Plugin Contributions

help question Unique code Bulk Coupon Help - Newbie

Hi

I am new to Zencart (version 1.3.8a) and any form of website set up so please bear with me.

We are giving away vouchers/coupons to selected customers for 25% off our website. This will be approximately 1100 individual customers, many not registered on our website currently as they have been selected for pledging on another project.

So i need a solution where the coupon code cannot be passed on to others.

My thought process was to give every customer a unique code. With this in mind i found an add on called 'Friendly Bulk Coupon Upload' which after lots of googling and pondering i have managed to successfully add to our website.

However on the Bulk upload form there is only the option to add a £ discount amount, not a % amount.

We have started to go into each individual coupon and edit it and change it to %, but
    a)this takes forever!!
    b)quite often the code just seems to disappear (or possibly change code) as it no longer appears in the list but the number of items in total does not go down. In these cases i have trawled through 56 pages of coupons (you don't seem to be able to search) and the code number no longer appears.

Can anyone help me find a better solution please?

I'm sure this must be something other people wish to do to stop a code being put into the public domain to be able to be used by all and sundry?

I am not familiar with SQL etc so please if you have any solutions talk to me like a complete beginner!
    many thanks

claire

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unique code Bulk Coupon Help - Newbie

I just installed that mod to check it out. It looks like it will need a little modification to be able to change the value from a pulldown with currency values to a text field that will accept %, like in the regular coupon admin. This will also need some of the code from the coupon_admin file.

For your case, an easy fix once you have all 1100 coupon codes in the database, you can use a statement in tools> install SQL patches to bulk change the coupon type from F to P (amount off to percentage).
    Code:
    UPDATE coupons SET coupon_type = 'P';
    This is assuming the amount is already set to 25.

This will change all coupons to percent off, so if you have other coupons that are free shipping or amount off they will be changed, too, and would need to be manually changed back.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel13 View Post
    I am new to Zencart (version 1.3.8a) and any form of website set up so please bear with me.
    If this is a true statement, you need to update to the current version BEFORE you go any further.

That mod is probably not compatible with 1.3.8a OR 1.5.5e.

https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-How-do-I-upgrade

Plugin Contributions

It's compatible with both and I have it on 1.5.5e. Upgrading would be a good idea since 1.3.8a is pretty old and has known security vulnerabilities.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!