Plugin Contributions

Default Help Needed With Easy Populate

I am using Easy Populate version 1.2.6.4 with a clean install of the latest Zen Cart. I have been given a series of CSV files from my supplier, I have managed to follow a tutorial and prepare the product file with the correct fields and it has imported perfectly into Zen Cart.

The problem I have is I have a field called v_products_description_1 which obviously holds the products description, however the supplier has sent me another CSV which identifies what that product is compatible with which I would like to include within the description, this particular CSV file has loads of columns with 1 cell per product is is compatible with.

I have tried creating v_products_description_2 / 3 / 4 etc but that does not work, I now realise the trailing _1 relates to the language. I have also tried renaming all the fields v_products_description_1 and that does not work either.

I am now lost and have no idea where to go next. I have learned so much in the last 48 hours but I`m now lost so any help would be a massive help.

Many thanks in advance.

Mike Smith

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help Needed With Easy Populate

As stated in the other nearly identical thread, it would be most assistive to you and to others to post to the thread related to your plugin. The thread that appears to apply is: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-2-5-4-support

Now, I still haven't downloaded this particular version of EP, but in another version, such language related fields, the _1 represents the language assigned to id of 1. To see how your store is setup, the general suggestion is to export a representative file from your store. Then review the fields and the data within them.

Then go back to your store and the manual entry area. Make a small non-important change. Export that data again and see if you spot the change that was made. That will give you the relationship of the data to the product.

If your export doesn't have v_products_description_1 but instead some other number at the end, then that number is what is needed for your import file.

Remember also, your vendor provides you with their data. You need to organize their data to match your store's needs. That may be some amount of copying text (CONCAT function in many spreadsheet applications will join two or more cells into one), and as necessary to do some reorganization of data. There are ways to do this type of reorganization in a more automated process between additional php code, script within the spreadsheet editor's program or just developing a simple process for yourself to follow with each new copy of the file. Also, the vendor providing the data may be able to provide the information in an alternate arrangement to better suit your needs...

Whatever the case be sure to try out your operations on a backup of your site or in such a manor that you won't disrupt your normal successful operation. Also be sure to understand what the instructions are telling you so that you can ask at the above thread questions from a direction of knowledge, even if the knowledge is that you don't understand what the instructions are saying...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help Needed With Easy Populate

I searched the forum but could not find a dedicated thread for my version of the plugin, I have 1.2.6.4 and the link you provide is for 1.2.5.4 that's maybe why I never found it, I don`t want to just keep duplicating my question, sorry

I have made a little progress with this, I have already organised my suppliers data so that I can import it and that works fine.

The second file with the data for what the parts are compatible with I have managed to merge the data into 1 cell and that worked fine.

So what I did was clear all the products from my store, this is a new store so it is not disrupting anything, I then imported my data from the suppliers file minus the v_products_description_1 column, the import worked fine and there was nothing in the description section of the store.

I then imported the second file which only had 2 columns, the v_products_model and the merged v_products_description_1. I was expecting it to then put in the data but it didn`t, when I went to the product on the store the product descriptions were still blank ...

Am I missing something ??