Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Different email for creating an account with and without a purchase?

I would like to send a welcome email that is different whether the person is creating an account with their first purchase, versus creating an account without any purchase.

For example, I would like to send them a different discount coupon, and different introductory information.

Is that possible?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Different email for creating an account with and without a purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    I would like to send a welcome email that is different whether the person is creating an account with their first purchase, versus creating an account without any purchase.

For example, I would like to send them a different discount coupon, and different introductory information.

Is that possible?
    Everything is possible
    However... Looking at the normal flow
    Customers either create an account without something in their cart (easy enough to detect)
    or
    create an account with something in their cart
    The welcome email is sent out at account creation
    But this doesn't mean that they will immediately continue with purchase
    So in this case you cannot backtrack and change the Welcome email (already sent out) after a purchase is made

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Different email for creating an account with and without a purchase?

Hum.. I see. It makes sense.

OK, then, if I want to send a welcome email with a discount coupon for newcomers, where do I edit whatever file. As I searched, I saw references to a welcome_email file and a create_account file. I am not sure which one is the correct one (or another one) since those references were several years old. Could you point me to what file i would need to edit with my new 1.5.5e installation?

Plugin Contributions

Hum.. I see. It makes sense.

OK, then, if I want to send a welcome email with a discount coupon for newcomers, where do I edit whatever file. As I searched, I saw references to a welcome_email file and a create_account file. I am not sure which one is the correct one (or another one) since those references were several years old. Could you point me to what file i would need to edit with my new 1.5.5e installation?
    Well, you really don't need to edit any file.

In admin go to Discounts > Coupon Admin (found next to the Tools link) and set up your discount coupon there.

Next, go to Admin > Configuration GV Coupons > New Signup Discount Coupon ID# and select the coupon you just created from the drop down menu.

Update and done.

Alternatively go to Admin > Configuration GV Coupons > New Signup Gift Voucher Amount, enter an amount you want to give to the customer, update and done.

If New Signup Discount Coupon ID# is left to None (=0) then nothing is sent out, if New Signup Gift Voucher Amount is left blank then nothing is sent out.

But once any of the above is set up then that coupon is automatically added to the Welcome Email.

Plugin Contributions

That is good, however, I would really want to customize that welcome email further, for example, to remind them about the newsletter (in case they didn't check the box to subscribe or if the mod is still not working at the time of account creation).

I would also like to inform them of other things as visitors/customers of my store, which caters to a particular niche. Would I need to edit a particular file for that?

Plugin Contributions

That is good, however, I would really want to customize that welcome email further, for example, to remind them about the newsletter (in case they didn't check the box to subscribe or if the mod is still not working at the time of account creation).

I would also like to inform them of other things as visitors/customers of my store, which caters to a particular niche. Would I need to edit a particular file for that?
    A starting point would be your-store.com/emails/email_template_welcome.html