Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Store works fine but admin page give HTTP ERROR 500

Just upgraded to zen cart 1.5.5e. After thorough testing and making sure that everything is working fine replaced the live store with the updated store. Store is receiving orders just fine but suddenly the admin page gives HTTP ERROR 500. Of course the admin was working for me to make changes. The store is at www.bookstore.sriramanamaharshi.org. The admin is at /NamoRamana12. This is driving me crazy because the tech support at Bluehost is unable to find anything, no error log message or zen cart debug message. I know it is not easy to find the cause of this but any direction of where to look for answers from experts will help.Thanks
    Last edited by Arunachala; 13 Aug 2017 at 06:36 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Store works fine but admin page give HTTP ERROR 500

Quote Originally Posted by Arunachala View Post
    Just upgraded to zen cart 1.5.5e. After thorough testing and making sure that everything is working fine replaced the live store with the updated store. Store is receiving orders just fine but suddenly the admin page gives HTTP ERROR 500. Of course the admin was working for me to make changes. The store is at www.bookstore.sriramanamaharshi.org. The admin is at /NamoRamana12. This is driving me crazy because the tech support at Bluehost is unable to find anything, no error log message or zen cart debug message. I know it is not easy to find the cause of this but any direction of where to look for answers from experts will help.Thanks
    Accessing your admin does not give me the HTTP ERROR 500, but it gives me a blank page.

Check this FAQ first: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...art-of-a-page)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. In google chrome I do get HTTP ERROR 500. I will check along the lines shown by you. Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. In google chrome I do get HTTP ERROR 500. I will check along the lines shown by you. Thanks again
    Yes, Chrome throws the HTTP ERROR 500, Opera claims that the server is not found, Firefox gives me a blank page.

What is your current PHP version? Check in your cPanel.

Plugin Contributions

There's a lot of gaps of information missing from the Original Post (OP).
    Said that the new store replaced the old, please explain how that was done. Were the new files just loaded overtop all of the existing files? Was there some sort of url move performed? Please explain.

Have you tried an alternate browser (other than telling the Internet community, not just those of ZC where to find the admin directory to your site)? Did you clear the cache and/or cookies of your browser?

Have you attempted to reload the admin directory files in the event one or more files did not transfer successfully? What was the method of transfer for the admin files? Was it performed one file at a time or all at once?

The admin/includes/configure.php, with regards to path information that remains in the upgraded version, does it match the information in the includes/configure.php or how does the existing information differ from that information? For example: DIR_FS_CATALOG, is it the same in both files?

Was a temporary admin/local/configure.php file used in the upgrade environment that got copied over to the live store and is now causing this conflict?

Is there a uri rewriter that is in use or an .htaccess file in the catalog directory or higher up in the file structure that causes this issue?

You said that your host has done some investigating, but what are you finding in the /logs directory of your ZC installation? Particularly the most recent myDebug file generated. I would say not to include your admin directory in the posting of the contents between [code] and [/code] tags, but that supposedly has already been done.

Etc...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

the logs will provide the answer, as it is definitely a 500 error.

there will either be a log in the ZC logs directory else in the apache error log. the former should be easy for you to find. your host can help with the latter.

that said, it all probability, the problem resides in your:

YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php

good luck.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Checked cpanel error log. The error is Mismatch between target GID (501) and GID (401) of file "/home/srirama1/public_html/onlinestore/NamoRamana12/index.php,
    Basically nginx and group id are having ownership problem. I believe there is a command which will fix it. Admin was working before. I did a fresh install . Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Arunachala; 13 Aug 2017 at 05:42 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I am willing to pay someone who has the expertise to fix this.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Since GID mismatches are filesystem-related, your server company's support team should be able to fix it.

(Zen Cart has no special requirements as far as filesystem expectations are concerned. It likes to have some directories "writable by PHP" in order to facilitate things like: file-uploads by administrators (for product images mainly) and customers (order-specific image media if you're using that), for caching, and error-log-writing, and controlled downloads for virtual products. So, other than being able to write files to the server, Zen Cart has no other special needs. Very vanilla. Nothing special with GID.)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Checked cpanel error log. The error is Mismatch between target GID (501) and GID (401) of file "/home/srirama1/public_html/onlinestore/NamoRamana12/index.php,
    the tech support at Bluehost is unable to find anything, no error log message or zen cart debug message.
    So you can find the Apache error log entry and yet Tech Support cannot? What's wrong with that picture? Provide your error log information and see if that helps them.

Also, you have a more serious problem with your SSL Cert which is for www.sriramanamaharshi.org so it cannot be used with the 'bookstore' sub-domain name. Better to just use www.sriramanamaharshi.org/bookstore/ . Even though it means changing both Zen Cart config files and perhaps a few other settings, it will be better in the long run.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast