Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Goofed up templates. Can I reload orig ZC files without having to re-install stor

Here is the tutorial to which I was referring:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...ustom-template

I changed this as follows: $template_name = 'AATF Responsive Template'

And only originally did I copy 'template_default' files ... after realizing it didn't work, I copied 'responsive_classic' files.

All of which led me to a blank page, which to me means I'm doing something wrong. I read the articles on what to check and since the ONLY thing I changes was the title (to add AATF in front of 'responsive template' in the 'template_info.php' file.

I am at my wits end.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Goofed up templates. Can I reload orig ZC files without having to re-install stor

So you have these two dir's?

includes/templates/aatf_responsive_template/
    includes/templates/responsive_template/

Do you have the option in Admin to change to your custom template?

Plugin Contributions

Yes ...I have both directories (although "responsive_template" is called "responsive_classic"

And yes, admin gives me the option to change to AATF Responsive Template. It's only once I change that the site page goes blank. (Again, did not have this problem when I tried to test with 'template_default' based custom template.
    Last edited by lindagal2; 7 Aug 2017 at 08:36 AM.

Plugin Contributions

My mistake on 'responsive_classic' template. The template 'title' can be whatever you want, so long as it is in your custom dir.

Basic troubleshooting would now dictate to check the 'logs' dir. and your Apache error log.

Plugin Contributions

Sadly, we have reached the end of my knowledge ...I have no clue how to access an apache error log or how to read it.

However, looking in the logs file (guessing here!) under today's date, I did find this line:

Code:
    [06-Aug-2017 20:36:52 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function isMobile() on null in /home/french/www/store/includes/templates/aatf_template/common/tpl_header.php on line 45
    EDIT And looking further ... found several other errors. I have to have somehting presentable for my friend to go live with tomorrow morning so a this point, unless you can think of something easy I'm missing, I have to drop this and just go with the default template and get *SOMETHING* workable online in the next 6 hours. Thanks for your help to date.
    Last edited by lindagal2; 7 Aug 2017 at 08:45 AM.

Plugin Contributions

There are many parts to the template system, not just the files/folders in includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE, but many other sub-directories as well each under main folders such as includes/modules and includes/languages.

Anyways. If you have a functional template that resembles the "main template" that you wish to use, then suggest at this stage to use the clone template plugin to take your functional template to its own directory.

Regarding which what to copy where. Template_default and files say in the includes/modules directory (not in a deeper sub-directory) are the "core" files that are loaded when a template override version is not found. Therefore, to duplicate the responsive_class template, you would want to copy over all of your responsive_classic override files to your new template directory. Yes, it is suggested to modify that template_info file, but it is not a necessity in order for the template to function. It can be confusing to not edit it, but ZC will carry on.

As for identifying the override directories independently, there is a "plugin" regarding the template override system. It's basically an html document with javascript/jquery that shows you where overrides can be used/setup.

As previously stated elsewhere and guided to above: blank page: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

Highlights from that? ZC 1.5.1 and above /logs directory, review/address most recent log. Store side problem myDebug-xxxxx file, admin side myDebug-adm-xxxx file. Suggest not posting the admin directory name itself if present.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lindagal2 View Post
    Sadly, we have reached the end of my knowledge ...I have no clue how to access an apache error log or how to read it.

However, looking in the logs file (guessing here!) under today's date, I did find this line:

Code:
    [06-Aug-2017 20:36:52 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function isMobile() on null in /home/french/www/store/includes/templates/aatf_template/common/tpl_header.php on line 45
    EDIT And looking further ... found several other errors. I have to have somehting presentable for my friend to go live with tomorrow morning so a this point, unless you can think of something easy I'm missing, I have to drop this and just go with the default template and get *SOMETHING* workable online in the next 6 hours. Thanks for your help to date.
    The responsive_classic template loads and "instantiates" the Mobile_Detect class; the error you're receiving would imply that you don't have the responsive_classic's version of /includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/html_header.php.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Also, if you're going to "clone" the responsive_classic template, then you need to clone ALL of the responsive_classic override folders ...
    ie:
    /includes/languages/english/responsive_classic
    /includes/languages/english/html_includes/responsive_classic
    /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_classic
    /includes/modules/responsive_classic
    /includes/modules/sideboxes/responsive_classic
    /includes/templates/responsive_classic

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lindagal2 View Post
    I have no clue how to access an apache error log or how to read it.
    The Apache error log is found in the Hosting Control Panel provided by your Hoster. Ask them where it is if you cannot find it.

Even if you don't understand the information it provides, you can copy & paste usually the first one or two lines into your forum post and then help can be provided as to what it means. Make sure to use the # button in your post, for the Apache error lines, to correctly display the information.

Also make sure to xxx out the username in the file path.

i.e.
    Code:
     [client 24.71.70.128:49818] /home/xxx/public_html/...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12