Plugin Contributions

Default Weight & boxes not showing

I just noticed after an order has been placed that Weights & #Boxes do not show on Flat Rate & Store Pickup Shipping Modules orders. It's shown while placing an order. In config>Shipping/Packing have set to be shown.

When you process orders to print shipping labels on some USPS boxes weight is needed. On Flat Rate it is not needed.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

I am using this template now and noticed that no shipping weights are displayed using Fix Rate or Store Pickup and wondered if it had anything to do with this plugin. I have this posted under Configuring the Zen Cart Admin>>Built-in Shipping and Payment Modules and no replies yet.

Weights were displayed under the Green template.

Thanks,

Larry

Plugin Contributions

Im' pretty sure it's a feature.

If you are picking it up in the store or shipping for a flat rate of $5 per, why does the customer need to know the weight? Is store pickup liable to be something that requires a Ram truck vs a VW?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Im' pretty sure it's a feature.

If you are picking it up in the store or shipping for a flat rate of $5 per, why does the customer need to know the weight? Is store pickup liable to be something that requires a Ram truck vs a VW?
    When you sell Flat rate the seller still has to ship the product. When you go to the Order Page and no shipping weight shown it is a little difficult to guess weight or makes it slow to weight every order. If it is shown on order page then the shipping label program will import and print label same as USPS, FedEx, or UPS. I know the weight is calculated it is not shown on the Invoice or Order Page and used to be on 150 Green cart.

I don't use weight on Store pickup but there could be some products as you said would give customer information bring truck or would fit in VW.

Since the information is not shown on these two I would guess the other available shipping methods weight would not be shown.

Plugin Contributions

Flat rate should never be used if the seller is not fully aware of the shipping weight, cost, etc. It is saying, "I (the seller) fully know what it costs to ship this item and have set a flat rate that will cover that cost."

Of course, with ZC's open source, you can tweak it any way you desire. Showing weight on the packing slip should not be such a tremendous challenge IF you are willing to put in the proper weight for each item.

Keep in mind that we are now having to deal with "dimensional weight" as well.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Flat rate should never be used if the seller is not fully aware of the shipping weight, cost, etc. It is saying, "I (the seller) fully know what it costs to ship this item and have set a flat rate that will cover that cost."

Of course, with ZC's open source, you can tweak it any way you desire. Showing weight on the packing slip should not be such a tremendous challenge IF you are willing to put in the proper weight for each item.

Keep in mind that we are now having to deal with "dimensional weight" as well.
    Guess I am not asking the question correctly. I have been selling same product and shipping by USPS for many years now using ZenCart. When printing shipping labels the information was ported to shipping label.

Now after moving to 155e I have to manually calculate the total weight. Example customer buys 6 bottles that weigh .385 pounds and tare is .25. I have to manually calculate the total weight since 6 bottles won't fit in an USPS Flat Rate Envelope. Where as if the total weight was ported into shipping label program all choices are shown to select from.
    I am try to figure out how/why this total weight when using 150 got ported to shipping label and now on 155e it is not.

Larry

Plugin Contributions

I have found a fix for Weight & boxes not showing and not being able to select a zone you want it offered in.

Goto to Flat Rate shipping module and Remove it.
    Now install Zone shipping and rename to something like Best Shipping Rate. Then select the shipping zone(s) you want to be available in.
    Also Shipping boxes and weight will be displayed.