Plugin Contributions

Default Installing from CPanel, Softaculous

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]
    I loaded Zencart from softaculous in my CPanel under APPS on i believe is a windows server from my web provider? It input all the paths for me and named the database. I just filled in the password. When I try to open the page or admin page it just times out. HELP. Im not computer illiterate but not real familiar with programming. I did check & it does have latest php and SSL.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installing from CPanel, Softaculous

Well, first welcome to Zen Cart. It's unfortunate that your introduction to the software hasn't yet been a good one. Problems like this though tend to occur when using software that hasn't been installed in accordance with the developers instruction.

So two paths of thought here. One: since this software (softaculous) was provided by your webhost, technically they should be approached about the issue as it is their installation... The second/other thought, is to install the software the way it is meant to be installed...

Sure, you now have a database... that's good, and can be the "hardest" thing to overcome/do from a new user perspective. I say that from my own past experience when first using anything database/php/zen cart related...

The information to use/reuse that database can be found in the files includes/configure.php and the folder that represents your admin directory (admin/includes/configure.php) now... please don't ever post the name of your actual admin directory. While it isn't significantly detrimental it offers one more easy piece of information for others to try to access info they shouldn't be able to get to.

So as for installation, navigate to the main page of this website and follow the links for installation. Go ahead and allow that installation to overwrite the existing database. Be sure that the file upload occurs to where nothing from the softaculous install interferes... ie different directory, move/remove the existing install, etc...

Otherwise, the folder called logs may contain information related to the issue which could help your host figure out what is wrong to fix their softaculous installation/installer...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Also check with your webhost to see if your site is really hosted on a Windows server.

If that's the case, do yourself a big favor and get that changed so that your site is hosted on a Unix/Linux server ... you'll save yourself a world of hurt in the future!

Plugin Contributions

I would assume you are using an auto-install script to try out Zen Cart.
    Good idea, as USUALLY it is pain-free from the intricacies of a manual install, which a potential/interested user really does not need on day one. I would advise all those interested in ZC to do this as a first step.
    Just be clear that once you DO decide on Zen Cart, this automated install should be binned so there is never a danger of allowing an auto-upgrade, which is the short road to kill a shop.
    An auto-install should NEVER be your production shop.
    Your REAL shop should be manually installed so you DO get a bit of pain=knowledge and are so better prepared to work with ZC, which after all is a DIY ecommerce solution.

So, if the auto-install did not work, get your hoster to sort it out. This is a service they offer, so they need to support it. Don't waste any more of your time.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for all the replies and Im sorry for just jumping in with a problem. I also obviously didnt read the post note that said delete this note before you post!! I appreciate those who have responding with suggestions and will proceed as instructed. I will get a little more info from my hosting service. I have been using them and doing my own website for about 13 yrs. I like to right my own pages so I learn as I go. Again thanks! I will post as I find out more about the issue.