Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Password is Not allowing me access

I just did a fresh install of ZC v1.5.5e. Right after it installed and the installation gave a renamed admin, I modified the admin folder to my custom name and also removed the https (since my SSL is not yet set up) directly in my config files. I originally selected to use HTTPS but then realized I hadn't set it up yet.

Anyway, I went to the new admin page and I can see the login area. But when I try and login with the new admin it says the password or username is wrong. So... I immediately went to phpMyAdmin and the username I am entering IS CORRECT. So the issue must an incorrect password.

I had to modify the admin_e-mail directly in the admin table of user #1 in phpMyAdmin because it was orignally set up to my clients e-mail address which is not going to help me gain access. I wanted to be able to use the password reset button wtih my e-mail address. So I changed users 1 e-mail to mine and used the forget password function. Many times yet no e-mail is coming to my inbox. So next I tried to change the password directly in my database by entering this: 351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b That should change the password to Admin right? Well, my username and supposedly new password of Admin also does not let me in.

This is a nightmare. My direct database changes are not sending e-mails and my manual modifications of user 1 are not working. Again I can see in phpMyAdmin my username is correct. What and the heck is going on here? Something must be blocking this from working. Don't know if this is some new reset token or security measure stopping me from gaining access. Any ideas?
    Building a better web, one site at a time: Dayton Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Password is Not allowing me access

Ohhhh.... I never went through the temporary password setting to my then update with the new password during installation. Do I need to do a total reinstall now?

Plugin Contributions

There are a couple of helpful tutorials in the FAQ's section of this site:

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...lling-zen-cart

and

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...rd-(i-lost-it)

The latter is the way I would go.

Plugin Contributions

Problem solved. Should have went through the password setting step before other steps. I emptied my database, re-uploaded the zc_admin folder and went through installation steps again. THIS time I entered the temporary password and entered my new password step before trying other changes. Didn't require a totally fresh install and just took a few minutes to gain proper access.

Plugin Contributions

Glad that it seems the issue got resolved, though myself, there are some parts that I do not follow and there are some checks that likely could have/should have been done to further verify proper setup.

After manually entering the encrypted password like was done above, attempting to login using the new/upgraded store's files should have further "upgraded" or again encrypted that password. That is unless the maybe the incorrect database and/or DB_PREFIX was used. Also, if the "forgot password" button were selected and a request made for a new one, then there is a field that should have been populated as a result.

The absence of these database changes by accessing the store files, would indicate that there is not a connection between the two.

But glad that it works for ya now and to see what seemed to work.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the reply. Truth is I have installed Zen cart so many times now, that in this case I just skipped a step and go ahead of myself. When I found out the installation is now renaming the admin folder to a predetermined admin name (plus the password) I immediately wanted to rename the admin to what I wanted it to be. So instead of logging in to admin right after setup, where the set your password set feature is located, I immediately renamed the admin folder and modified the https in the config files. Forgot to enter the temp password when I tried to login. Then I went into PHP myAdmin to make changes hoping that would gain access. Actually, I made two mistakes during installation, in that had I entered the temp password before modifying the e-mail/password in the database it would have allowed me to update it in the step that I skipped. Perhaps next time I should slow down just a bit and finish installation first. LOL.

Plugin Contributions

That, my friend, made soooo much more sense. :) yup, sometimes the "routine" just becomes so much so...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...