Hi Zencart, here is an issue I need to tackle. I will be re-loading my site with PHP 5.6 for now, so the site will appear to work. This is just so I don't disappoint my customers today.

site URL: https://www.stopmotionstore.com/
ZC version: 1.5.5a
List of plugins: Premium 2a theme (default templates are display same problem)
PHP version: 7 (5.6 does not create this error)

What is the problem? Upon updating from PHP 5.6 to 7.0, Zencart doesn't display any product categories for any template I use, including the default templates. This seems to happen in Google Chrome and Firefox. I didn't test in IE.

I thought this had to do with a mobile template I installed years ago and then removed recently. However this problem happened while it was installed and while it was uninstalled.

Here's the error in the log file which displays no matter which template is set to default:

[26-Jul-2017 07:24:24 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /homepages/1/XXXX/htdocs/www.stopmotionstore.com/includes/templates/premium2a/common/tpl_header.php:141
Stack trace:
#0 /homepages/1/XXXX/htdocs/www.stopmotionstore.com/includes/templates/premium2a/common/tpl_main_page.php(73): require()
#1 /homepages/1/XXXX/htdocs/www.stopmotionstore.com/index.php(97): require('/homepages/1/d3...')
#2 {main}
thrown in /homepages/1/XXXX/htdocs/www.stopmotionstore.com/includes/templates/premium2a/common/tpl_header.php on line 141

Not sure if this is an issue but I also have this message at the top of my admin area: "Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Information to review patch levels."

Thanks for any help.