Plugin Contributions

Default all products, featured products, specials returning 404 errors

all_products, featured_products and specials pages on index page in categories column are all returning 404 errors - page not found. All other pages are OK.

Where should I be looking to try to solve the issue? site https://www.treeoflifejewellery.com

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: all products, featured products, specials returning 404 errors

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    all_products, featured_products and specials pages on index page in categories column are all returning 404 errors - page not found. All other pages are OK.

Where should I be looking to try to solve the issue? site https://www.treeoflifejewellery.com

cheers,
    Mike
    As you've posted elsewhere in the forum, you're still missing a define: USU_END, which is causing well, USU_END, to be appended to your url and it not resolving properly.

If I remember correctly having seen a little of the plugins description and issues, there is a place to identify which main_page(s) are not to be rewritten. Would recommend adding those pages to that list.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    As you've posted elsewhere in the forum, you're still missing a define: USU_END, which is causing well, USU_END, to be appended to your url and it not resolving properly.

If I remember correctly having seen a little of the plugins description and issues, there is a place to identify which main_page(s) are not to be rewritten. Would recommend adding those pages to that list.
    Thanks MC for your response - - I have now deleted them from the standard configuration list and that has solved the issue except for 'sitemap' where I get the same result, 404 - not sure why?

I had previously deleted just one page, tested and it made no difference, maybe I need to clear cache first or something as the deletion process works. The USU_END suffix obviously disappears from the url now however it still appears on categories and product pages etc but is not causing any issues - so I made that suffix into a red herring - I will keep trying a few different things to see if I can overcome the 404 for the sitemap page. What also threw me was a different USU configuration page to my other sites using it (see images) - I didn't have to do anything like what I have just done as the problem never existed in the first place and yet the .htaccess files are exactly the same other than domain name ??

Many thanks again for your help - much appreciated. If I cannot solve the sitemap page I will get back to you otherwise I'll regard this as solved.

cheers,
    Mike

USU configuration page from harmonyballdotnet.au

Attachment 17284

USU configuration page from treeoflifejewellerydotcom

Attachment 17285

Plugin Contributions

I am now wondering if all of those pages returning 404 errors, and particularly the Privacy Notice, was responsible for a drop in rankings - not meeting Google's Quality Guidelines? time will tell I suppose

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    I am now wondering if all of those pages returning 404 errors, and particularly the Privacy Notice, was responsible for a drop in rankings - not meeting Google's Quality Guidelines? time will tell I suppose
    None of those pages returning 404's for me. Did you fix it? And if so, what happened?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    None of those pages returning 404's for me. Did you fix it? And if so, what happened?
    Hi Frank - yes, got it sorted ... eventually ... a lot of mucking around ... deleted all the pages in admin/USU configuration in the section 'Limit alternative urls to the following pages' .... except index and product_info then added products, sitemap .... so the result after chopping and changing, trial and error, is that the following are listed ... index, product_info, products, sitemap ..... changing this combination ends up with certain pages (all the pages in the index listing on index page other than actual categories and linked product pages, so contact, privacy, shipping. all products etc.) giving 404 errors or when those pages resolved correctly then others like categories and linked product pages resulted in standard url configuration, if the balance was altered .... hair pulling stuff with no rhyme nor reason that I can figure, but all is working fine now.

cheers,
    Mike
    Last edited by shags38; 8 Sep 2017 at 07:02 AM.