Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS XML: Support Thread

As I try to wipe the egg off,

Error was in the SHIP FROM address.
    During setup, somehow an 'auto-complete' feature populated the UPS account state to LA and all the other info correct and I did not catch that.

Changing the STATE in the setup field to ID, seems to have corrected the problem so that I can now go to the step of somehow getting the Stamps.com rates to be quoted but that is not within the scope of this support thread.

Thanks everyone for helping me see the error in my ways.

There is still a hiccup with the version checking where zen-cart.com seems to be refusing a version check connection and generating 6 myDEBUG-adm files for each rate quote attempt when the UPSXML plugin is enabled.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I just installed UPS XML My site is bilingual, so I need to display the shipping info in Spanish if the shopper chooses Spanish as their language of choice. I copied upsxml.php into /includes/languages/spanish/modules/shipping . So, now the English shipping options show up on the spanish display of my site. In the upsxml.php file that I copied to the Spanish side, I tried converting the words "Next Day Air" to Spanish. but when I tried to view it on my site, the option for Next Day Air was no longer in the list of options. I assume it disappeared because the Spanish version of "Next Day Air" was not an option that was set in the admin area (though I could be wrong). So, at this point, I am stuck. Please offer any help you can in getting the shipping options to display in Spanish.
    Thanks,
    mrsawyer

Plugin Contributions

@mrsawyer, UPS returns time-sensitive quotes. You might get a Next Day Air quote in the morning that you won't get for the same address later in the day.

To get those various shipping-methods to display in Spanish, you're heading down the correct path (/includes/languages/spanish/modules/shipping/upsxml.php) by editing that copied language file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    @mrsawyer, UPS returns time-sensitive quotes. You might get a Next Day Air quote in the morning that you won't get for the same address later in the day.

To get those various shipping-methods to display in Spanish, you're heading down the correct path (/includes/languages/spanish/modules/shipping/upsxml.php) by editing that copied language file.
    The disappearance of every shipping option that I edited in upsxml.php could not have been due to information being time-sensitive. It was only a matter of seconds from the edit to Spanish (where the option disappeared) and changing back to English where the options reappeared. It seems more likely to be what I stated in the original post, that since the Spanish option is not an option to display in the cart, the system eliminates it. Of course it is only a theory, but please offer some reply as to whether it is even feasible or not.

Also please try changing the "Next Day Air" on the English folder side of upsxml.php to "Next Day Truck" and see what happens. I'm sure the option will disappear on your test system.

Thanks for the fast reply!
    mrsawyer

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mrsawyer View Post
    The disappearance of every shipping option that I edited in upsxml.php could not have been due to information being time-sensitive. It was only a matter of seconds from the edit to Spanish (where the option disappeared) and changing back to English where the options reappeared. It seems more likely to be what I stated in the original post, that since the Spanish option is not an option to display in the cart, the system eliminates it. Of course it is only a theory, but please offer some reply as to whether it is even feasible or not.

Also please try changing the "Next Day Air" on the English folder side of upsxml.php to "Next Day Truck" and see what happens. I'm sure the option will disappear on your test system.

Thanks for the fast reply!
    mrsawyer
    Well, duh. Unfortunately, due to the way that the UPS-XML shipping method's currently (as you noted) processing, changing those [what should be] language-specific names from their configured values causes the various shipping methods to be removed due to a 'no match' condition when compared against those database-settings.

I've created a GitHub issue (https://github.com/lat9/upsxml/issues/24) to track changes needed to correct this behavior.

Plugin Contributions

Well, duh. Unfortunately, due to the way that the UPS-XML shipping method's currently (as you noted) processing, changing those [what should be] language-specific names from their configured values causes the various shipping methods to be removed due to a 'no match' condition when compared against those database-settings.

I've created a GitHub issue (https://github.com/lat9/upsxml/issues/24) to track changes needed to correct this behavior.
    I've just submitted UPS-XML v1.7.8 to the Zen Cart moderators for review and will post back here when it's available for download.

This release contains changes enabling the various UPS shipping methods to be translated into different languages. See that GitHub issue-link above for additional information.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted UPS-XML v1.7.8 to the Zen Cart moderators for review and will post back here when it's available for download.

This release contains changes enabling the various UPS shipping methods to be translated into different languages. See that GitHub issue-link above for additional information.
    Please note: This update appends the UPS Service Code to the names of the individually-selectable shipping methods to enable that language-translation. If you are upgrading, it's very, very important to go to your admin's Modules::Shipping for your existing configuration to be updated once the updated files are placed on your site. Otherwise, your customers won't receive UPS-XML quotes.

Plugin Contributions

Please note: This update appends the UPS Service Code to the names of the individually-selectable shipping methods to enable that language-translation. If you are upgrading, it's very, very important to go to your admin's Modules::Shipping for your existing configuration to be updated once the updated files are placed on your site. Otherwise, your customers won't receive UPS-XML quotes.
    Hey lat9,

Wow! I am happy that you have handled this so quickly. I am anxiously awaiting the new download. As you suggested, I'll be sure to go to the admin, Modules. Shipping function to play with the new options.

Thanks So Much!
    mrsawyer

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mrsawyer View Post
    Hey lat9,

Wow! I am happy that you have handled this so quickly. I am anxiously awaiting the new download. As you suggested, I'll be sure to go to the admin, Modules. Shipping function to play with the new options.

Thanks So Much!
    mrsawyer
    You're very welcome. If you want a heads-up while the moderators do their review, you can always download from the plugin's GitHub repository: https://github.com/lat9/upsxml/releases/tag/v1.7.8

Plugin Contributions

UPS-XML v1.7.8 is now available for download: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=126

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast