I am running v1.5.5e on a home server to try and build my store without wasting money by hosting somewhere. I have been trying to install Stock By Attributes plugin (v1.5.3) without any success. I have tried all three that are in the download section and they all do the same thing. Here's what I did.

1st Attempt: I copied and merged the admin and includes files into my zencart installation. When I refresh my admin or try to run stock_by_attr_install.php, I get a blank screen that will sit there and do nothing.

2nd Attempt: I restored my zencart to original by copying the admin and includes file from the orginal files, which fixed getting back admin. It also left stock_by_attr_install.php. When I go to my admin/stock_by_attr_install.php, I get a special screen which looks like I can install it by running a script. However, it too makes it so all I get is a blank screen again that will sit there.

3rd Attempt: I restore Zencart again, and then decided to try path the SQL database manually. I got a few commands to work, but most error out. I'm not sure what to do from here.

All this effort and I'm not even sure if it will solve the problem I'm trying to get done. I am building a model train store and I need attributes for scale, paint details, individual stock for each item, and a few more attributes that need to be linked to each other. I've tried doing this out of the box and cannot get it to function properly. It let me add the attributes to the product, but when it comes to selecting a product, it gets really screwy and lets me add the wrong scale to the wrong paint detail and it doesn't catch it. I've been trying to get this built since 2003 and have tried several e-commerce engines, and none of them lets me do it the way I want. I have kept coming back to Zencart hoping things have changed with the new versions. It would be so much easier if Stock By Attributes was already in the core install. Hopefully someone can help me figure it out. Thanks ahead of time.