Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS XML: Support Thread

Greetings,

Thanks for the latest update to UPS-XML. Making it multilingual is great. As I was using the module on our Spanish site, I noticed the heading just before the rates says: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE (1 PKG X 7.18 LBS TOTAL) . I looked in the file upsxml.php, but found that the heading is coming from some other place. We don't plan to display the number of packages and the weight, so they are not an issue. My question: is "UNITED PARCEL SERVICE" translatable, and if so, what file would I edit?

And another question is what file do we edit to put more spaces between the shipping choices? I noticed that the prices for the shipping choices need more space after them. See...Name:  UPSprices.png
Views: 482
Size:  52.5 KB

Plugin Contributions

To translate "United Parcel Service", you'll make a language-override copy of /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/upsxml.php into /includes/languages/spanish/modules/shipping/upsxml.php and make that translaction, changing 'MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_TEXT_TITLE'.

For the formatting issue, you'll need to check in your custom template's CSS and/or shipping-estimator/checkout-shipping pages' layouts.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    To translate "United Parcel Service", you'll make a language-override copy of /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/upsxml.php into /includes/languages/spanish/modules/shipping/upsxml.php and make that translaction, changing 'MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_TEXT_TITLE'.

For the formatting issue, you'll need to check in your custom template's CSS and/or shipping-estimator/checkout-shipping pages' layouts.
    Hi lat9, As I mentioned in the OP, I looked in the upsxml.php file, but the text "United Parcel Service" does not exist in the file. So, if you are saying to change it there, does that mean that it is not translatable and is coming directly from UPS and being displayed as it arrived into the system?

I will look at the CSS as you directed.

Thanks for all you do for us here!
    mrsawyer

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mrsawyer View Post
    Hi lat9, As I mentioned in the OP, I looked in the upsxml.php file, but the text "United Parcel Service" does not exist in the file. So, if you are saying to change it there, does that mean that it is not translatable and is coming directly from UPS and being displayed as it arrived into the system?

I will look at the CSS as you directed.

Thanks for all you do for us here!
    mrsawyer
    Which version of UPS-XML is in use? FWIW, the language file currently contains this
    Code:
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_TEXT_TITLE', 'United Parcel Service');
    definition which, if changed, will display something other than United Parcel Service on the storefront.

Plugin Contributions

Which version of UPS-XML is in use? FWIW, the language file currently contains this
    Code:
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_TEXT_TITLE', 'United Parcel Service');
    definition which, if changed, will display something other than United Parcel Service on the storefront.

We are using version 1.7.8. I assume the correct file overwrote the previous version, but I will double check to make sure. When I did a search on the text of the file, United Parcel Service did not appear.

Thanks, I'm getting my grill and barbecue sauce ready in case I have to eat crow!
    mrsawyer

Plugin Contributions

We are using version 1.7.8. I assume the correct file overwrote the previous version, but I will double check to make sure. When I did a search on the text of the file, United Parcel Service did not appear.

Thanks, I'm getting my grill and barbecue sauce ready in case I have to eat crow!
    mrsawyer
    Well I have plucked, gutted, and grilled the crow. I could swear that the United Parcel Service text was not there when I searched a few days ago, but it is certainly there now. My apologies!

As for the formatting issue, you said, "For the formatting issue, you'll need to check in your custom template's CSS and/or shipping-estimator/checkout-shipping pages' layouts." So, the changes may be in the CSS and/or may be in the shipping_estimator php files, and/or checkout_shipping php files. Did I decode what you were saying correctly?

Plugin Contributions

Well I have plucked, gutted, and grilled the crow. I could swear that the United Parcel Service text was not there when I searched a few days ago, but it is certainly there now. My apologies!

As for the formatting issue, you said, "For the formatting issue, you'll need to check in your custom template's CSS and/or shipping-estimator/checkout-shipping pages' layouts." So, the changes may be in the CSS and/or may be in the shipping_estimator php files, and/or checkout_shipping php files. Did I decode what you were saying correctly?
    Poor crow. You've decoded what I said about the layout correctly! You're looking somewhere in your site-specific template-directory for those layout/CSS changes. You can always try switching back to the responsive_classic template to see how that area's formatted originally.

Plugin Contributions

Greetings,

I have set up our API Key and run some cross-country shipping tests (in test mode) using UPS-XML Version 1.7.8. I set the Customer Classification Code to 00 so that rates displayed would reflect our contracted agreement with UPS. I then tried using the exact same shipping information with the Customer Classification Code set to 53 to display the regular rates for comparison. To my surprise, the regular rates were about 4% to 7% lower than our contracted "discounted" UPS rates.

I have contacted UPS to make sure they have given us the correct code and have also activated the contract. While I am awaiting a reply, I thought I'd check with the forum folk here to see if using test mode could account for this, or if there is some other possible reason I have overlooked, or if there is the remote possibility that the plugin has an error.

I am hoping that some readers of this post will be so kind as to run a similar test and share their findings.

Thanks,
    mrsawyer
    Last edited by mrsawyer; 14 Jul 2020 at 09:47 AM.

Plugin Contributions

@mrsawyer, you could enable the UPS-XML debug for a couple of 'cycles' so that you can view the requests sent to and responses from the UPS servers. I kind of remember a couple of cases where reviewing those logs helped.

Plugin Contributions

@mrsawyer, you could enable the UPS-XML debug for a couple of 'cycles' so that you can view the requests sent to and responses from the UPS servers. I kind of remember a couple of cases where reviewing those logs helped.
    I will try your suggestion about using debug. However, UPS's response mentions package size as a determining factor in the rate estimate received online. How does the UPS_XML plugin supply UPS with package dimensions, or does it? I did not see anywhere where package size could be entered. In the ZC admin area I saw small box and large box, but did not a place to specify the dimensions of either.

Please advise,
    mrsawyer

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast