Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products Review Reminder [Support Thread]

Has there been a "revised" version of this mod? I would like to install it but reading through this thread, I am not sure if it works if installed as is.

Plugin Contributions

Still no update on this plugin?

Plugin Contributions

I just found this plug-in and really like it - except for the bugs that have been noted above. I did get it to work fully for my site by making some adjustments. Because our catalog is in a sub-folder /store/ from the root, i had to add that in a couple places. My style is definitely not 'Grade A' php coding, but it works.

File /admin/addon_review_reminder.php
    1. Line 176: Added /store to: $template_images_folder = HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . '/store/' . DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . $template_dir . '/images/
    2. Line 560: Added /store to: $review_page_link = HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . '/store/index.php?main_page=addon_my_reviews&pid=' . $rec->fields['products_id'];
    3. Line 554: change ‘width=460’ to ‘width = 95%’ --- the entire email formatted better on my particular theme styling.

Also, i added a section to allow the customers to link to Google, FB and Trustpilot reviews from the same email. In /email/email_template_addon-review-reminder.html, around line 43, just after the </tr> for the 'check our your reviews...' table row, i added

Code:
    <!-- BOF Company Review Links Added March 2021 -->		
    		<tr>
    			<td>
    				<div style="line-height:15px;font-size:15px"> &nbsp; </div>
    				<div style="font-size:18px;color:#e47911;font-family:arial,helvetica,verdana,sans-serif">
    					Review YOUR COMPANY.
    				</div>
    			</td>
    		</tr>
    		<tr>
    			<td>
    				<div style="line-height:15px; font-size:7px"> &nbsp; </div>
    				<div style="font-size:14px; color:#333333; margin-right:37px; text-decoration:none; font-family:arial,helvetica,verdana,sans-serif;">
    					Leave a <a href="https://www.trustpilot.com/review/MODIFY URL HERE" style="text-decoration:none; color:124c90; font-size:14px;" target="_blank">TrustPilot</a> review.
    				</div>
    				<div style="font-size:14px; color:#333333; margin-right:37px; text-decoration:none; font-family:arial,helvetica,verdana,sans-serif;">
    					Leave a <a href="https://www.google.com/MODIFY URL HERE" style="text-decoration:none; color:124c90; font-size:14px;" target="_blank">Google</a> review.
    				</div>
    					Leave a <a href="https://www.facebook.com/MODIFY URL HERE" style="text-decoration:none; color:124c90; font-size:14px;" target="_blank">Facebook</a> review.
    				</div>
    			</td>
    		</tr>		
    <!-- EOF Company Review Links March 2021 -->
    Again, i know that pure coders will not add so much raw text, but build it into the /english/ definitions files, so there's of room for someone to improve on this.

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by apollowilcox; 11 Mar 2021 at 10:09 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by apollowilcox View Post
    I just found this plug-in and really like it - except for the bugs that have been noted above. I did get it to work fully for my site by making some adjustments. Because our catalog is in a sub-folder /store/ from the root, i had to add that in a couple places. My style is definitely not 'Grade A' php coding, but it works.
    I'm interested in the TrustPilot additions. TrustPilot is telling my client that they need the sale info, delivered either in a BCC email or using JSON. Do you have that in place so that they are automatically receiving the data from your cart?
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    I'm interested in the TrustPilot additions. TrustPilot is telling my client that they need the sale info, delivered either in a BCC email or using JSON. Do you have that in place so that they are automatically receiving the data from your cart?
    The link we provide customers is the link to our Trustpilot page, which offers the user the opportunity to add a review (https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.apollocaster.com).

Plugin Contributions

thanks!
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

This plugin is an orphan - if some kind person would be willing to adopt it and give it a refresh, that would be great.

ROOKIE DEVELOPERS: this is an opportunity for you to build some skills that will make you money.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345