Thread: Apache4?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Apache4?

ZenCart + Apache4? (Unable to find this answer in the forum and our normal ZenCart expert did not know.)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apache4?

Quote Originally Posted by siriusmw View Post
    ZenCart + Apache4? (Unable to find this answer in the forum and our normal ZenCart expert did not know.)
    Are you meaning Apache 2.4.#? Or.. EasyApache4 The latter is Apache 2.4 with PHPs from 5.4 thru 7.1
    It allows us to give a particular PHP to a specific customer. Haven't seen any problems with Zen Cart in this regard. Have found a few mods that balk at 7.0 PHP
    https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...o-run-zen-cart states 2.4 but you might check https://httpd.apache.org/ for latest changes to see if there's a problem.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Are you meaning Apache 2.4.#? Or.. EasyApache4 The latter is Apache 2.4 with PHPs from 5.4 thru 7.1
    It allows us to give a particular PHP to a specific customer. Haven't seen any problems with Zen Cart in this regard. Have found a few mods that balk at 7.0 PHP
    https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...o-run-zen-cart states 2.4 but you might check https://httpd.apache.org/ for latest changes to see if there's a problem.
    Hi, yes EasyApache. Thank you, I should have clarified. I need to upgrade to php7 for other software, and not for Zencart. I know there will be issues with our custom mods. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Hostgator has upgraded our server from EasyApache3 to EasyApache4, and I've spent the last two weeks trying to get them to fix whatever they broke in the process for our newest website, which went live on Sunday and the shopping cart still isn't fixed. They're flat-out ignoring my requests for assistance even though they admit they broke our zencart so it's coming up with a 500 Internal Error now. Can someone please help me?? http://earcandyaudiobooks.com/studio/ Thank you!!

Plugin Contributions

A couple of things to look for:

If you have a custom root-directory .htaccess file that includes any IP address "Deny" rules, that formatting has changed between the Apache versions and will need update. Note that Zen Cart's distribution does not include a root .htaccess. Use your webhost's cPanel (or ask their tech-support if you don't have access) for a copy of the site's apache error logs; those logs will identify any issues in the site's related .htaccess files (the most likely culprit).

Check your site's /logs directory (note that I'm assuming that you're running zc1.5.1 or later, since you didn't mention); there might be PHP-related logs there, but if it was solely an Apache update there's not going to be anything there.

Plugin Contributions

Lat9:

Thanks for your quick answer. My hubby is a Unix/C++ programmer...I'll pass on what you said because he'll understand it better than I do. ;-)

Yes, we're using 1.5.1. Silly of me, but I'm absolutely terrified of upgrading in case I screw something up.

Everything was working fine until they upgraded EasyApache. Everything instantly broke. They strenuously denied having made any server changes for over a week, then finally admitted that yes, they had upgraded EasyApache. They also admit this must have broken Zencart and every page on all our sites that uses .htaccess files, but their attitude is "so what, we don't care."

Their customer service has gone down the toilet over the last year. I highly recommend avoiding them; we will not be renewing our contract when it re-ups.

Plugin Contributions

We received a note from our host that the latest version of EasyApache or cPanel (dont remember which), REMOVED the ability to select any php version less than 7 and the option to downgrade their shared servers was not an option either.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Use php 7.1 if you have no option.
    Fixing ZC155 for php 7.1 is not a big job, just work your way though the debug logs on your php 7.1 development server. It is worth the effort for the performance improvements.
    That will keep you going for the near future.
    You'll need ZC1.56 for php 7.2 upwards.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

I tried updating the Ear Candy zencart to 1.5.6, but nothing's changed. I don't know if it worked or failed, but the cart is still showing a 500 Internal Server Error.

When I went into our cPanel, after much digging around, I found this information:

cPanel Version 70.0 (build 67)
    Apache Version 2.4.38
    PHP Version 5.6.30
    MySQL Version 5.6.41-84.1
    Architecture x86_64
    Operating System linux
    Dedicated IP Address 162.144.19.15
    Path to Sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
    Path to Perl /usr/bin/perl
    Perl Version 5.10.1
    Kernel Version 3.10.0-862.3.2.4.ELK.el6.x86_64

Database server
    Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
    Server type: Percona Server
    Server version: 5.6.41-84.1 - Percona Server (GPL), Release 84.1, Revision b308619
    Protocol version: 10
    User: boruma@localhost
    Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

Web server
    cpsrvd 11.70.0.67
    Database client version: libmysql - 5.1.73
    PHP extension: mysqliDocumentation curlDocumentation mbstringDocumentation
    PHP version: 5.6.30

phpMyAdmin
    Version information: 4.7.7

But I have no idea what to do from here. None of those lines had clickable links so I could do anything with them. And my great fear is if I change something, our 50+ other sites may fail as a result. Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Jo

------------------------

Afterthought: I logged into my admin page and it told me the database needed patching to a higher level. I followed its advice and went to Tools > Server / Version Info, and this is what it says:

Server Information
    Server Host: cloud1040.hostgator.com (162.144.19.11)
    Database: boruma_zncr6
    Server OS: Linux 3.10.0-862.3.2.4.ELK.el6.x86_64
    Server Date: 03/20/2019 18:45:59
    Server Up Time: 18:45:59 up 1 day, 18:07, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    HTTP Server: Apache
    PHP Version: 5.5.37 (Zend: 2.5.0)
    PHP File Uploads: On
    Upload Max Size: 64M
    PHP Memory Limit: 256M
    POST Max Size: 64M
    Database Engine: MySQL 5.6.41-84.1
    Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)
    Database Date: 03/20/2019 18:45:59
    Database Data Size: 597 kB
    Database Index Size: 596 kB
    MySQL Slow Query Log Status: On
    MySQL Slow Query Log File: /var/lib/mysql/cloud1040-slow.log
    MySQL Mode: NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

Zen Cart 1.5.6a
    Database Patch Level: 1.5.1
    v1.5.1 [2018-10-06 15:00:56] (New Installation)
    v1.5.1 [2018-10-06 15:00:56] (New Installation)

Plugin Contributions

I tried updating the Ear Candy zencart to 1.5.6,
    On a live site? WHY?

Your host did not "break" your zen cart. Your Zen Cart (files+database) WAS working perfectly and some files needed some minor changes to make them compatible with a more strict version of php. Only the environment has changed.
    The debug logs spell out clearly the problems with each file. Between this forum and Stackoverflow, they are all easily fixeable since most people went through the same process a long time ago so the information is out there.

You should have done that on a local machine, probably would have taken less than couple of hours to fix everything, upload the file changes and get back to work.

Now you have most probably REALLY broken your site by adding in recently-released code (that is still giving people problems on upgrades) and so now you have no idea why your site does not work: is it the environment or the code or the upgraded/modified database?

Madness.

There really is only one rule: THOU SHALT NOT EXPERIMENT ON A PRODUCTION SITE.
    As there is only ever one possible outcome. Experienced developers do not break sites because they are know more code, but because they make and test all changes on a development server.

So now you/a developer need to:
    1) Get your old fileset + database PRE-UPGRADE working on a php 5.6 development server.
    2) Get the same working on a php 7.1 development server.
    3) Upload the result and get your site back online.

Forget about 1.56 until 1.56b comes out, then wait a couple of months while the guinea pigs find the final bugs.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast