Plugin Contributions

Default ERROR: Failed sending email with subject: "ALERT: Your Admin settings have been chang

I was using the Ceon payment plugin and when I disable it in the Payment Modules I got a error message at the top of the page. (my correct email was x't out)
    ##ERROR: Failed sending email to: "[email protected]"##with subject: "ALERT: Your Admin settings have been changed in your online store."##Could not instantiate mail function.

A week ago I did move my site to a new hosting company. Does that have anything to do with it?

This is probably a stupid question but I do notice in the admin panel the line item under Configuration/E-Mail options/SMPT Email Mail Host I still have the old hosting company name in it. (smtp.XXXXXX.com). Do I need to change this? If so, to what?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ERROR: Failed sending email with subject: "ALERT: Your Admin settings have been c

Sounds like since you changed hosting servers your email is misconfigured. And that means all emails from your store are probably not working properly.

You can configure email in Admin->Configuration->Email Options
    Your hosting company can give you the details of how to do basic email configuration. It's pretty much the same as configuring your email program to read emails in your account.
    SMTP Email Account Mailbox enter your mailbox username here; often the email address
    SMTP Email Account Password enter the email account password here
    SMTP Email Mail Host enter the email servername here; often mail.yourdomain.com
    SMTP Email Mail Server Port usually this is either 465 or 25

Related reading:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Email_Problems
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Of_Lost_Emails

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ERROR: Failed sending email with subject: "ALERT: Your Admin settings have been c

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Your hosting company can give you the details of how to do basic email configuration. It's pretty much the same as configuring your email program to read emails in your account.
    SMTP Email Account Mailbox enter your mailbox username here; often the email address
    SMTP Email Account Password enter the email account password here
    SMTP Email Mail Host enter the email servername here; often mail.yourdomain.com
    SMTP Email Mail Server Port usually this is either 465 or 25
    Thanks, I appreciate all you help

Plugin Contributions

hi, am i correct to say that you could have issues using hotmail etc ??

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

The root cause of the OP's issue was forgetting to update the configuration after moving a site to a new hoster. Has nothing to do with Hotmail.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

I have kinda the same problem, but a bit different. I made a change to my email within the website, I think I changed the email from the default php to smtp? But I'm not totally positive what I changed it to, I just know I changed it from the default. I thought it was fine, but later realized that I'm not getting any emails from the website now. To make matters worse, I've locked myself out of the admin page. I guess I did the wrong password too many times? When I try to do the 'forgot password' on the admin login page I get the error
    Email Error: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host
    Does anyone know how I can go into the file manager and fix the email and/or admin page so I can get back into my site and put the emails back to the default? Thank you for any help!

Plugin Contributions

You would have to go to phpMyAdmin and change your email settings. If you set EMAIL_TRANSPORT to 'PHP' in the configuration table, then your emails will work again.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.