Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help to do an upgrade from 1.5.0 to 1.5.5

ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. That is what I was looking for.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    Thanks. That is what I was looking for.

Well, found it using "zen cart attributes download" as my search criteria in my preferred search engine. :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Well, found it using "zen cart attributes download" as my search criteria in my preferred search engine. :)
    I was searching with the wrong keywords! Thanks.

Now, I added the product, added the file in my download folder (I only sell downloadable zip files). Someone purchased it but there is no download for her.

I rechecked, and it still shows as a valid file (green dot).

I started from scratch and deleted that "association" with the product/download. When adding the same file association, I get a message on top that "Warning: No file uploaded.", but it still also says "
    Filename: cass-CrochetLaceTubes2.zip Days: 7 Max: 5
    with a green dot.

What am I missing?

Plugin Contributions

I was searching with the wrong keywords! Thanks.

Now, I added the product, added the file in my download folder (I only sell downloadable zip files). Someone purchased it but there is no download for her.

I rechecked, and it still shows as a valid file (green dot).

I started from scratch and deleted that "association" with the product/download. When adding the same file association, I get a message on top that "Warning: No file uploaded.", but it still also says "
    Filename: cass-CrochetLaceTubes2.zip Days: 7 Max: 5
    with a green dot.

What am I missing?
    What's the order status of the particular order? What are the settings for configuration->attribute settings? What is the permissions of the pub folder?

Ahem, how well did it work when you tried it before making it available to a customer? Eh?

You say, not available for download, what message(s) are displayed? After purchase what is seen/offered?

It's great if you do/still have the green dot for all things download, it's the downstram processing that may still need to be addressed.

Plugin Contributions

What's the order status of the particular order?
    Delivered

What are the settings for configuration->attribute settings?
    Enable Downloads > true
    Download by redirect > true
    Download by streaming > false
    Number of days > 7
    Number of downloads > 5

What is the permissions of the pub folder?

Ahem, how well did it work when you tried it before making it available to a customer? Eh?
    I didn't test it because I didn't expect anything different to happen since the testing that was made before, obviously using already available products.

You say, not available for download, what message(s) are displayed?
    Typically, in the copy of invoice that I get, there is "Download 1 zip file 1" under each product name (even other invoices of today, for other products than the one I added today), but for today's product, there is NOTHING. And the customer said there was no download link in the store either. Since it is not a free product, I can't test it as it is obviously not allowing me to make a purchase with my own Paypal account.

It's great if you do/still have the green dot for all things download, it's the downstram processing that may still need to be addressed.
    I have no clue what it is (other than the setting in the Attributes). Should it be enabled?

Plugin Contributions

Delivered

Enable Downloads > true
    Download by redirect > true
    Download by streaming > false
    Number of days > 7
    Number of downloads > 5

I didn't test it because I didn't expect anything different to happen since the testing that was made before, obviously using already available products.

Typically, in the copy of invoice that I get, there is "Download 1 zip file 1" under each product name (even other invoices of today, for other products than the one I added today), but for today's product, there is NOTHING. And the customer said there was no download link in the store either. Since it is not a free product, I can't test it as it is obviously not allowing me to make a purchase with my own Paypal account.

I have no clue what it is (other than the setting in the Attributes). Should it be enabled?
    So you're saying that there is no issue with other downloadable product being purchased (since this upgrade), but this new product that has been since added (or at least an option has been added for download) that this one particular product is having an issue.

Last time someone said thay were having an issue like that, there were two option values: one to download and one to not download or something like that. Anyways, the file was associated with the wrong option value.

All of this basically being covered/controlled by the attributes controller.

Plugin Contributions

So you're saying that there is no issue with other downloadable product being purchased (since this upgrade), but this new product that has been since added (or at least an option has been added for download) that this one particular product is having an issue.

Last time someone said thay were having an issue like that, there were two option values: one to download and one to not download or something like that. Anyways, the file was associated with the wrong option value.

All of this basically being covered/controlled by the attributes controller.
    Exactly. I had several other purchases made of older products, and everything is working as it should and displaying the invoice as expected.
    I even made another test purchase after this happened, using a free product that was already in the store.
    I got the invoice with the typical "Download 1 zip file 1" under the product name.
    There is a download link in my account for it.
    The download link is valid.

This new product is also displaying properly in the store itself:
    http://creationcassel.com/store/inde...roducts_id=544

Anyways, the file was associated with the wrong option value.
    I am trying to "test" but since I can't do it through a full purchase, where else would I need to look to see anything "wrong"?

Plugin Contributions

Exactly. I had several other purchases made of older products, and everything is working as it should and displaying the invoice as expected.
    I even made another test purchase after this happened, using a free product that was already in the store.
    I got the invoice with the typical "Download 1 zip file 1" under the product name.
    There is a download link in my account for it.
    The download link is valid.

This new product is also displaying properly in the store itself:
    http://creationcassel.com/store/inde...roducts_id=544

I am trying to "test" but since I can't do it through a full purchase, where else would I need to look to see anything "wrong"?
    Let's see. One of what 5 demo sites all set up/upgraded. None of which *must* use PayPal, but could instead use check/money order with a default status that would reflect "full" payment (in a testing environment yes? Your the only one that can access/purchase from there, so what harm?

As said in the last paragraph, a download attribute is controlled/associated to a product and it's option value(s) through the attributes controller found either by clicking on the little 'a' on the row of the product when looking at the categories list or by going to catalog->attributes controller and then navigating to the product. Or... or... or...

Plugin Contributions

Let's see. One of what 5 demo sites all set up/upgraded. None of which *must* use PayPal, but could instead use check/money order with a default status that would reflect "full" payment (in a testing environment yes? Your the only one that can access/purchase from there, so what harm?

As said in the last paragraph, a download attribute is controlled/associated to a product and it's option value(s) through the attributes controller found either by clicking on the little 'a' on the row of the product when looking at the categories list or by going to catalog->attributes controller and then navigating to the product. Or... or... or...
    Thanks. I guess by tweaking those attributes, I must have set it correctly (without knowing exactly what I was doing) because another order for that one product just came in and it has the typical "Download 1 zip file 1" mention in the invoice.

I also had made a purchase on the test store with a money order mode of payment (I had never thought of that, thanks for that idea). And it works fine too.

I guess I'll monitor future sales of that product.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast