Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Need Thank You Page Add-on

Hi,

From what I can see, there's no way to enter a thank you page URL for each individual product.

What add-on will allow me to do that?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need Thank You Page Add-on

You need to be more specific as to why you think a Product page needs a "Thank You" page, what it would say, etc.

There is a "Thank You" page after making a purchase. Does that do what you need?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfinancia1 View Post
    Hi,

From what I can see, there's no way to enter a thank you page URL for each individual product.

What add-on will allow me to do that?

Thanks
    Judging from this, and from your other posts today about a product-specific URL, etc, it seems you're trying to make Zen Cart function in a way it's not designed.

Zen Cart is a shopping-basket application that allows people to pick multiple items, add them to their basket, and then complete a combined purchase ... and take care of inventory all at the same time. At the end of checkout, one single checkout-success page is shown, which summarizes the customer's purchase. It is NOT a product-specific "thank you" page.

The idea of "product URL page" and "Thank-you page" sounds like you're operating as a reseller of one-at-a-time affiliate products, and not actually selling from a catalog/database of items in your own store. That's not how Zen Cart is designed.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    You need to be more specific as to why you think a Product page needs a "Thank You" page, what it would say, etc.

There is a "Thank You" page after making a purchase. Does that do what you need?
    I need to give directions to my customers & depending on what they purchase, the text may vary.

So are you saying there's no way for me to do this?

I found the one area where you can put some text after they purchase, but that's not what I wanted. I already have the pre-written t/y pages on my site.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Judging from this, and from your other posts today about a product-specific URL, etc, it seems you're trying to make Zen Cart function in a way it's not designed.

Zen Cart is a shopping-basket application that allows people to pick multiple items, add them to their basket, and then complete a combined purchase ... and take care of inventory all at the same time. At the end of checkout, one single checkout-success page is shown, which summarizes the customer's purchase. It is NOT a product-specific "thank you" page.

The idea of "product URL page" and "Thank-you page" sounds like you're operating as a reseller of one-at-a-time affiliate products, and not actually selling from a catalog/database of items in your own store. That's not how Zen Cart is designed.
    Nope, I'm not an affiliate. Not sure why you assumed that.

I didn't ask for a product URL page. I asked for the URL to the product (it should be different for each product) to put on my site so people can purchase.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfinancia1 View Post
    So are you saying there's no way for me to do this?
    I'm saying I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish and you have not provided enough specifics for anyone to give a good answer.

If you would detail, step by step, what it is you want, better answers can be provided.

Plugin Contributions

I'm saying I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish and you have not provided enough specifics for anyone to give a good answer.

If you would detail, step by step, what it is you want, better answers can be provided.
    I already stated it, but I'll just repeat it again. I need to be able to have a different thank you page show up after they purchase as each site or product has a different thank you page.

Plugin Contributions

As already mentioned;

There is a "Thank You" page after making a purchase.
    There is no other "Thank You" page or page for a msg. of that type.

it seems you're trying to make Zen Cart function in a way it's not designed
    So it would seem Zen Cart is not the script to use for your purposes.

Plugin Contributions

As already mentioned;

There is a "Thank You" page after making a purchase.
    There is no other "Thank You" page or page for a msg. of that type.
    the thank you page is constructed using the checkout_success page. there is a template file for it called:

tpl_checkout_success_default.php

one can modify this page to include specific comments about the products purchased on the order.

depending on how many products you have and how many different messages you want to display based on the products ordered would indicate a better idea as to the best architecture to implement such a solution.

i have not seen a ZC add-on for such a solution, although there might be one there.

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    the thank you page is constructed using the checkout_success page. there is a template file for it called:

tpl_checkout_success_default.php

one can modify this page to include specific comments about the products purchased on the order.

depending on how many products you have and how many different messages you want to display based on the products ordered would indicate a better idea as to the best architecture to implement such a solution.
    What you say is true but that is not what the OP was asking for.

Plugin Contributions

What would you do for people buying multiple products? Or would they only ever buy one product at a time?

I think, programmatically, it is possible to achieve what you want. Just spending a minute thinking about it while typing, you may be able to enter the URL in the admin product section since there already is a field for a URL there. This is stored in the products_description table. Then in tpl_checkout_success you will need to echo the link(s) and put in a message to click the link for product directions. You'd have to look at the template file and possibly it's page header file to figure out the exact code, someone could probably chime in with that.

In case you, or anyone looking for something like this, needs it, there is a define page generator module in the free downloads that can create all of the files needed, in the correct directory tree, for custom pages that you can then edit in the defines pages editor admin page. So you can create all of your custom pages and then put in the relative links in the product page URL field. Such as index.php?main_page=MyCustomPage1

I don't see how you could redirect to multiple pages if they bought more than 1 item. Although it may be possible with javascript either opening multiple browser tabs or popup windows, or multiple js "lightbox" overlays. But if you are selling single items at a time, you might be able to automatically redirect to the stored URL. Again, I don't know offhand the code to do it, but I think it should be possible.
    Last edited by lankeeyankee; 23 Jul 2017 at 09:56 PM.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast