Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help to do an upgrade from 1.5.0 to 1.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    To summarize, i did a clean install on a domain called CHALLENGEMEHQ.COM
    This took me a while to test/install the mods i needed to use and format the look i wanted.
    That part is ok.

Now, i am testing the upgrade of a "LIVE" site. To do that, i am using the cloned version of my live site that was called STORETEST. That is the version i always used, in the past, to test a new mod, etc. It was cloned about 2 years ago, so obviously the database is "outdated", but it still works AS a live site, with the same version as my LIVE site. So this is where i am testing the actual "live upgrade".

The initial testing site had:
    DB_DATABASE = creat419_zencart589
    DB_PREFIX = zen_

The live site has
    DB_DATABASE = creat419_zencart
    DB_PREFIX = zen_

The cloned site has
    DB_DATABASE = creat419_zencartclone
    DB_PREFIX = zen_

Is that correct?
    Could be correct provided that _zencartclone came from _zencart... If it came from _zencart589, then well no update to be performed.. Haven't also described the "look" of the cloned site... Is there something expected there from the database (different product?) than was in the testing site?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I could copy them all, but they all have a PASSED mention.

So how do i get this GZip enabled?
    There's a number of ways identified in internet searches. Its not required for operation, it just offers faster operation, I realize its not an answer, but I may suggest that for that one to discuss with your host to be able to use the method they consider the best to support their system. I saw htaccess methods primarily, but possibly some other ways.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Could be correct provided that _zencartclone came from _zencart... If it came from _zencart589, then well no update to be performed..
    Not sure what you mean by this statement. Each database AND install is separate. I saved the configure.php file for the _zencartclone to use with that store/install. I didn't "mix" database and store. That is the first thing i checked when i got the error because the mention of a "live site"

Haven't also described the "look" of the cloned site... Is there something expected there from the database (different product?) than was in the testing site?
    The cloned site is exactly like the LIVE site (http://creationcassel.com/store). Same front end, same mods, same images, same everything, so although the database is a different one, it is identical in content to what it was 2 years ago, when it was cloned. The test site was a clean install but i had exported the database from the live site so the "content" was the same as the live site. Now, i don't need that database since the cloned site had its own, that was similar enough to the live site. Is that was you were asking?

Plugin Contributions

There's a number of ways identified in internet searches. Its not required for operation, it just offers faster operation, I realize its not an answer, but I may suggest that for that one to discuss with your host to be able to use the method they consider the best to support their system. I saw htaccess methods primarily, but possibly some other ways.
    If that is "not required for operation", i can skip it for now, but i am back to the question about the mention about the database, where it says " Proceeding with Install will wipe out the current database contents! Are you sure you want to install?" Will it erase it all? If so, how would i get all that info again? By re-importing the db again? That is the "next step" that is scaring me because i don't understand what will/can happen. I tried searching for this message but unsuccessfully.

Plugin Contributions

One thing that i am still not understanding is this. When i tested on the blank installation that was installed through Softoculous, i had to upgrade it (from 1.5.5 to 1.5.5e). I HAD a database, that was a cloned DB from my live site. When i ran the zc_install, it never mentioned anything about the DB being from a live site or anything about the DB. It only gave me the option to upgrade. I was using the _zencart589 DB, which was full of data (it was not empty) and it went fine.

Now, i am ALSO trying to upgrade with the zc_install (same one) although it is from 1.5.0 to 1.5.5e. I ALSO have a DB with data in it. Not all the same data as the live site, and the exact same type of data as used in the TEST as it is also cloned from the actual live site. Why is it THIS TIME, throwing a fit (so to speak)?

What makes this second one look like from a live site and not the first one?

Plugin Contributions

After checking and rechecking the configure.php file for anything missing (a comma, a quotation, a typo, anything), nothing seems to be missing or wrong (from MY understanding). I tried to run the zc_install again, and since i am getting the exact same error, i checked the log file. Strangely, the errors are not the same!

Initially, i was getting this:
    Code:
    Aug 31 2017 19:16 -- checkIniGet
    FAILED
    (
        [inigetName] => output_buffering
        [expectedValue] => 1
    )
    and now, i am getting these:
    Code:
    Aug 31 2017 23:36 -- checkPhpVersion
    FAILED
    (
        [version] => 5.5.0
        [versionTest] => ge
    )

Aug 31 2017 23:36 -- checkHtaccessSupport
    FAILED
    And the mention about checkIniGet is not even in the log (no PASSED or FAILED)

Plugin Contributions

One thing that i am still not understanding is this. When i tested on the blank installation that was installed through Softoculous, i had to upgrade it (from 1.5.5 to 1.5.5e). I HAD a database, that was a cloned DB from my live site. When i ran the zc_install, it never mentioned anything about the DB being from a live site or anything about the DB. It only gave me the option to upgrade. I was using the _zencart589 DB, which was full of data (it was not empty) and it went fine.

Now, i am ALSO trying to upgrade with the zc_install (same one) although it is from 1.5.0 to 1.5.5e. I ALSO have a DB with data in it. Not all the same data as the live site, and the exact same type of data as used in the TEST as it is also cloned from the actual live site. Why is it THIS TIME, throwing a fit (so to speak)?

What makes this second one look like from a live site and not the first one?
    Is this still the same site that recently had a redirect to your live site?
    There could be also a setting in that database that is picked up and possibly causing the install to attempt to access the actual live database?
    Possible that in the process of making that site live that portions of the following link were not followed? (See "step" 6): https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...fferent-server

Plugin Contributions

After checking and rechecking the configure.php file for anything missing (a comma, a quotation, a typo, anything), nothing seems to be missing or wrong (from MY understanding). I tried to run the zc_install again, and since i am getting the exact same error, i checked the log file. Strangely, the errors are not the same!

Initially, i was getting this:
    Code:
    Aug 31 2017 19:16 -- checkIniGet
    FAILED
    (
        [inigetName] => output_buffering
        [expectedValue] => 1
    )
    and now, i am getting these:
    Code:
    Aug 31 2017 23:36 -- checkPhpVersion
    FAILED
    (
        [version] => 5.5.0
        [versionTest] => ge
    )

Aug 31 2017 23:36 -- checkHtaccessSupport
    FAILED
    And the mention about checkIniGet is not even in the log (no PASSED or FAILED)
    The version being upgraded, if followed the discussion correctly, the site also is ZC 1.5.0 to be upgraded to 1.5.5 and yet the above PHP version check identifies that the version is 5.5.0... That is outside the scope of operation for ZC 1.5.0; however, not for ZC 1.5.5... So really confused about the status of your files... If you goto the zc_install/includes/version.php file, what is identified for: PROJECT_VERSION_MINOR?

Plugin Contributions

The version being upgraded, if followed the discussion correctly, the site also is ZC 1.5.0 to be upgraded to 1.5.5 and yet the above PHP version check identifies that the version is 5.5.0... That is outside the scope of operation for ZC 1.5.0; however, not for ZC 1.5.5... So really confused about the status of your files... If you goto the zc_install/includes/version.php file, what is identified for: PROJECT_VERSION_MINOR?

define('PROJECT_VERSION_MINOR', '5.5e');

However, it also says this:
    define('EXPECTED_DATABASE_VERSION_MAJOR', '1');
    define('EXPECTED_DATABASE_VERSION_MINOR', '5.5');

Does it mean that it is expecting to work with 1.5.5 from the get go instead of the 1.5.0 that i have which is confusing it?

Is this still the same site that recently had a redirect to your live site?
    There could be also a setting in that database that is picked up and possibly causing the install to attempt to access the actual live database?
    Possible that in the process of making that site live that portions of the following link were not followed? (See "step" 6): https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...fferent-server
    Yes it is. And yes it is 1.5.0. and yes, that "initial" cloned DB was created while the store was on another server too (which is why, in the very beginning, it didn't even have the correct DB name and such). Going to follow that link.

Plugin Contributions

On the very first step to use that tool, it says "* 1. Make sure the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE setting is correct in your /includes/configure.php file." One thing i had noticed as a difference between the configure.php file from my "storetest" and my "challengemehq" (aside from the URL and DB info that WAS edited) was that there was no information for that cache line. Currently, it reads like this:

Code:
    /**
     * Advanced use only:
     * The following are OPTIONAL, and should NOT be set unless you intend to change their normal use. Most sites will leave these untouched.
     * To use them, uncomment AND add a proper defined value to them.
     */
    // define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE' ...
    // define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD' ...
    // define('DIR_FS_LOGS' ...
    While the existing "storetest" file (the copy i saved aside from it) reads this:
    Code:
      // The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
      // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from:  none, database, or file
      // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache 
      // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
      // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache   -- leave no trailing slash  
      define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'database'); 
      define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/creat419/public_html/creationcassel.com/storetest/cache');
    So, when the instructions to use the Fix cahe key says to make sure the setting is correct, should i add those lines "back"? It is obviously NOT correct NOW in the active configure.php file since it is NOT THERE.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast