'];
              if (urldecode($response['L_LONGMESSAGE0']) == 'This transaction has already been fully refunded') $response['L_SHORTMESSAGE0'] = urldecode($response['L_LONGMESSAGE0']);
              if (urldecode($response['L_LONGMESSAGE0']) == 'Can not do a full refund after a partial refund') $response['L_SHORTMESSAGE0'] = urldecode($response['L_LONGMESSAGE0']);
              if (urldecode($response['L_LONGMESSAGE0']) == 'The partial refund amount must be less than or equal to the remaining amount') $response['L_SHORTMESSAGE0'] = urldecode($response['L_LONGMESSAGE0']);
              if (urldecode($response['L_LONGMESSAGE0']) == 'You can not refund this type of transaction') $response['L_SHORTMESSAGE0'] = urldecode($response['L_LONGMESSAGE0']);
              $errorText .= ' (' . urldecode($response['L_SHORTMESSAGE0']) . ') ' . $response['L_ERRORCODE0'];
              $messageStack->add_session($errorText, 'error');
              return true;
            }
    So, lines 1903, 1910, and 1921 are the only ones in that area that have the }
    Hopefully your reload of the file will help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Maybe best to start by re-uploading the /includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php file.

Or delete both of:
    /includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php
    and
    /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypaldp.php
    (Deleting these will prevent you from using PayPal Payments Pro, but that's probably moot at this moment. So try it.)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Kennith, for various reasons there can be problems when uploading many files at one time. You wouldn't know about either unless your FTP program told you and most don't. For that reason, when uploading all Zen Cart files, it is best to upload first just the 'admin' dir. then just the 'includes' dir. and then everything else. Less chance of uploads going wrong.

With that said, now that you have already uploaded everything, including files that may now have been changed, it is best to work on files according to what is found in the 'logs' dir. Follow the advice of DrByte and let's go from there.