Plugin Contributions

Default Adding More Data To My Product Listing

I'm running the latest Zencart and using the Responsive Sheffield Blue template, I don`t think it is a theme question which is why I`m posting here.

I have successfully imported 10,000 products into my database of my new site and have it laid out well thanks to this community. I have used EP4 to import the data and have set my options in EP4 to include a user defined product field and I have imported the data I want to that field, that it working fine.

What I would like is to include this data (if possible) in the details tab like this ...

Name:  Capture copy.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  94.4 KB

Obviously not in red LOL. After the : I would like it to get the data from the new field in the products table, the extra field is ink_ml and as said before already has the data relevant to the product.

I have followed a thread that was done back in 2015 by crazy_chris but ended up with an error on the product page so I`m not sure if anything has changed since that was written.

Many thanks in advance to any help ;)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding More Data To My Product Listing

The data for the product information page is collected basically in either of two files: includes/modules/pages/YOUR_PRODUCT_TYPE/header_php.php or main_template_vars.php of the same folder.

Because the field in question is a product specific field (based on the use of EP4's user identified field), this field would need to be added to the lookup performed on the TABLE_PRODUCTS table. Adding a field to the lookup is adding a comma followed by the field name.

Then after the query is run, to assign the result to a php variable.

Then that variable is usable on the tpl_product_info_default.php page (if above the YOUR_PRODUCT_TYPE were 'product') and/or any other template/module file that is loaded to support information display.

As to the issues that have already occurred, first in many cases the "year" or age tends to have little in connection as primarily the operation to get any piece of data up to the ZC 1.5.x series has not changed.

Anyways, the important tidbit here would be identifying this post that was followed and what issue(s) were experienced after trying to implement it rather than starting from scratch like has been presented.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding More Data To My Product Listing

If this is the case MC then I will post on the specific thread which is here ...

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-your-Products