Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Doubling / Tripling of customer orders

My site: tubularwiremeshribbon. com
    ZC Version 1.5.5e
    PHP Version 5.6.31
    Payment Plugin: PayPal Express Checkout

For reasons unknown, my last two customer orders have been duplicated and then triplicated (see image).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss-order.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	17324
    Fortunately, payment through PayPal Express Checkout has NOT been duplicated. The first time this occurred I chalked it up to customer error, but now the next customer as well, and in triplicate?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Doubling / Tripling of customer orders

Do you have PayPal Express Checkout's debug enabled? If not, I'd suggest enabling it now. That way, if/when the issue occurs again there will be some breadcrumbs to follow that might lead to the source of the issue.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the tip. I've now enabled it.

Plugin Contributions

As you can see from the attached image, there are multiple versions of Paypal Payment Modules in place (and others as well).

Name:	zc-addons.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	17325
    although they are disabled, should the plugins NOT in use be removed? Might that be causing the doubling of orders?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by beadedlily View Post
    As you can see from the attached image, there are multiple versions of Paypal Payment Modules in place (and others as well).

although they are disabled, should the plugins NOT in use be removed? Might that be causing the doubling of orders?
    Nope, not necessary. If a payment module is disabled (showing that red button), then it's not going to be loaded for the customer's use.

Plugin Contributions

Things are more urgent now as an order seems to not only have repeated itself, but also charged the customer a second time via PayPal. The order was one of the orders that was placed yesterday (twice) and has been placed again today, a third time in total. And, as I said, the customer was charged (I've refunded the second payment with an explanation).

I did have the PayPal debug on but do not see any indication of why this might be happening (of course I don't know what I'm looking for). I would like to place the logs in this thread but there are quite a few individual logs; What should I post here? (I'm also concerned about posting sensitive client information)

Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Examining the plugin settings at admin > Modules > Payment I see that my PayPal Merchant ID number was not in place, which seems odd. I've now added it. Further down, I see the question "Use InContext Checkout?", with the following explanation:
    PayPal now offers a newer friendlier InContext (in-page) checkout mode (Requires that you enter your MerchantID in the Merchant ID Setting above). Or you can use the older checkout style which offers Pay Without Account by default but with a full-page-redirect.
    "InContext" was selected. Since my MerchantID was NOT in place previously, could that be triggering this issue? If so, then it should resolve itself now that I've added it.

Plugin Contributions

I've just tried a test order; after payment I was returned to a blank white page at /index.php?main_page=checkout_process. From the admin I can see that the order was placed, and then duplicated.

if I keep visiting /index.php?main_page=checkout_process it is a white screen every time.

What is going on?
    Last edited by beadedlily; 24 Sep 2017 at 02:50 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I've now put the site in maintenance mode until this is resolved. Also, I see that my test order has now replicated for the third time, which seems to be the magic number. Another payment was NOT made to PayPal in this case.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by beadedlily View Post

You have 3 active modules, all of them with sort order "0". This can cause confusion. Assign a unique sort order to each of your 3 modules (eg 1,2,3) and do another test.

Also, FYI only, red buttons indicate that the module is available for installation but actually is not installed.
    Last edited by frank18; 26 Sep 2017 at 12:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast