Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attributes Issues

Quote Originally Posted by tedjmaines View Post
    I repeated this again with Chrome browser and zc157c. Ran install script. Displayed Admin page. NO MESSAGE ON SCROLL DOWN. No menu items. No error in log. Switched to FireFox and ran Full install. No Errors and works fine.
    Appears I did not provide proper instruction. If able/willing to try further, I would appreciate it as I haven't been able to reproduce the issue yet and I still don't think it is a browser issue. I do have in mind though a couple of different tests where the system is restored back to before running the install.

1) with "bare" system, files in place. Use a non chrome browser, execute install, what is the last content related to SBA on the screen when scrolling down the page.
    2) check for the menu items.
    3) if the menu items are not there (not sure which one(s) are sought), then execute the install again in this same browser. What is the last content related to SBA on the screen when scrolling down the page.
    4) check for the menus again.

Test two:
    1) with "bare" system, files in place. Use chrome browser, execute install, what is the last content related to SBA on the screen when scrolling down the page.
    3) if the menu items are not there (not sure which one(s) are sought), then execute the install again in this same browser. What is the last content related to SBA on the screen when scrolling down the page.

Test Three:

1) with "bare" system, files in place. Use a non-chrome browser, execute install, what is the last content related to SBA on the screen when scrolling down the page.
    3) if the menu items are not there (not sure which one(s) are sought), then execute the install again using chrome browser. What is the last content related to SBA on the screen when scrolling down the page.

Test Four:

1) with "bare" system, files in place. Use chrome browser, execute install, what is the last content related to SBA on the screen when scrolling down the page.
    2) execute the install again in this same browser. What is the last content related to SBA on the screen when scrolling down the page.
    3) check for the menus.

Test Five:

1) with "bare" system, files in place. Use a non-chrome browser, execute install, what is the last content related to SBA on the screen when scrolling down the page.
    2) execute the install again in this same browser. What is the last content related to SBA on the screen when scrolling down the page.
    3) check for the menus.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Appears I did not provide proper instruction. If able/willing to try further, I would appreciate it as I haven't been able to reproduce the issue yet and I still don't think it is a browser issue. I do have in mind though a couple of different tests where the system is restored back to before running the install.
    This is busy weekend for me but I will take the time next week and run the tests you suggest and post results.

Plugin Contributions

This is busy weekend for me but I will take the time next week and run the tests you suggest and post results.
    Thank you. I did try similar while using the version at: https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined and was not able to reproduce the problem described most recently in this thread. I generated the above based on review of the described process/actions and that if there was an issue to be addressed that the above testing should be fruitful. I stated only the "last line", but any/all information associated would likely provide the best assistance to resolution. Again, thank you.

Plugin Contributions

I have just tried to install from the Stock by Attribute Combined Master files from the GitHub into ZC1.5.7c and nothing happened. I am using Westminster new template and have copied files from the 1.5.7 folder in the zip file into that template. Running on a localhost apache server with php 7.4.9. Only other mod applied so far is OnePage checkout.

No menus, no link to an install file or anything visible. From reading this thread I then ran the stock_by_attr_install.php file directly by typing into the URL bar and tried to install the database as I could see my database did not have the products_with_attributes_stock table. No message to say success or failure, but it did not install the table.

I have tried different browsers (Edge and Firefox).
    Is there an SQL file I could run to install the table?

Do I need to install the pages using the Admin Page registration? Not used that before so not sure where to start?

Look forward to some pointers. Thank you for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    I have just tried to install from the Stock by Attribute Combined Master files from the GitHub into ZC1.5.7c and nothing happened. I am using Westminster new template and have copied files from the 1.5.7 folder in the zip file into that template. Running on a localhost apache server with php 7.4.9. Only other mod applied so far is OnePage checkout.

No menus, no link to an install file or anything visible. From reading this thread I then ran the stock_by_attr_install.php file directly by typing into the URL bar and tried to install the database as I could see my database did not have the products_with_attributes_stock table. No message to say success or failure, but it did not install the table.

I have tried different browsers (Edge and Firefox).
    Is there an SQL file I could run to install the table?

Do I need to install the pages using the Admin Page registration? Not used that before so not sure where to start?

Look forward to some pointers. Thank you for your help.
    There appear to be several gaps in the above making it difficult to provide any "simple" instruction. I mean even the direction given on github wasn't followed as this thread is not referenced from it. At any rate, so when you "ran stock_by_attr_install.php", did you see a screen that had a dropdown window, or were you presented with a page not found, or possibly the base admin screen of the admin? I ask, because nothing above talks about copying over the base includes/ and/or admin folder, only the "1.5.7 folder". Again it is not browser dependent, the issue has been tracked down to a design of ZC 1.5.7 and the fact that I used/continued to use a particular style of obtaining/retrieving information from the page. An improvement has been developed by the dev team even though I have implemented a "work around" in the github distribution which has been in place for a few weeks now at least...

The sql is within the stock_by_attr_install.php file in pieces and parts and is intended to auto install based on the command line. In actuality, in ZC 1.5.7, the expectation would be to run:

admin/index.php?cmd=stock_by_attr_install

Doing that will resolve the issue that is otherwise worked around.

Sorry for the delay in responding, please in the future comment in this forum thread: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....r-v1-3-5-1-3-9 as stated in the github repo: GitHub - mc12345678/Stock_By_Attributes_Combined: This combines the Files from SBA 1.5.3 and SBA 1.5.4 to provide a single distribution for updating applicable to ZC 1.5.1, 1.5.3, 1.5.4, 1.5.5, 1.5.6 and 1.5.7.

Plugin Contributions

mc12345678 thank you for your reply. Yes copied over the other base folder - includes and admin and then copied the 1.5.7 folder and renamed /copied into my template folders. The way I ran the stock_by_attr_install.php file was to add that to the URL from the admin home page. Yes this did give me a page with drop downs and I then selected from the drop down the script for install the full DB.

It was at this point that nothing happened other than it returned to the main admin home page. Tried this several time going through all of the options in the drop down and each time nothing happened.

However I have now copied over all files again and this time noted that there was a small link in the "other actions" to the attribute controller which took me to the install file and now it seems to have installed the database.

Thank you for your help and for the link to the github. Best regards.

Plugin Contributions

As placed in the github for admin/invoice.php in the 1_5_7/admin folder.
    The current file in this github is dated 2020-07-03 and the file in the latest distribution is dated 2020-10-28 with a change done for 1.5.7a on line 182. In merging the files, I left the change by DrByte and focused only on the Change 1 of 2 and 2 of 2.When accessing any invoice from the admin, we get the following error:
    `[13-Apr-2021 08:51:05 US/Central] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /********/invoice.php on line 213
    [13-Apr-2021 08:51:05 US/Central] Request URI: //index.php?cmd=invoice&oID=65846, IP address: 67.253.65.245

--> PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in //invoice.php on line 213.`
    Also, getting foreach() warning for line 1696 of /includes/classes/observers/class.products_with_attributes_stock.php

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    As placed in the github for admin/invoice.php in the 1_5_7/admin folder.

Also, getting foreach() warning for line 1696 of /includes/classes/observers/class.products_with_attributes_stock.php
    Line 1690 should follow what the text above it says by changing:
    Code:
    if (empty($order->products[$i]) && empty($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) return;
    to:
    Code:
    if (empty($order->products[$i]) || empty($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) return;
    I think I tried to do some sort of refactoring and missed a step. (An alternate solution would be to not the entire first evaluation, but I think the proposed solution here is more readable. Now, to copy this over to the forum referenced for the plugin... Thanks for doubling the efforts.

Plugin Contributions

New Install ZC 1.5.7c. Using old install instructions (do not see upgraded instructions). There is no includes/modules in the download I have (guess it is an undocumented change). Ran install, used Full DB, and did not get "Sucess message". Returned to Admin Home. Menu did not have stock by attributes. This is a virgin install, no modifications using "Responsive Classic" template that comes with 1.5.7c. Did I miss something???
    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    There appear to be several gaps in the above making it difficult to provide any "simple" instruction. I mean even the direction given on github wasn't followed as this thread is not referenced from it. At any rate, so when you "ran stock_by_attr_install.php", did you see a screen that had a dropdown window, or were you presented with a page not found, or possibly the base admin screen of the admin? I ask, because nothing above talks about copying over the base includes/ and/or admin folder, only the "1.5.7 folder". Again it is not browser dependent, the issue has been tracked down to a design of ZC 1.5.7 and the fact that I used/continued to use a particular style of obtaining/retrieving information from the page. An improvement has been developed by the dev team even though I have implemented a "work around" in the github distribution which has been in place for a few weeks now at least...

The sql is within the stock_by_attr_install.php file in pieces and parts and is intended to auto install based on the command line. In actuality, in ZC 1.5.7, the expectation would be to run:

admin/index.php?cmd=stock_by_attr_install

Doing that will resolve the issue that is otherwise worked around.

Sorry for the delay in responding, please in the future comment in this forum thread: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....r-v1-3-5-1-3-9 as stated in the github repo: GitHub - mc12345678/Stock_By_Attributes_Combined: This combines the Files from SBA 1.5.3 and SBA 1.5.4 to provide a single distribution for updating applicable to ZC 1.5.1, 1.5.3, 1.5.4, 1.5.5, 1.5.6 and 1.5.7.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    mc12345678 thank you for your reply. Yes copied over the other base folder - includes and admin and then copied the 1.5.7 folder and renamed /copied into my template folders. The way I ran the stock_by_attr_install.php file was to add that to the URL from the admin home page. Yes this did give me a page with drop downs and I then selected from the drop down the script for install the full DB.

It was at this point that nothing happened other than it returned to the main admin home page. Tried this several time going through all of the options in the drop down and each time nothing happened.

However I have now copied over all files again and this time noted that there was a small link in the "other actions" to the attribute controller which took me to the install file and now it seems to have installed the database.

Thank you for your help and for the link to the github. Best regards.
    By the way, I have updated the install code to address this issue which was the way that get style forms were being put together such that in a way there was an expectation that the cmd parameter would already be defined and defined such that it would represent the page to which the browser was to go. There has been a proposed solution that I think is good and supports the desired action(s); however, I do not believe that I have seen it incorporated into the ZC software (yet).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12