Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Removing DB Prefix

Testing Fishbowl Inventory's Integration module to find they don't allow prefixes. I currently have a 'Zen_' prefix. How awkward and difficult is it to just remove the prefix? Where do I start?

Do I have to rename all the tables manually, then change the configure.php file?

Thanks,

Ash
    http://www.youtube.com/c/csgodeimos - New Videos Wednesday & Saturday
    Gaming Content / Deimos

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing DB Prefix

Quote Originally Posted by CSGODeimos View Post
    Testing Fishbowl Inventory's Integration module to find they don't allow prefixes. I currently have a 'Zen_' prefix. How awkward and difficult is it to just remove the prefix? Where do I start?

Do I have to rename all the tables manually, then change the configure.php file?
    Thanks,
    Ash
    You can do it manually as you suggest
    or when upgrading and running zc_install you have the option to change or remove the prefix.

I hope this software does what you want, as not allowing a prefix indicates to me that they don't have a commitment to zencart. Its basic to allow prefixes.

Plugin Contributions

If your host provides phpMyAdmin, you can scroll to the bottom of the database, select all the tables and have it change the With selected to Replace table prefix.

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

You'll enter the current prefix in the From box (Zen_ or zen_) and leave the To box empty. That will remove the prefix from all tables.

Not sure if it is case sensitive.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"not allowing prefixes" is a bit of a red herring.

Sounds like they're probably using direct calls to the database, instead of using Zen Cart functions. That means you'll probably run into compatibility issues later ... including both security issues and performance-bloat issues.

If they're offering a service you choose to embrace then it'd be worth your while to have them update their integration.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post

Sounds like they're probably using direct calls to the database, instead of using Zen Cart functions. That means you'll probably run into compatibility issues later ... including both security issues and performance-bloat issues.

If they're offering a service you choose to embrace then it'd be worth your while to have them update their integration.
    yeah i concur.

a properly designed plugin would use the ZC db setup the way it is configured.

that said, i'm sure one could modify the plugin to use your db with your prefix.... "might" be an easier solution but who knows.... in addition, the cleanest thing would be to modify the plugin to use ZC's db functions.

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    If your host provides phpMyAdmin, you can scroll to the bottom of the database, select all the tables and have it change the With selected to Replace table prefix.

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

You'll enter the current prefix in the From box (Zen_ or zen_) and leave the To box empty. That will remove the prefix from all tables.

Not sure if it is case sensitive.

Okay, I did this and changed the define('DB_PREFIX', ''); in configure.php, I can access the site but not the admin. How do I fix that?
    Gaming Content / Deimos

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post

Yeah this worried me a little at the start. I'm really only testing it on the current site I'm trying to get it to work on, if it works well then we'll probably pay extra for the custom integration but we need to see that it actually works first aha.
    Gaming Content / Deimos

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CSGODeimos View Post
    Okay, I did this and changed the define('DB_PREFIX', ''); in configure.php, I can access the site but not the admin. How do I fix that?
    At least up to ZC 1.5.5d (current version) there are two configure.php files. One in includes/ one in admin/includes/

They both contain database information such as DB_PREFIX and would both need to be modified to remove the zen_ text of the prefix.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    At least up to ZC 1.5.5d (current version) there are two configure.php files. One in includes/ one in admin/includes/

They both contain database information such as DB_PREFIX and would both need to be modified to remove the zen_ text of the prefix.
    I'm an idiot, can't believe I forgot about that lol. Thanks guys, tested the connection and it seems to be working. Who knew it would take like 10 minutes to fix when I've been trying to get it to connect for 2 days. (Didn't realize it was the prefix causing issues lol).
    Gaming Content / Deimos

Plugin Contributions

We have been working on our Fishbowl for about 3 months, the out of the box plugin does not work at all due to simple none select able field mapping issues. We had to have it "customized" in order work. We have been live for 4 complete days and will have to have it customized again due hidden mapping issues that we have discovered. Once all the issues are resolved with everything being a "custom report", "custom Label" or "custom plugin" it appears that it will be a great EPR system that ties in with QB. Just do not tell them they are wrong, they are sensitive. Feel free to contact us as we are pushing through until it is perfect.
    Thank You, The Old Man
    The O-ring Store
    We make placing your o-ring order and getting o-rings easy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast