Plugin Contributions

Default Is it possible to do templates with Adobe Muse?

Is it possible to do Zen Cart templates with Adobe Muse?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it possible to do Zen Cart templates with Adobe Muse?

No.
    Your question illustrates that you do not understand how Zen Cart/a dynamic website works.
    Every page you see in a Zen Cart shop is "dynamically created" which means every bit of the html that gets sent to your browser/that you see, is "written" on the fly by the php code in the Zen Cart files in the moment that your browser requests it.

So in my opinion the process is
    a) create a new template in Zen Cart
    b) modify the code (in various places) to achieve the essential extra functionality you need (where you find Zen Cart lacking) and IGNORE how it looks. If you can't do it, use another shop!
    c) design the look of the shop in any software you like, from Paint to Photoshop. Something that does product static pages can indeed be useful in that it will show you what css changes will be needed/can be done. But its output cannot be directly translated to any dynamic code.
    d) modify the code to achieve the structure of your design.
    e) modify the css to get the look you want.

The idea is that from b) onwards you are in business and making money while you waste a vast amount of time on c, d and e!
    Everyone gets the order wrong and thinks that no-one will buy if the design is not perfect, so delay launching the site. Mistake.

So, the question of third-party software "doing a template" is impossible.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Possible to make Muse to Wordpress. Thats why I ask.

https://musewidgets.com/collections/...e-to-wordpress

Plugin Contributions

I would agree that it will come with its complications and a significant amount of time involved in code writing/modification/comparison.

From a brief review of publicly available instruction on adobe muse, it looks like it could generate the generic html page display, but then time would be involved in either backfeeding ZC template related features (data to be presented) and/or modifying css. I wasn't able to ascertain if a "beginning" layout could be pushed to Muse that then could be altered and show a sort of difference/or final state that could be applied.

I do know that someone in the last several months posted how they tend to build templates basically from the bottom up and they described their methodology. The biggest thing I have seen with "outside developed" templates is that in the end they tend to also have difficulty incorporating features of other plugins because they diverge so much from the underlying structure.

To reiterate, I would also say that to develop the template completely in Muse would likely miss significant pieces and parts of the base operation, but it seems like it could be a tool to get to a functional template/look that likely will need a lot of work.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...