Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Store Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    LOL, no it doesn't allow a zero payment!

BTW, even though the plugin also contains the shipping module "Local Delivery", it does not have to be activeted in the admin for Store Pickup by postcode to work. Both shipping modules work independently of each other or they can be used together.

I constructed that plugin to cater for a myriad of scenarios, no matter if you want to allow local pickup only or if you do local delivery to customers for all products, no matter if some products are marked as local pickup only or not. The main criterium for each of the modules to show up at checkout (or not) is the match between customer chosen delivery address and a set (range of) postcode(s).

If you as a customer live per say in postcode 998877 and postcode 998877 is not set in the admin then the module will not show (or the modules Local Delivery and/or Store Pickup won't show).

Pretty simple.
    I had what I thought was a good response some 8 hours ago, but I'm wondering if my meaning was lost with my use of 0 cost or if it is expected that an instore pickup condition requires a "shipping fee". The explanation of the plugin certainly is/was worth it, but I would aver that in the focus of the issue of in store pickup by zipcode that the plugin *does* support the ability of no additional shipping cost being added when presenting a store pickup option. But... the interesting thing/result discussed is if the product has become free, is local and is desired to be picked up, that to me seems as much of a no-cost condition as nearly possible which has me now wondering what the interpretation of my statement of addressing a 0 payment meant? :)

To me it meant that there would be no additional cost added to the sale by selecting some provided shipping option (could be named anything, but as long as it functioned as needed then it works. :)) that would not be auto-selected as the "cheapest" option. (ie worked like an instore pickup option. :))
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I had what I thought was a good response some 8 hours ago, but I'm wondering if my meaning was lost with my use of 0 cost or if it is expected that an instore pickup condition requires a "shipping fee". The explanation of the plugin certainly is/was worth it, but I would aver that in the focus of the issue of in store pickup by zipcode that the plugin *does* support the ability of no additional shipping cost being added when presenting a store pickup option. But... the interesting thing/result discussed is if the product has become free, is local and is desired to be picked up, that to me seems as much of a no-cost condition as nearly possible which has me now wondering what the interpretation of my statement of addressing a 0 payment meant? :)

To me it meant that there would be no additional cost added to the sale by selecting some provided shipping option (could be named anything, but as long as it functioned as needed then it works. :)) that would not be auto-selected as the "cheapest" option. (ie worked like an instore pickup option. :))
    LOL , of course no one would charge a 'shipping cost' when the customer picks up his/her own stuff...

Plugin Contributions

LOL, no it doesn't allow a zero payment!

BTW, even though the plugin also contains the shipping module "Local Delivery", it does not have to be activeted in the admin for Store Pickup by postcode to work. Both shipping modules work independently of each other or they can be used together.

I constructed that plugin to cater for a myriad of scenarios, no matter if you want to allow local pickup only or if you do local delivery to customers for all products, no matter if some products are marked as local pickup only or not. The main criterium for each of the modules to show up at checkout (or not) is the match between customer chosen delivery address and a set (range of) postcode(s).

If you as a customer live per say in postcode 998877 and postcode 998877 is not set in the admin then the module will not show (or the modules Local Delivery and/or Store Pickup won't show).

Pretty simple.
    Thanks frank I will check it out.
    That still does not answer why My Store Pickup (ZipShip) stopped working. As I said it has been working fine since 2004 and after I installed 155e until I turned it off then back on.

Plugin Contributions

Try this module: Product Delivery by Postcode (PDP): https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=170

Works on ZC 1.5.5e btw
    Something not working correctly if I understood the ReadMe.
    I have entered 79701,79703,79704,79705,79706,79707,79713,79714,79720,79739,79741,79756,79759,79 761,79762,79763,79764,79765,79766,79776,79777,79778,79782 these zipcodes as good for pickup.
    As you can see in the image the zip does not match the zip in shipping address and both Local Delivery and Store Pickup are show as shipping choices.
    Name:  PDP_Capture.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  41.5 KB

Also I don't have a local delivery service. Just Local Pickup. Have I done something wrong on install? I have no error in log file.

Plugin Contributions

Hey Ezorb, this may be a good point to take that part of the discussion to the plugin's support thread (helps you and others), and then of course could reference the discussion from here. Thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...PDP%29-Support

Plugin Contributions

There is no problem I did not go to the "CheckOut page.
    Please ignore all except "Also I don't have a local delivery service. Just Local Pickup." Can I turn off Local Delivery? I will try it and see.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by EZorb View Post
    Please ignore all except "Also I don't have a local delivery service. Just Local Pickup." Can I turn off Local Delivery? I will try it and see.
    How did you resolve the other part of the issue?

Plugin Contributions

Hey Frank,

Works beautiful exactly as I needed.

Larry

Plugin Contributions

I set Local Delivery to False.
    What made me think it was not working after adding product and scrolling down on review page both options were offered as you can see in image.
    This is a great plugin a lot of thought was put into the design.
    What makes this better than what I was using is that a person can be in the zip code area but can still have it shipped or can select Pickup.
    Last edited by EZorb; 27 Aug 2017 at 01:06 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by EZorb View Post
    I set Local Delivery to False.
    What made me think it was not working after adding product and scrolling down on review page both options were offered as you can see in image.
    This is a great plugin a lot of thought was put into the design.
    But, it seemed from the previous discussion and the image provided that there was an issue with one or both "local" options being displayed and more so that a cost was associated with in-store pickup. How was that resolved? What was incorrectly set to not only display both options, but to charge the same fee?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast