Plugin Contributions

Default Database needs patching to a higher level

I have a zen cart based store in operation for years here www.bookstore.sriramanamaharshi.org based on version 1.5.1. In order to upgrade to version 1.5.5e I did a fresh install in a test directory www.newstore.sriramanamaharshi.org with a new subdomain. Used mysqldump to repopulate the new store. While products are all showing OK I am having two issues. There is a message in admin. Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Information to review patch levels
    More seriously when I try to register my name as a new customer as the last step I get the error "refresh the page and try again" The login thereafter fails both with forgot password and the used password.
    Debug error log says state column missing in country. I have prset country to India and states of India show after first attempt but not initially. I didn't run a demo and suspect compatibility issues between the databases of 1.5.1 and 1.5.5. The environment is bluehost dedicated server running under nginx 1.13.3 after a recent upgrade to easyapache4 from easyapache3. Can someone help me with mysql database upgrade. I don't know which patch to use or how to do it correctly.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database needs patching to a higher level

In what you posted, I don't see anywhere that you used zc_install to perform the actual database upgrade. That would explain many of your symptoms.

Ref: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Does it mean that using mysqldump to populate the database prior to zc_install is a mistake and I have to redo the whole install?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Arunachala View Post
    Does it mean that using mysqldump to populate the database prior to zc_install is a mistake and I have to redo the whole install?
    If you check the referenced link. No it is not a mistake to place the database before running zc_install (a second time). In otherwords, right now if you were to upload a clean copy of the zc_install folder and follow the instructions to only do a database upgrade (do *not* choose to install) then the message will go away. (store will be in maintenance mode as well).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank You Dr. Byte. You are the man. I had done everything correct except pushed the button of fresh install instead of upgrade. In part it was caused by a bad memory which rightly believed that files are fresh install. Thanks