Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal sale didn't charge shipping for ozpost

Hi Rod
    I've just received an order that was paid by Paypal. The order is $58.85 ($35 for the product + $23.85 for the shipping to the US). The PayPal activity report that I get on my iPhone just shows the Total for the order less the transaction fee. The Delivery fee is $0.00 whereas I would have expected it to be showing the $23.85. This has been the case for as long as I can remember.

I'm guessing that the PayPal module is not getting served properly with the shipping costs but have no idea whether that is down to OzPost or the payment section of ZenCart. I'm sure you will have a clear view, as usual. What might it be?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal sale didn't charge shipping for ozpost

Quote Originally Posted by lucidlee View Post
    Hi Rod
    I've just received an order that was paid by Paypal. The order is $58.85 ($35 for the product + $23.85 for the shipping to the US). The PayPal activity report that I get on my iPhone just shows the Total for the order less the transaction fee. The Delivery fee is $0.00 whereas I would have expected it to be showing the $23.85. This has been the case for as long as I can remember.

I'm guessing that the PayPal module is not getting served properly with the shipping costs but have no idea whether that is down to OzPost or the payment section of ZenCart. I'm sure you will have a clear view, as usual. What might it be?
    It wouldn't be the ozpost module doing this because other than supplying the quote/s when requested I really don't have much of a clue how zencart and/or the payment modules deal with the data/prices, they will just get mingled mangled or minced along with the quotes from any other shipping module.

Is it possible that you have set up free shipping for overseas?

Also, with your Express Checkout: Select Cheapest Shipping Automatically setting; if you have set this to 'yes' try setting to 'no' (This will cause paypal to return the customer back to the store to select a shipping method before continuing).

Can you replicate the problem?

Sorry I can't be more insightful.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal sale didn't charge shipping for ozpost

What version of ZC is involved? Seem to recall an issue with shipping charges in particular purchase arrangements not being applied correctly. It seemed to have to do with the sequence of loading classes in one of the header files. Can't seem to find it at the moment, but there were at least a couple of threads on the topic and it did not relate directly to the method of shipping.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...