Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Select Payment option won't take - looping with Error - Please Select Payment Option

About a week and half ago my site stopped accepting the payment option after years of operating with no issues. There are no changes that we made besides updating the home page with a new image. The site is working fine otherwise, but after you sign in and try to check out it loops an error that "Payment option must be selected" even though the option radio button is selected. I only have two option - credit card via authorize.net and check/money order. When I run developer mode in Firefox I see some warning about mixed content on page (two javascript errors) and something else about code not being reachable, but I don't know if they were there before this issue or not.

At the same time, our wordpress blog stopped working - just a blank page when you clicked on the link. Hosted on the same server. It turned out to be php syntax error on a plug in - but it hadn't been a problem before and again we hadn't made any changes. I found similar php syntax errors for some of the payment methods and thought I had found the problem, but when I disabled them I stopped getting the errors and could load the payment module successfuly in zencart admin, but still getting the same payment error on the site.

It makes me think something has changed on the hosting platform that caused the syntax errors, because they weren't there before and we didn't change the code.

Can anyone offer advice on what to look at or check into? Should I try building a new site on 1.5.5 and bringing my templates over?

Thanks in advance.

Zencart: 1.5.4
    PHP: 5.6.30
    My Sql: 5.6.39

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Select Payment option won't take - looping with Error - Please Select Payment Opt

if what you say is true, then the likely culprit is a change on the server. that could mean something that your hosting company did, or someone could have hacked your site.... hard to tell...

php 5.6 was released almost 4 years ago, so it is unlikely that a security upgrade "broke" your payment option.

one option would be look at what is actually getting posted when you submit the form that includes the check on payment option. those variables are contained in the array $_POST.

while upgrading to 1.5.5 is no doubt a good idea, it might solve your problem.... or not... however, php5.6 is approaching end of life (12/2018), and v1.5.4 does not play well with php7.0; so perhaps an upgrade is in order.

without a link to the site, hard to tell what is going on.... and even then, one would need to look at that $_POST array...

upgrading should definitely be on your radar/agenda; figuring out this specific problem 'might' be easier and then you can better plan for your upgrade without the pressure of the site not working.

finally, and rather curious to me, i can not find your error message:

"Payment option must be selected"

in my code. that does mean it does not exist; i just could not find it....

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Select Payment option won't take - looping with Error - Please Select Payment Opt

There are know cases (also here on the forum), where the admin panel said php was at version 5.6, but the site really was on php7.x. Better contact your host to make sure on which php version you are.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry - here's the site http://www.michellemasters.com

I've attached a screen shot of the error.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	17871

How can debug to see that I see the array $_POST? I'm an IT person but just not sure how to debug this as it's running.

I agree - it seemed weird that the blog and this happened at the same time. This was the error the blog was getting:

[21-May-2018 21:28:32 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'new' (T_NEW) in /home/michelle/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/social-bookmarks/social_bookmarks.php on line 63

Disabling the social-bookmarks plugin got the blog working again.

When I first started working on this (after the blog was resovled and we got a call from a customer saying they couldn't place an order) I couldn't load the payments module fully; it would load the left two colums but the window with the actual config options wouldn't be there - the arrow indicator was on the far right margin.

This was the error in the module:
    [26-May-2018 04:13:17 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/michelle/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php on line 1498

So I disabled this payment method, and then a different one did the same thing. I disabled that and then I got the full payments module display and could edit the setting for the module I had selected.

That error looks like something changed on the back end. I've put a ticket in with my hosting person who is normally very quick to respond but with the holiday weekend I don't expect to get anything back from them until tomorrow.

Plugin Contributions

Was the PHP 5.6.3 a guess or did it come from the the version menu in your admin?

Does your host provide cpanel? If so, does yours offer the MultiPHP Manager under the Software Section? If it's there, you might see what your current setting is for PHP and drop it, if necessary.

Plugin Contributions

if you are an IT person, and would like (my) help, please do NOT quote messages incorrectly. ie:

is very different from:

Please select a payment method for your order

it looks like you are using fast and easy checkout.

look at this file:

/includes/modules/pages/fec_confirmation/header_php.php

and search for the code:

ERROR_NO_PAYMENT_MODULE_SELECTED

and post the contents of the if statement just prior to it.

as other people have mentioned, its entirely possible they upgraded your php versions despite what you claim your cpanel says.

my code looks something like this:

PHP Code:
    if (($_SESSION['payment'] == '' && !$credit_covers) || (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && (!is_object(${$_SESSION['payment']})) && (!$credit_covers) ) {

$messageStack->add_session('checkout_payment'ERROR_NO_PAYMENT_MODULE_SELECTED'error');

i have a feeling your code for the if statement is:

PHP Code:
    if (($_SESSION['payment'] == '' && !$credit_covers) || (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && (!is_object($$_SESSION['payment'])) && (!$credit_covers) ) {

$messageStack->add_session('checkout_payment'ERROR_NO_PAYMENT_MODULE_SELECTED'error');

if you look closely at the is_object you will see a slight variation that is necessary for php7.0. there are some added curly braces.

let us know if this addresses the issue.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Was the PHP 5.6.3 a guess or did it come from the the version menu in your admin?

Does your host provide cpanel? If so, does yours offer the MultiPHP Manager under the Software Section? If it's there, you might see what your current setting is for PHP and drop it, if necessary.

PHP 5.6.3 came from cpanel myphpadmin:

Name:	Capture PHP.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	17872

I checked and found MultiPHP Manager and it looks like it's actually 7 by inheritance:

Name:	Capture multiphp.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	17873

I set it 5.6 - and we are working again! Thank you so much - we really appreciate it!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the help - and I will be sure to quote exactly the error message next time. Per my previous post you are correct my site was being run in PHP 7. Corrected by configuring it to run in 5.6 in MultiPHP manager.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    if you are an IT person, and would like (my) help, please do NOT quote messages incorrectly. ie:

is very different from:

Please select a payment method for your order

it looks like you are using fast and easy checkout.

look at this file:

/includes/modules/pages/fec_confirmation/header_php.php

and search for the code:

ERROR_NO_PAYMENT_MODULE_SELECTED

and post the contents of the if statement just prior to it.

as other people have mentioned, its entirely possible they upgraded your php versions despite what you claim your cpanel says.

my code looks something like this:

PHP Code:
    if (($_SESSION['payment'] == '' && !$credit_covers) || (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && (!is_object(${$_SESSION['payment']})) && (!$credit_covers) ) {

i have a feeling your code for the if statement is:

PHP Code:
    if (($_SESSION['payment'] == '' && !$credit_covers) || (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && (!is_object($$_SESSION['payment'])) && (!$credit_covers) ) {

if you look closely at the is_object you will see a slight variation that is necessary for php7.0. there are some added curly braces.

let us know if this addresses the issue.

best.
    Yes - your are correct. This is my header_php.php from that location:

PHP Code:
          if ((!isset($_SESSION['payment']) && !$credit_covers) || (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && (!is_object($$_SESSION['payment'])) && (!$credit_covers) ) {

$payment_error true;

I will be planning an upgrade this year prior to December.

Plugin Contributions

Glad you got your store back up and running. Thanks for reporting back with the solution that worked for you, and welcome to the forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast