Plugin Contributions

Default How Insert another field to Cathegory

Hi guys, Does somebody know, how to add a new field into cathegories? I need to setup a special cathegory tree for products catalog (It need another cathegorize in XML than our shop cathegorize according to their pattern.), so I think, that it will be the best to add a new field and specify this field for all cathegories.

Does anyone know what to do with this??

Thank you!

ZC1.5.5e

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How Insert another field to Cathegory

There isn't any way in Zencart itself to do that. If you have access to your server and have cPanel, you could use PHPMyAdmin to add a new field to the categories_description file. But you'd need to be reasonably competent with SQL to do that. And then you would need to modify the categories.php file to display the new field and be able to put anything in it. And of course, anywhere else you needed to use that information would have to be modified as well.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How Insert another field to Cathegory

Quote Originally Posted by HeleneWallis View Post
    There isn't any way in Zencart itself to do that. If you have access to your server and have cPanel, you could use PHPMyAdmin to add a new field to the categories_description file. But you'd need to be reasonably competent with SQL to do that. And then you would need to modify the categories.php file to display the new field and be able to put anything in it. And of course, anywhere else you needed to use that information would have to be modified as well.
    Kind of true. There's the tools->install sql patches area where a sql command could be executed that would add the field, though the same concerns apply (knowing what one is doing because there is little information provided back and can't see the database like within phpmyadmin or similar).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...