Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS XML causing errors in Shipstation

Quote Originally Posted by HeleneWallis View Post
    We're running ZC 1.57d, and the UPS shipping module was working correctly. But it also displayed the red message that there was a new version. So I installed the new version and now Shipstation is unable to write the shipping info (date, shipping service and tracking number) back to the customer's order record. The error we're getting from Shipstation is "An error occurred attempting to update orders: Invalid XML. Error: 'Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: Orders. Line 3, position 1.' We received: '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <Orders> '

There was nothing in our logs about the problem, so it's not causing an issue in Zencart itself.

At this point, we have to go into every order manually and add the shipping info, so my shipping people are understandably giving me a very hard time.
    Could you turn on the UPSXML debug and send me a copy of the file? I'll PM you my direct email address.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Could you turn on the UPSXML debug and send me a copy of the file? I'll PM you my direct email address.
    Welp, the problem turned out to be something entirely different. What the shipping folk said to me was completely the opposite of what was actually happening. I had installed the latest Shipstation module that I downloaded from Shipstation itself, not realizing that it was only for 1.5.8. So Shipstation was failing to import orders from Zencart, not failing to update the Zencart orders with the shipment info--tracking number, etc. When I realized what had happened and reinstalled the older version of Shipstation's interface, it all worked fine.

But I do still have a question about UPS XML. UPS has a class called UPS Ground Saver, and I don't see any way to enable that in Zencart. It's available through Shipstation, so we can take advantage of it, but I'd like to be able to offer it to our customers as well. Is there any way to include that in the plugin?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeleneWallis View Post
    ...UPS has a class called UPS Ground Saver...
    never heard of it.

in the feb 2023 UPS Rating Package XML Developer Guide, you can see a screenshot of the service options from the US.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    never heard of it.

in the feb 2023 UPS Rating Package XML Developer Guide, you can see a screenshot of the service options from the US.

best.
    Yes, I had already seen that. Ground Saver is apparently what Shipstation calls the UPS SurePost service, their 'last mile' service that hands off packages under a certain size to the USPS. So that is probably why it isn't available in the XML interface, because it requires package size information in order to be an option. Oh well. I wish we could offer it to our customers, but without volume info being available, it wouldn't be feasible. Our products are frequently purchased together, so regardless of the size of each individual one, a total order could easily add up to not being SurePost eligible.

Plugin Contributions

Small bug in a recent update.

line 387
    if ($next_zone['zone_id'] < 1 || $next_zone['zone_id'] === $order->delivery['zone_id']) {

fails to work because of ===. $next_zone['zone_id'] is not an int the way $order->delivery['zone_id'] is.
    Casting fixes.

The symptom is the shipping estimator does not show UPSXML rates prior to login for users who restrict UPSXML by Zone.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Small bug in a recent update.

line 387
    if ($next_zone['zone_id'] < 1 || $next_zone['zone_id'] === $order->delivery['zone_id']) {

fails to work because of ===. $next_zone['zone_id'] is not an int the way $order->delivery['zone_id'] is.
    Casting fixes.

The symptom is the shipping estimator does not show UPSXML rates prior to login.
    GitHub tracking issue: https://github.com/lat9/upsxml/issues/37

Plugin Contributions

I received an email today from UPS indicating that the current APIs (including XML) will be deprecated as of 2024-06-03. Over the next couple of months, I'll be updating the UPS-XML shipping method to use the now-current RESTful API interface.

GitHub tracking issue: https://github.com/lat9/upsxml/issues/38

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I received an email today from UPS indicating that the current APIs (including XML) will be deprecated as of 2024-06-03. Over the next couple of months, I'll be updating the UPS-XML shipping method to use the now-current RESTful API interface.

GitHub tracking issue: https://github.com/lat9/upsxml/issues/38
    Thank you so much. Your work is really appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

I just installed this UPS XML plugin and it works fine. The only questions I have:

1. I get UPS rates from all shipping methods except "UPS Standard", even it enabled in admin. Is this method not actually valid?

2. Any chance that the "Canada Standard" shipping method will be incorporated into this plugin at some point?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DML73 View Post
    I just installed this UPS XML plugin and it works fine. The only questions I have:

1. I get UPS rates from all shipping methods except "UPS Standard", even it enabled in admin. Is this method not actually valid?

2. Any chance that the "Canada Standard" shipping method will be incorporated into this plugin at some point?
    Not sure on the "UPS Standard". If you could, enable the UPS-XML debug option and send a copy of the resultant log to my direct email.

For the "Canada Standard", I've noted the request on the module's GitHub (https://github.com/lat9/upsxml/issues/39) so that I (hopefully) don't forget!

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast