Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Store Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    But, it seemed from the previous discussion and the image provided that there was an issue with one or both "local" options being displayed and more so that a cost was associated with in-store pickup. How was that resolved? What was incorrectly set to not only display both options, but to charge the same fee?
    I set both with same fee. Then I discovered I could turn off Local Delivery since my Local Delivery would be USPS. There are some stores that would need both. Most stores would not need to set a fee for Walk in pickup. I need to due to my product price is set by manufacture. As time has gone by I have some extra cost in product so need to be able to offset without raising selling cost.

Plugin Contributions

But, it seemed from the previous discussion and the image provided that there was an issue with one or both "local" options being displayed and more so that a cost was associated with in-store pickup. How was that resolved? What was incorrectly set to not only display both options, but to charge the same fee?
    I have been using this mod for a few years now.

My Store Pickup module has the 'shipping cost' set to '0.00' whereby I am charging $2.00 for a local delivery (to cover petrol cost but not my time) so in the Local Delivery module the shipping cost is set to 2.00.

Cheers / Frank

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by EZorb View Post
    Hey Frank,

Works beautiful exactly as I needed.

Larry
    That's good to hear Larry - thank you.

Plugin Contributions

I set both with same fee. Then I discovered I could turn off Local Delivery since my Local Delivery would be USPS. There are some stores that would need both. Most stores would not need to set a fee for Walk in pickup. I need to due to my product price is set by manufacture. As time has gone by I have some extra cost in product so need to be able to offset without raising selling cost.
    Let's see if the third time of asking gets an answer:
    So what was done to only display options applicable to the zipcode to which the product is to be "delivered"?

In the problem statement some 6 posts back, it was identified that a list of zip-codes was entered, each separated by a comma, none by a space. From above, both modules were active (delivery and in-store pickup), a fee was applied to both of those modules. Yet, when the delivery address was entered and that delivery address' zipcode didn't match one from the list, both options appeared...

The next post was that that problem went away but both delivery options were still active... so.... what was done to prevent one or both of the "delivery" options not be listed between those two posts?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

.....Can I turn off Local Delivery? I will try it and see.
    Simply turn Enable Local Delivery to False or uninstall the module Local Delivery. No effect on anything else.

Plugin Contributions

Ran out of time to capture the below in short (so a more ‎thoughtful post was written)

Bottom line is this. A problem was identified, and then indicated as solved. No explanation provided on how it was resolved or what caused the issue in the first place.##

I can think of three different reasons to offer an explanation.
    One, if you run across the issue again you can refer back to the thread as having initiated it and reread what you did to solve it.
    Two, someone else that has a similar desire to do a similar thing comes across the thread and puts themselves in the same situation is able to resolve it.
    Three, there might be something in the issue and resolution that would help frank make the instructions or configuration notes easier to prevent the same problem from occurring.

Remember the forum is a public place and a community. From yet another perspective, how many times have you searched for the solution to an issue and found a similar post where the problem was just fixed but not explained? Please support the community in addressing the issues about which you post or have knowlege in resolving. ‎
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hey Ezorb, this may be a good point to take that part of the discussion to the plugin's support thread (helps you and others), and then of course could reference the discussion from here. Thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...PDP%29-Support
    I am sorry I thought we were passed that. There was not really a problem. As I said the image was the review page not on the checkout page. It is shown on the review page but when you click on Checkout the two services are not offered unless the zip codes are a match in the shipping address.

What about it Frank should the review page only show the two services if zip codes match?

Plugin Contributions

Let's see if the third time of asking gets an answer:
    So what was done to only display options applicable to the zipcode to which the product is to be "delivered"?

In the problem statement some 6 posts back, it was identified that a list of zip-codes was entered, each separated by a comma, none by a space. From above, both modules were active (delivery and in-store pickup), a fee was applied to both of those modules. Yet, when the delivery address was entered and that delivery address' zipcode didn't match one from the list, both options appeared...

The next post was that that problem went away but both delivery options were still active... so.... what was done to prevent one or both of the "delivery" options not be listed between those two posts?
    See post #27

Plugin Contributions

Ran out of time to capture the below in short (so a more ‎thoughtful post was written)

Bottom line is this. A problem was identified, and then indicated as solved. No explanation provided on how it was resolved or what caused the issue in the first place.##

I can think of three different reasons to offer an explanation.
    One, if you run across the issue again you can refer back to the thread as having initiated it and reread what you did to solve it.
    Two, someone else that has a similar desire to do a similar thing comes across the thread and puts themselves in the same situation is able to resolve it.
    Three, there might be something in the issue and resolution that would help frank make the instructions or configuration notes easier to prevent the same problem from occurring.

Remember the forum is a public place and a community. From yet another perspective, how many times have you searched for the solution to an issue and found a similar post where the problem was just fixed but not explained? Please support the community in addressing the issues about which you post or have knowlege in resolving. ‎
    See Post #27

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    LOL , of course no one would charge a 'shipping cost' when the customer picks up his/her own stuff...
    That what you would think but I need to add a fee due to my product price is set by manufacture. As time has gone by I have some extra cost in product so need to be able to offset because I can't raise the selling price.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast