Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Products Review Reminder [Support Thread]

Hello,

My shop is installed in a subfolder, so to make this plugin works it needs some adjustments
    I have made it work but there is still one thing i cant find
    Where can i change the link of the images in the email?
    Now it is linked to includes/templates/my-template/images/rating_star.png but it needs to link at the subfolder shop/includes/templates/my-template/images/rating_star.png and i cant find it where to change this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mail.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	18190

One more thing, are the emails send automatically at the set time to the clients or do i need to send this manually from admin?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by KGL Racing View Post
    Hello,

My shop is installed in a subfolder, so to make this plugin works it needs some adjustments
    Now it is linked to includes/templates/my-template/images/rating_star.png but it needs to link at the subfolder shop/includes/templates/my-template/images/rating_star.png and i cant find it where to change this

Name:	mail.jpg 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	18190

One more thing, are the emails send automatically at the set time to the clients or do i need to send this manually from admin?

Thanks
    What has been done (or needed) to "make it work" to support an install to a sub-dorectory?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

In several files you will find this code, so here i added /shop to make it work

define('EMAIL_REMINDER_SUBJECT',', how would you rate your recent order at ' . STORE_NAME . '?');
    define('EMAIL_REMINDER_ITEM_TITLE', 'How did this item meet your expectations?');
    define('EMAIL_REMINDER_ITEMS_TITLE','How did those items meet your expectations?');
    define('EMAIL_REMINDER_START_RATING','Start by rating it');

define('EMAIL_REMINDER_REVIEW_PURCHASES_TITLE','Review your purchases');
    define('EMAIL_REMINDER_REVIEW_PURCHASES_DESCRIPTION','Check out <a href="' . HTTPS_SERVER . '/shop/index.php?main_page=addon_my_reviews">' . HTTPS_SERVER . '/shop/index.php?main_page=addon_my_reviews</a> to find past purchases to review.');

Just found an other problem
    My site is set to full https in the config file

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://kglracing.com');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://kglracing.com');

When i click the link start by rating it in the Review your purchases email it gets me to the http page instead of the https, what brakes the link and make it land on the account page instead of the review page.
    So where can i change this also?

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately neither is really right.

Ideally the define would be used in an sprintf function call where the link would be generated using zen_href_link called to ensure not to add the session id. But if going to edit just this area of code, then it should include the applicable DIR_WS_CATALOG like constant as well. Generally speaking that would be like this:
    Code:
    define('EMAIL_REMINDER_REVIEW_PURCHASES_DESCRIPTION','Check out <a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'index.php?main_page=addon_my_reviews">' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'index.php?main_page=addon_my_reviews</a> to find past purchases to review.');
    As to landing on the account page, likely because to provide a review, the individual needs to be logged in to provide a review. Otherwise any bot could rate the product and you'd have to go through and weed things out.

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Unfortunately neither is really right.

Ideally the define would be used in an sprintf function call where the link would be generated using zen_href_link called to ensure not to add the session id. But if going to edit just this area of code, then it should include the applicable DIR_WS_CATALOG like constant as well. Generally speaking that would be like this:
    Code:
    define('EMAIL_REMINDER_REVIEW_PURCHASES_DESCRIPTION','Check out <a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'index.php?main_page=addon_my_reviews">' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'index.php?main_page=addon_my_reviews</a> to find past purchases to review.');
    As to landing on the account page, likely because to provide a review, the individual needs to be logged in to provide a review. Otherwise any bot could rate the product and you'd have to go through and weed things out.
    Just found it to get the link working in HTTPS

In the admin/addon_review_reminder.php
    line 560 change this HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER to HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER

and the link opens in https

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by KGL Racing View Post
    Just found it to get the link working in HTTPS

In the admin/addon_review_reminder.php
    line 560 change this HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER to HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER

and the link opens in https
    Sure, but if your site with SSL were setup using: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...alled-zen-cart then the two would be the same and there would not be a discrepancy like described. For other readers, note that HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER and HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER are both admin side defines.

Plugin Contributions

Ok so, I have checked all of the files in this plug in and there appears to be some lines missing in the includes/languages/english/addon_review_reminder.php

It does not define the location of the website, product image, or the rating star pictures. So when the email arrives it looks like this:

Name:	emailpics.PNG 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	18247

And if they attempt to click on the image areas as previously circled above it leads to a page not found error as there is no zen_href_link generated and nothing to define the images. I hope what I just said makes sense.

The file where the problem lies is here:

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * @package addon_review_reminder
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2017 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: addon_my_reviews.php 2017-07-12 08:00 v.1.0 $
     * @author Will Vasconcelos [email protected] $
     */
    	define('EMAIL_REMINDER_SUBJECT',', how would you rate your recent order at ' . STORE_NAME . '?');
    	define('EMAIL_REMINDER_ITEM_TITLE', 'How did this item meet your expectations?');
    	define('EMAIL_REMINDER_ITEMS_TITLE','How did those items meet your expectations?');
    	define('EMAIL_REMINDER_START_RATING','Start by rating it');

somthing is missing in this area: the links and images are not defined in the email

define('EMAIL_REMINDER_REVIEW_PURCHASES_TITLE','Review your purchases');
    	define('EMAIL_REMINDER_REVIEW_PURCHASES_DESCRIPTION','Check out <a href="' . HTTPS_SERVER . '/index.php?main_page=addon_my_reviews">' . HTTPS_SERVER . '/index.php?main_page=addon_my_reviews</a> to find past purchases to review.');

define('EMAIL_REMINDER_DISCLAIMER','We hope you found this message to be useful. If you would rather not receive future e-mails of this sort from <a href="' . HTTPS_SERVER . '/">' . HTTPS_SERVER . '</a>, please opt-out <a href="' . HTTPS_SERVER . '/index.php?main_page=addon_reviews_reminder_optout&e=%s">here</a>.');

// standard email disclaimers
    	define('EMAIL_DISCLAIMER', 'This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to %s ');
    	define('EMAIL_SPAM_DISCLAIMER','This email is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect 01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored and respected.');
    	define('EMAIL_FOOTER_COPYRIGHT','Copyright (c) ' . date('Y') . ' <a href="' . HTTPS_SERVER . '" target="_blank">' . HTTPS_SERVER . '</a>.'."\n" . STORE_NAME_ADDRESS . "\n" . STORE_TELEPHONE_CUSTSERVICE . "\n" . 'Powered by <a href="' . HTTPS_SERVER . '" target="_blank">' . STORE_NAME . '</a>');

// email advisory for all emails customer generate
    	define('EMAIL_ADVISORY', '-----' . "\n" . '<strong>IMPORTANT:</strong> For your protection and to prevent malicious use, all emails sent via this web site are logged and the contents recorded and available to the store owner. If you feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . "\n\n");

Plugin Contributions

Building links like this:

'<a href="' . HTTPS_SERVER . '/index.php?main_page=addon_my_reviews">' ...

is wrong because it doesn't account for a subdirectory. Using zen_href_link solves this problem.

'<a href="' . zen_href_link('addon_my_reviews', '','NONSSL') . '">' ....
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

The concept of this plug-in is great, however there are some flaws which need to be worked out in the connection between the actual email the customer receives and the addon_my_reviews.php (that is just my non-technical deduction after trying to make it work), I think there needs to be some more testing done, and with a few tweeks it will be even better. I look forward to the future outcome of this.

Plugin Contributions

Got PHP error for higher PHP,such as PHP 7.3.7.2,but there is no such error for PHP 7.0,anyone know how to fix this?
    addon_review_reminder.php,
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant IMAGE_REMOVE - assumed 'IMAGE_REMOVE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/adm/addon_review_reminder.php on line 421.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast