Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Express Checkout issue (directing to wrong url)

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

Hello. I apologize if this is a duplicate post. I searched and could not find a solution to my problem in the forums.

I am using Zen Cart v 1.5.5e. I am using Picaflour responsive template. I have a few addons such as Testimonial Manager and "ask a question" modules.
    My PayPal account is a verified and confirmed business account.

The issue is that once the PayPal button is clicked it resolves at this url:
    https://www.paypal.com/checkoutnow/?...heckout/signup
    This allows the customer to check out but makes them login or create a PayPal account. It does not give the option to use a credit card as a guest such as this other store I run:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ction=continue

I am thinking this has to do with the PayPal account itself but I am not 100%.

In short, I need to be able to offer true PayPal Express and let the customer checkout without needing to make a PayPal account.

Thank you in advance!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express Checkout issue (directing to wrong url)

Quote Originally Posted by gsallen101289 View Post
    [Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

Hello. I apologize if this is a duplicate post. I searched and could not find a solution to my problem in the forums.

I am using Zen Cart v 1.5.5e. I am using Picaflour responsive template. I have a few addons such as Testimonial Manager and "ask a question" modules.
    My PayPal account is a verified and confirmed business account.

The issue is that once the PayPal button is clicked it resolves at this url:
    https://www.paypal.com/checkoutnow/?...heckout/signup
    This allows the customer to check out but makes them login or create a PayPal account. It does not give the option to use a credit card as a guest such as this other store I run:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ction=continue

I am thinking this has to do with the PayPal account itself but I am not 100%.

In short, I need to be able to offer true PayPal Express and let the customer checkout without needing to make a PayPal account.

Thank you in advance!!!
    SOLVED

For anyone that has this issue:

In admin go to Modules - Payments.
    Click PayPal Express then edit.
    Set "Use InContext Checkout?" to "Old"

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Nice bit of troubleshooting. I'm sure your solution will help others in the future.

That is why it's always a good idea for the original poster to post the solution found, when it was they who first had the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    Nice bit of troubleshooting. I'm sure your solution will help others in the future.

That is why it's always a good idea for the original poster to post the solution found, when it was they who first had the problem.
    I agree. I am glad that I found the solution to my problem and I hope it will help other in the future. Thanks!