Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Updating GDPR for ZC v1.5.8

Quote Originally Posted by strelitzia View Post

I'll try and find time to update the package we offer via Zen Cart downloads!
    If you don't have time, even an old copy of the plugin would be very helpful and could be adopted by another developer.

Thanks for your contributions to Zen Cart!
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    FWIW, there is a notification issued by that class just after the base customer record has been created
    I’m aware of the notifier. I gave a quick fix to a forum member wanting to get his/her upgraded site working.
    When the full module is checked and updated for 158 it will be updated to make use of this notifier. 😉
    Managing Director of https://jsweb.uk

Zen Cart developer since 2009

Plugin Contributions

The copy of the JSWeb gdpr mod one customer has adds three more fields prev_gdpr_accept_date1, prev_gdpr_accept_date2, prev_gdpr_accept_date3.
    These have no default value and are not nullable. They seem only partially integrated into the code as well - have these been removed or have they been changed to nullable? The current schema wouldn't work at all on a modern PHP/MySQL.

Plugin Contributions

Also, are the gdpr_decline and gdpr_decline_date fields no longer used in the customers table by the JSWeb GDPR mod?

Plugin Contributions

@strelitzia if you want to put what's available now in the plugins library, I can get it updated for 1.5.8.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Also, are the gdpr_decline and gdpr_decline_date fields no longer used in the customers table by the JSWeb GDPR mod?
    Those are definitely integral to the mod. When JSweb did this quickie thing - they also did a paid version. I found it just now - it still says it's for 1.5.5. So it was a quickie that they have abandoned - I saw problems and redid a bit of it from the start. I had integrated it into my template for a while but pulled it as it didn't turn out to be required as we thought at the time.

There is no question something like this is needed - I feel it should be integrated fully in zen cart default. But is this worth updating? It was never intended to be a mod for adding to the plugin directory. Not one of my clients use it. (My clients are now all US based) It is only an interface really for alerting customers that they have options. It doesn't provide anyway to delete or to decide how to delete a customer's data - that was in the commercial version. In other words this is very deceptive, only making a website look like it's obeying the intent of the GDPR regulations.

I would grateful for an uninstall script or instructions on converting the database fields (one of the employees of that website actually did this instead of me). I may have to come up with that myself. But the biggest issue is actually a website who has these changed fields, not using the mod, no indication of the mod being installed and then having the upgrade create issues - after the fact. I know that putting in some kind of check in the upgrade is more than one wants to do for one little used mod. But in reality - that's what I need ahead of the upgrade. Any ideas you have along those lines would be super!
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    Those are definitely integral to the mod. When JSweb did this quickie thing - they also did a paid version. I found it just now - it still says it's for 1.5.5. So it was a quickie that they have abandoned - I saw problems and redid a bit of it from the start. I had integrated it into my template for a while but pulled it as it didn't turn out to be required as we thought at the time.

There is no question something like this is needed - I feel it should be integrated fully in zen cart default. But is this worth updating? It was never intended to be a mod for adding to the plugin directory. Not one of my clients use it. (My clients are now all US based) It is only an interface really for alerting customers that they have options. It doesn't provide anyway to delete or to decide how to delete a customer's data - that was in the commercial version. In other words this is very deceptive, only making a website look like it's obeying the intent of the GDPR regulations.

I would grateful for an uninstall script or instructions on converting the database fields (one of the employees of that website actually did this instead of me). I may have to come up with that myself. But the biggest issue is actually a website who has these changed fields, not using the mod, no indication of the mod being installed and then having the upgrade create issues - after the fact. I know that putting in some kind of check in the upgrade is more than one wants to do for one little used mod. But in reality - that's what I need ahead of the upgrade. Any ideas you have along those lines would be super!
    Has this moved on at all? I am upgrading to v158a and already use GDPR in my current ZC155f shop.
    If it is of any use I attach the original files I had for installation on earlier versions

GDPR changes.zip

Plugin Contributions

nope, it's dead in the water to my knowledge. Tho it may well work okay with 1.5.8 with little fixing. I simply haven't used it in years.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Those of us in the EU and the UK must have a solution in place. Both for GDPR and Cookie Control. The lack of both is a serious omission and a significant obstacle to Zen Cart being chosen or even tried by EU customers. It would be on my roadmap for world domination.

But while we may think ZC should have this in core, it is not going to happen while the development input is almost purely US-centric.
    No that "they" don't care, but there is a lot of tedious detail to be reviewed and dealt-with and, inevitably, if you don't have an EU customer driving the work, you are not going to do it.

I wrote my own solution based on the ideas/code supplied at the start of this thread, but if I were starting now I would go to the German Zen Cart (where I would expect it to be built-in) and extract it from there.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    Those of us in the EU and the UK must have a solution in place. Both for GDPR and Cookie Control. The lack of both is a serious omission and a significant obstacle to Zen Cart being chosen or even tried by EU customers.
    I too would have to agree that not even having at least a cookie control dialogue built into the core of Zen Cart is an omission that really needs to be looked at now. Whatever ones viewpoint is and yes I live in a country that has purposefully left the EU, you cannot overlook the fact that the EU represents a potential customer base of hundreds of millions of people. Very few businesses could realistically turn their back on that size of customer base.

GDPR is a pain in the ######## for sure.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718