Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS XML: Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've just submitted v1.7.7 of UPS XML for the Zen Cart moderators' review; I'll post back when it's available for download.

This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues:

#19: Correct PHP notices generated.
    #20: Display "New version available" only from admin's Modules->Shipping
    #21: Correct "Next Day Air Early" quotes not being returned.
    #22: Restructure distribution.
    #23: Sort quotes returned by cost.
    Now available for download: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=126

Plugin Contributions

5 updates in 5 months? Glad to have the responsiveness but is a bit onerous. Is it possible to wait and do one that covers all the bugs, er, upgrades? Although if one of these updates could determine the RES vs COM address status and bring back the appropriate rates, that would make the patch time entirely worthwhile.

Plugin Contributions

Cindy, thanks for your support of this module and aggressive fixing of issues as they are discovered. The project is lucky to have you.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by apollowilcox View Post
    5 updates in 5 months? Glad to have the responsiveness but is a bit onerous. Is it possible to wait and do one that covers all the bugs, er, upgrades? Although if one of these updates could determine the RES vs COM address status and bring back the appropriate rates, that would make the patch time entirely worthwhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Cindy, thanks for your support of this module and aggressive fixing of issues as they are discovered. The project is lucky to have you.
    what swguy said.

appollowilcox, i would suggest you wait and do your updates as needed. just because lat9 keeps this complex add-on up-to-date is no reason for you to do it. if you are not generating errors, and the module is doing what you want, i would suggest you be the person waiting.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

I like that suggestion, carlwhat, but we never really know for sure what a patch is addressing - perhaps it affects us. Regardless, my comment came off as snarky, which was inappropriate. Would like to edit/ remove that post. The plug-in is appreciated and well-maintained.

Plugin Contributions

Hey LAT9 - I need to close the loop with you on my Sept post about our UPSXLM not getting our negotiated rates from UPS. Yeah - small businesses just breathlessly roll on to the next challenge. Thanks very much for your help - we got UPS's attention. When I presented this response code (that you spotted) to the UPS technical no-support people, they stopped saying its the shopping carts fault:

<RatedShipmentWarning>User Id and Shipper Number combination is not qualified to receive negotiated rates.</RatedShipmentWarning>

They took a good hard look at our UPS Account and figured out, yeah, something was not right....and FIXED it on UPS's end.

Great plugin you developed. And thanks again for the help.

Greg

Plugin Contributions

You're welcome, Greg; I'm happy to have helped. Nothing like a little captured response code to show the "tech-no-support" people the error of their ways.

Plugin Contributions

Oldy, moldy zc154

It's OK if the answer is "Rick get off your ######## and upgrade before stirring in this pot because looking at this is not a productive use of my time" :-)

I'm just wanted to have some functionality before I start the process with obtaining automated UPS rates for Stamps.com accounts. Past experience with Stamps.com tech folks have proven ineffective and don't expect any different now.

On standard checkout_shipping page:

Code:
    10001: The XML document is not well formed
    If you prefer to use ups as your shipping method, please contact SELLER.com via
    CurlTester
    Connecting to Zen Cart Support Server (https) ...
    Error 7: Failed to connect to www.zen-cart.com port 443: Connection refused

mydebug file:

Code:
    [27-Feb-2020 11:41:34 America/Los_Angeles] Request URI: /9nd6Q536/modules.php?set=shipping&module=upsxml&action=edit, IP address: 98.146.164.107
    #1  file_get_contents() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php:38]
    #2  plugin_version_check_for_updates() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php:57]
    #3  upsxml->__construct() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/9nd6Q536/modules.php:190]
    --> PHP Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=versioncheck&id=126): failed to open stream: Connection refused in /home/chainwea/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 38.

[27-Feb-2020 11:41:34 America/Los_Angeles] Request URI: /9nd6Q536/modules.php?set=shipping&module=upsxml&action=edit, IP address: 98.146.164.107
    #1  in_array() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php:42]
    #2  plugin_version_check_for_updates() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php:57]
    #3  upsxml->__construct() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/9nd6Q536/modules.php:190]
    --> PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/chainwea/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 42.

[27-Feb-2020 11:41:35 America/Los_Angeles] Request URI: /9nd6Q536/modules.php?set=shipping&module=upsxml&action=edit, IP address: 98.146.164.107
    #1  file_get_contents() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php:38]
    #2  plugin_version_check_for_updates() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php:117]
    #3  usps->__construct() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/9nd6Q536/modules.php:190]
    --> PHP Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=versioncheck&id=1292): failed to open stream: Connection refused in /home/chainwea/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 38.

[27-Feb-2020 11:41:35 America/Los_Angeles] Request URI: /9nd6Q536/modules.php?set=shipping&module=upsxml&action=edit, IP address: 98.146.164.107
    #1  in_array() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php:42]
    #2  plugin_version_check_for_updates() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php:117]
    #3  usps->__construct() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/9nd6Q536/modules.php:190]
    --> PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/chainwea/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 42.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Upgrade won't help (although obviously you will want to do it at some point). The issue you are hitting is that there is something in the message you are sending which makes the XML invalid. Look for things like ampersands or quotes embedded in product names or perhaps in the customer's address.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

TNX Scott,

Not sure what happened in the meantime but at least now I am getting UPSXML debugs in addition to the generic myDEBUGadm
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast