Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Could not verify the Admin Credentials you provided - upgrading 1.3.9 to 1.5.5e

Quote Originally Posted by texasemt View Post
    Now that I dont know how to do... any direction?

I am the only person who had built/updated the site, and I dont remember if this was a clean install or if I upgraded to 1.3.9. It was many years ago.
    K... So like the upgrade notes indicate, the upgrader is far more capable of handling a number of individual situations, but it would seem that there is a discrepancy between the database and what is expected... It is almost as if the 1.3.8->1.3.9 database upgrade should be done/redone then and perhaps the upgrader will be able to handle the rest..

Maybe confirmation of my "doubts" are/could be verified?

The fun in doing the manual version of the upgrade step is in generating a sql script with the table prefix applied at all lines in a "rapid" manner. Doesn't look too difficult to do in a pragmatic manner, just have to "see" the pattern and do the replacement then apply each command one at a time to make it easier to identify when a problem occurs so that can either fix or just apply the next line.

Install/upgrade scripts are found in zc_admin/sql/updates
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Could not verify the Admin Credentials you provided - upgrading 1.3.9 to 1.5.5e

Quote Originally Posted by texasemt View Post
    When I try to log into the admin side, it wont let me and gives me this error message:
    Right.

See, in a ZC 1.5.x scenario, after entering/importing the previously discussed/applied Admin user profile creation and then attempting to access the Admin user (for example if the password were incorrectly entered), if you were then to look in phpmyadmin at the admin's password, it would not resemble what was previously applied/given. Above though, the admin entry has remained the same it would seem... That's because we're looking at a 1.3.x database as "accessed" by 1.5.x code...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Right.

See, in a ZC 1.5.x scenario, after entering/importing the previously discussed/applied Admin user profile creation and then attempting to access the Admin user (for example if the password were incorrectly entered), if you were then to look in phpmyadmin at the admin's password, it would not resemble what was previously applied/given. Above though, the admin entry has remained the same it would seem... That's because we're looking at a 1.3.x database as "accessed" by 1.5.x code...
    Reminds me to point out the value of doing incremental upgrades as they're released, instead of waiting years. ;)
    (Yes, I know some clients can't understand the value of it, because they can't "see" it. But, it does save a lot of headaches.)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Was offered the opportunity to look into this directly.

Couple of issues were identified: The DB_PREFIX of the admin did not match the DB_PREFIX of the fileset representing the main store. There is/was a "temporary" site setup that had no prefix, but the live site did (at one point). As a result when attempting to do the database upgrade, the installer would not succeed or if it was modified that it would not identify a version of ZC from which to upgrade.

Then once this was resolved, the installer identified that the database was still on version 1.3.8 (formal zc_install style upgrade apparently had not been previously performed to bring the database to a recognized 1.3.9 status).

The database was then able to be updated; however, there remain other issues to be corrected as a result of additional action that was taken to the original test database/build that needed to be performed against the upgraded database. Generally speaking though the core database has now been upgraded, though it was not converted (plugin: db2utf8, though I think the last time I tried using it I had to modify something to support a database with a prefix which likely should be addressed in the associated thread), which is a suggestion for texasemt.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for all the assistance!!! I truly appreciate it!
    Mark
    Store: www.texasdirectsales.com
    Main Website: www.texasemt.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    So, you have the v1.5.5 version of zc_install on the server, and you CAN login to the admin, but the same password is not accepted by zc_install?

That's typically caused by the DB_PREFIX being set to something in the admin configure.php that's not the same as the non-admin configure.php.

It could also be a PHP version challenge. You didn't mention your PHP version.
    mgsgift.com
    Linux
    PHP 7.0.33 (no recent changes)
    My SQL 5.6.43 (no recent changes)
    Upgrading from 1.5.0 to 1.5.6b

I have been having the same problems as mentioned above. Stock on zc_install upgrade 1.5.0 to 1.5.6b at admin credentials page. I have read through all related forum notes about similar problems. Nothing I tried worked so far. Yes my password has a pound "#" sign in it. I have added another super user (Admin/admin) by running the query at: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44 which didn't work for me. My host support also recommended to try Admin/Admin . no luck with that either.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	admin_reset.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	18489

Name:	admin_profile.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	18490
    Dr Byte's input here raised a concern and I am now comparing 2 versions of configure.php. It seems like admin version has a zen_ prefix where same area is blank on live store configure.php. I have not tried changing that yet. Charset alos seems to be diffrent. Could those be the reason?

Name:	configuresboth.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	18488

Maybe different than what others were trying to do: I am trying to UPGRADE a 1.5.0 MySQL database (Dr Byte) backup ON A FRESH INSTALL OF 1.5.6b.
    The database I am trying to upgrade is mgs10000_zc2. (Fresh 1.5.6b runs on a fresh and yet empty database mgs10000_zc1 with no products customers etc- I have no problems to login to that admin panel). The old database zc2 has a lot of tables, thousands of products and a lot of customers/orders on it. I have updated both store and admin configure.php s to the mgs10000_zc2 credentials and run zc_install. Everything went well until admin credentials were requested. I am 100% sure what they are as I was able to login with them past 90 days including this morning (yes I have # in my password). I don't know anything else to do from now except build the whole site from ground up.

My next course of action is to wipe off everything (my 1.5.0 store with unfinished 1.5.6b upgrade on it) and upload my 1.5.0 home directory files from my backup and set configure.php files to run on my 1.5.0 database (mgs10000_zc2) where I have my customers, orders and catalog etc. . One thing I am quite certain about is that my 1.5.0 database backup would certainly work properly on zencart 1.5.0. I will reset password to a clean string (just letters and numbers), get a new sql backup both through Dr. Byte's backup and cpanel export with no hassle password on it. Then make a copy of my live store to test folder and try to upgrade to 1.5.6b there and see if that works this way. Take my note and apply the same process to live store.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Please do not post the same problem in more than one location. It makes it difficult for someone to keep up with all attempted and successful fixes.

Plugin Contributions

RESOLUTION!

Turns out we had different versions of configure.php files (most probably forgotten during a 1.3.9 to 1.5.0 upgrade) with un-matching database prefixes and charsets. ('zen_' vs blank and "utf8" vs utf8mb4)

Admin/includes/configure.php
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_'); WAS BLANK in store copy (NOW 'zen_' )
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); WAS "utf8mb4" in store copy (NOW 'utf8')
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'mgs10000_zc2');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'mgs10000_zc2');

On a side note: resetting admin credentials to Admin/admin never worked for me. I was able to login with my old username and password although there was a pound sign "#" in it. I have deleted Admin/admin account now.

Thank you for all your contributions.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234