Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered... admin, currencies.php

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Sorry, more than likely will need to add the above at or around line 58 so that $level will be forced to be an integer. In newer php versions it is/will be possible to cast/expect the value to be an integer, but to maintain the existing backwards compatibility the above was the way chosen.
    Thanks a million, it seems to work, so far no error files in the /logs directory, thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered... admin, currencies.php

Hi, buddies,

after upgrade of my shop to version 1.5.5f and upgrade of PHP to 7.1, I recieved PHP Warning with "a non numeric value encountered" for categories_ul_generator.php and thanks to your updates was able to resolve it fast.

However now I´m stuck,

I recieved the same PHP warning here:

[01-Nov-2018 00:33:02 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=shopping_cart, IP address: xxx
    #1 zones->quote() called at [/home/xxx/public_html/includes/classes/shipping.php:171]
    #2 shipping->quote() called at [/home/xxx/public_html/includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php:140]
    #3 require(/home/xxx/public_html/includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php) called at [/home/xxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php:194]
    #4 require(/home/xxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php) called at [/home/xxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php:171]
    #5 require(/home/xxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/xxx/public_html/index.php:97]

[01-Nov-2018 00:33:02 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/xxx/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/zones.php on line 257

line 257 in zones.php looks like this:

$shipping_cost = ($shipping) + constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_HANDLING_' . $dest_zone);

any help would be very much appreciated, guys

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Doomm View Post
    Hi, buddies,

after upgrade of my shop to version 1.5.5f and upgrade of PHP to 7.1, I recieved PHP Warning with "a non numeric value encountered" for categories_ul_generator.php and thanks to your updates was able to resolve it fast.

However now I´m stuck,

I recieved the same PHP warning here:

[01-Nov-2018 00:33:02 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=shopping_cart, IP address: xxx
    #1 zones->quote() called at [/home/xxx/public_html/includes/classes/shipping.php:171]
    #2 shipping->quote() called at [/home/xxx/public_html/includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php:140]
    #3 require(/home/xxx/public_html/includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php) called at [/home/xxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php:194]
    #4 require(/home/xxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php) called at [/home/xxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php:171]
    #5 require(/home/xxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/xxx/public_html/index.php:97]

[01-Nov-2018 00:33:02 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/xxx/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/zones.php on line 257

line 257 in zones.php looks like this:

$shipping_cost = ($shipping) + constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_HANDLING_' . $dest_zone);

any help would be very much appreciated, guys
    Looks like in your zones shipping module that for each applicable zone that a value needs to be entered instead of an empty string. So, if there is no handling fee, then a value of 0 should be entered instead of leaving it blank.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

So if I understand it correctly, this should be done from the admin and there is no need to change of the code.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Plugin Contributions

So if I understand it correctly, this should be done from the admin and there is no need to change of the code.

Thank you very much for your time and help.
    No *need*, but an improvement in the base code could be made to default to a 0 instead of empty, but typing in a value of 0 should resolve that warning.

Plugin Contributions

No *need*, but an improvement in the base code could be made to default to a 0 instead of empty, but typing in a value of 0 should resolve that warning.
    I´m so sorry, I´m not following you (not really a coder, here) and I´m very grateful for your patience.

Could you please direct me where in this php file (zones.php), should I be looking for this empty string?

Plugin Contributions

Editing the zc155f version of /includes/modules/shipping/zones.php, find:

Code:
    // class constructor
        function __construct() {
          $this->code = 'zones';
          $this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_TITLE;
          $this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
          $this->sort_order = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_SORT_ORDER;
          $this->icon = '';
          $this->tax_class = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TAX_CLASS;
          $this->tax_basis = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TAX_BASIS;
    and add the highlighted fragments:
    Code:
    // class constructor
        function __construct() {
          $this->code = 'zones';
          $this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_TITLE;
          $this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
          $this->sort_order = (int)MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_SORT_ORDER;
          $this->icon = '';
          $this->tax_class = (int)MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TAX_CLASS;
          $this->tax_basis = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TAX_BASIS;
    Note that I've also applied that integer "cast" to the tax-class-id, just in case!

Plugin Contributions

I´m so sorry, I´m not following you (not really a coder, here) and I´m very grateful for your patience.

Could you please direct me where in this php file (zones.php), should I be looking for this empty string?
    To address the specific warning message that was presented, the only thing necessary was to enter in a number into the handling fee area for each of the zones and not leave it blank. This entry is performed from admin->modules->shipping->zones.

It appears the code already contains a default value of '0' at least when first installing the additional zone(s).

Plugin Contributions

To address the specific warning message that was presented, the only thing necessary was to enter in a number into the handling fee area for each of the zones and not leave it blank. This entry is performed from admin->modules->shipping->zones.

It appears the code already contains a default value of '0' at least when first installing the additional zone(s).
    Great, that´s what I did in the first place, but was not sure, if it´s enough.

Thank you very much for your help and understanding,

cheers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234