Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS XML: Support Thread

The UPS XML plug-in gives us the exact same rates as does the regular vanilla UPS shipping module. And both are considerably higher than our negotiated rates - at least, for heavier (>25# packages). Why is the XML not bringing back our negotiated rates? I've checked the setup so many times...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by apollowilcox View Post
    The UPS XML plug-in gives us the exact same rates as does the regular vanilla UPS shipping module. And both are considerably higher than our negotiated rates - at least, for heavier (>25# packages). Why is the XML not bringing back our negotiated rates? I've checked the setup so many times...
    Could you enable the UPS-XML debug and post the results (obfuscating any account-related info) for an order whose guotes are out-of-whack?

Plugin Contributions

Does that mean putting it in "test" mode? Where do i find the debug results?

Plugin Contributions

Does that mean putting it in "test" mode? Where do i find the debug results?
    Nope, just set the upsxml shipping module's Enable debug? to true. That will result in the file /logs/upsxml.log that records all requests/responses from UPS.

Plugin Contributions

Well, that was certainly right in front of me. Thank you. I've attached the log file as well as a jpg showing the identical rates of UPS vs UPS XML. I really appreciate your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UPS and UPSXML Rates.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	18345  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Hmm, I'm seeing:

RatedShipmentWarning>Missing / Invalid Shipper Number. Returned rates are Retail Rates.

within that upsxml.log information. Is the 28.5-pound weight noted in that log the correct weight for the shipment?

Plugin Contributions

Again, thank you lat9. Yes, the weight is correct. Can't understand why the 6-character shipper number is being viewed as incorrect. We've had that for years - there's no doubt that it is correct. Is it looking for a different number than our regular account? Is there a different number associated with the XML connectivity?

I just revisited ww.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit. It shows the correct account number and shows "Production" for all relevant UPS shipping except for: Pickup - Ground Freight, Rating - Ground Freight, and Shipping - Ground Freight which i don't need/ use anyway. But would these being flagged as test preclude anything from workign? Should i request production status for these?
    Last edited by apollowilcox; 26 Feb 2019 at 03:34 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I'm thinking that I remember that the UPS 'shipper number' is case-sensitive. Could that be the issue?

Plugin Contributions

Got it working. Not sure which worked but here's what i did: gained production rights for freight options at upsdeveloperkit. Don't need them, but what the heck. Now, all services say "production." Also, despite the account number looking exactly right, i deleted it and re-entered it. The resulting error in the log was "User Id and Shipper Number combination is not qualified to receive negotiated rates." So, i changed the username/ pw from the original ones we had been given as part of the XML access key and just used our regular ups.com login creds.

Now it works. Thank you so much for your help. We've been trying to get this working for ages.

Plugin Contributions

Got it working. Not sure which worked but here's what i did: gained production rights for freight options at upsdeveloperkit. Don't need them, but what the heck. Now, all services say "production." Also, despite the account number looking exactly right, i deleted it and re-entered it. The resulting error in the log was "User Id and Shipper Number combination is not qualified to receive negotiated rates." So, i changed the username/ pw from the original ones we had been given as part of the XML access key and just used our regular ups.com login creds.

Now it works. Thank you so much for your help. We've been trying to get this working for ages.
    I'm glad you got it working -- thanks for the update.

Just for my edification, did either the Shipper Number or UPS password contain 'special' characters, e.g. <>"&?

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast