Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrading v155 ti 156 - stuck on "Admin Credentials"

ZC 155, testing update to 156, PHP 7.2, O/S platform is BSD. All worked smoothly, until reaching the "Database Upgrade" page:

Upon entering the (correct) password, the page always responds with:

I have also changed the password in phpAdmin - same result. I have many times done the password re-set in phpAdmin (the shop owners are legendary for misplacing/forgetting their Admin password), but this problem is definitely something else.

Of couse I also checked the logs after clicking the "Continue" button in screenshot 1, but all I found was:

"[22-Jan-2019 18:10:23 Europe/Zurich] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/triumphw/public_html/shop/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 276".

Anyone coming forward with a constructive idea would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading v155 ti 156 - stuck on "Admin Credentials"

Observations:

1. 90% of the time when this "wrong password" thing happens it's because they're using the wrong password or if they did a manual reset then they did it in the wrong database (ie: not in the "copy of the db being used for the upgrade), or in the right database but wrong table (ie: wrong prefix).

2. The "each() is deprecated" message happens when using PHP 7.2 with PHP code that's not built for 7.2 .... but since ZC 1.5.6 has been updated to not use each() then that suggests to me that you're not actually using the ZC 1.5.6 core code fully ... in this case your query_factory.php file. For example. your query_factory.php error message said it ran into a call to each() on line 276 ... but in v1.5.6 that line reads:
    $obj->fields = array_replace($obj->fields, $zp_result_array);
    ... which doesn't contain "each()".

So that tells me that while your zc_install may show v1.5.6, your /includes and/or admin/includes PHP code is not yet updated.

The password code between v155 and v156 versions is unchanged.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello. I have the same problem of Admin Credential keep rejecting me when trying to upgrade from 1.5.5 to 1.5.6.

zcInstallLog_mm-dd-yyyy.log says, "Version detected in database_upgrade/header_php.php 1.5.5" although all files in zen_install folder are freshly downloaded from the zen-cart-v1.5.6a pack. I tried a manual reset of password against the right database (I can see values in the relevant tables change in phpMyAdmin) but still cannot log in. I have no prefix for db table name, and my includes/configure.php admin/includes/configure.php seem OK. Can you give me some advice? Thank you. My environment is PHP7.2 and MySQL 5.7.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having a similar issue which I'm not sure is the same. I'm working on an upgrade and am at the step of upgrading a copy of the live (v.1.5.5) database into the upgraded shop (v.1.5.6). I already tested the shop with a clean database (sample products, etc.) and want to next test with data copied from live store. When I tried to do the database upgrade I get the message:

There are some problems

Could not verify the Admin Credentials you provided.

To authorize the database upgrade, you must enter an admin username and password with SuperUser (ie: unrestricted) permissions in your store.
    I believe I am correct that I should be entering the SuperUser ID and password from the live store (data that I copied) since the test store is now looking at a copy of the live store database. I did verify that the same credentials successfully log me in as superuser on the live shop.

Not sure what else to try.
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

I've now tried it multiple times, double-checked the config files and verified that the passwords are the same in the live db as in the copy.

The only thing I can still try in order to get past this block is to do a manual insert in phpMyAdmin (like: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...admin-password)

Is there anything else that could be causing this message?
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Ok, adding a super user manually following https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...admin-password worked. Still don't understand why my real id and password didn't work but I guess it's water over the dam now.

Funnily enough, once the database upgrade was able to run and I deleted zc_install, I was able to log into admin with the same user and pw I had been trying with the upgrade to no avail. So, I'm pretty sure the user ID and password were actually correct.
    Last edited by earmsby; 28 Jan 2019 at 11:48 PM.
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Did the pre-existing password for your admin include "special" HTML characters: &"'<>?

Plugin Contributions

Yes! It has a ">" sign. That must have been the problem!
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Ellie, that confirmed my suspicions. It's similar to the issue (https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....69#post1344869) reported for the Encrypted Master Password plugin.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

@Ellie, just in case it's not obvious, do be sure to go and delete that extra admin user if it's no longer needed. You can do that from within your Admin panel (no need to go to phpMyAdmin).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast