Plugin Contributions

Default [Done v1.5.5f] zen_post_all_get_params throws warnings on $_GET array variables

Doing a regular "log inspection" on a client's site and came across a bunch of logs complaining that:
    Code:
    PHP Warning:  trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in xxxx\includes\functions\functions_general.php
    I've modeled the issue in a local test site, with the following log as confirmation:
    Code:
    [10-Aug-2017 12:09:20 America/New_York] Request URI: /xxx/index.php?selskin=..%2Finc%2Fboxleft.inc%00&xposbox[L][]=%2Fetc%2Fpasswd%00, IP address: ::1
    #1  trim() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\includes\functions\functions_general.php:62]
    #2  zen_parse_input_field_data() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\includes\functions\functions_general.php:76]
    #3  zen_output_string() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\includes\functions\html_output.php:469]
    #4  zen_draw_hidden_field() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\includes\functions\functions_general.php:193]
    #5  zen_post_all_get_params() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\includes\modules\sideboxes\currencies.php:29]
    #6  require(C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\includes\modules\sideboxes\currencies.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\includes\modules\column_right.php:32]
    #7  require(C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\includes\modules\column_right.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\includes\templates\my_template\common\tpl_main_page.php:184]
    #8  require(C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\includes\templates\my_template\common\tpl_main_page.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\index.php:97]

[10-Aug-2017 12:09:20 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\includes\functions\functions_general.php on line 62
    The issue appears to start with zen_post_all_get_params not recognizing $_GET variables that are arrays (the zen_get_all_get_params does have such recognition).

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: zen_post_all_get_params throws warnings on $_GET array variables

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post

[10-Aug-2017 12:09:20 America/New_York] Request URI: /xxx/index.php?selskin=..%2Finc%2Fboxleft.inc%00&xposbox[L][]=%2Fetc%2Fpasswd%00, IP address: ::1
    I'm a bit worried that you're modeling it by doing hack attempts...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I'm a bit worried that you're modeling it by doing hack attempts...
    Well, it was the result of a SecurityMetrics scan that caused the issues.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Fair. Good to know that it's not occurring in "real world" normal operations.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I think the fix is as simple as adding these couple lines: Ignore sub-arrays in zen_get/post_all_get_params

Plugin Contributions

I was going to suggest something along those lines; there shouldn't be any $_GET array-variables anymore ... should there?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I think the fix is as simple as adding these couple lines: Ignore sub-arrays in zen_get/post_all_get_params
    i think this is an EXCELLENT idea....
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I was going to suggest something along those lines; there shouldn't be any $_GET array-variables anymore ... should there?
    After further thought, if there shouldn't be any $_GET array-variables ... shouldn't those all be "sanitized" out by /includes/init_sanitize.php? That way, all other processing will also benefit from the removal.