Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Renamed folder and site links are broken

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    wild guess, cindy is making a bunch of changes, the site gets a bit broken, i highly doubt there is a server problem at this exact moment.... i could be wrong....

cindy,
    when you see the error:

DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED

that means there is a problem in one of the configures files. both files require credentials to access your database. without your database, zencart will not function.

when you changed your DB credentials using the cpanel, those credentials are what you need in the configures files. if you can login to phpMyAdmin and see the database then you have the necessary credentials for ZC. phpMyAdmin is a tool to look at and/or manipulate data in your database. it needs the same credentials as ZC needs.

i believe there is a database username, database password, and database server constant as well as a database prefix in both those files.

try changing those to what you use to get onto phpMyAdmin. it may sound a little confusing, but i think we all have had trouble logging into something at some point in our on-line lives.

good luck!
    You were correct Carl, I re-uploaded the 2 good updated files and it worked! Thank you for insisting, and for taking the time to comment!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Renamed folder and site links are broken

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Also, note that somewhat unfortunately the tool used to modify the files (ie. includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php) may also be holding "old" versions of the files. What does that mean? Well, it may seem like you are seeing that they have each been updated, but in fact one or the other has not been.

Much like a web browser, refreshing the files (F5 or ctrl-F5 or Cmnd-F5, etc...) should refresh the list and contents within the file(s) as seen on your computer. Also, it is possible that changes were made to your admin file and not to your store file and through that all, the phpmyadmin database information was not committed. Why could it be possible to change one and not the other? The store includes/configure.php is typically made read only (permissions of 444) by the ZC software to prevent inadvertent modification. Without making it writeable (644) "changes" made would not be stored. Depending on your editing software, you may not have been alerted to that... also, because it hasn't been stated to you to modify the file permissions, I have a feeling that the includes/configure.php file was not actually updated with new database credentials. :/

Sorry I missed all the chaos that followed. Haven't really checked back to the site much today and after I received notification of the success, any further posts to this thread were not forwarded.

As to the foldername renaming, I expect RodG to chime in saying that this is possibly one reason not to worry about changing the name, though the entire situation does seem unusual. Really do hope that you have/had a backup of your database.
    I was updating the files using text edit (mac) and uploading them using filezilla. It all works now, thank you for your insight and taking the time to help!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234