Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default General Data Protection Rules GDPR

I'm interested in the implications of compliance with the upcoming GDPR EU-regulation due to be law in May 2018.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gdpr

As I understand it the law will apply to any data system serving EU-citizens, so presumably any ecommerce or CRM website on the internet will need to comply unless it blocks eu-registrations. This article suggests that it maybe advisable to save further data at the time of registration, eg to save a 'consent record' when agreeing to the website terms and conditions, one that includes a copy of the T&C's that were published at the time of registration, to provide sufficient evidence should it be needed.

This is another article I found useful.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Encryption of customer details

Actually this article states:
    Data encryption shall be used, when possible: Recitals 83 and Articles 6-4(e), 32-1(a)
    Data pseudonymization shall be used, when possible: Recitals 26, 28, 29, 78 and Articles 6-4(e), 25-1, 32-1(a)

This article gives further information.

Plugin Contributions

Default General Data Protection Rules GDPR

or GDPR for short
    Can't find anything new about this and time is passing by rather quickly
    Can Zencart do this or will it be able to do this in the future as this is something that will be needed in the not to far distant future for most of us in the EU......
    Apologies if this can already be done but I can't find much on it in regards to Zencart

Details to a full link https://www.itgovernance.co.uk/data-...ion-regulation

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: General Data Protection Rules

What are you expecting Zen Cart to do that it doesn't do now?

In the real world, ie not one populated by scare mongering consultants, the privacy policy has always been up to you, you do not have to auto enrol anyone for anything and you can delete users from the admin panel and/or PHPMyadmin. The only teeny tiny thing missing is a date stamp for when they positively agree to newsletters etc.

All this talk of multi million pound fines is Y2K all over again...... for most normal people and companies it is a non issue.

Plugin Contributions

Default GDPR is Europe's new framework for data protection laws

Hi
    Can anyone tell me please if the current version of zencart and my older 1.5.4 will OK with the new EU laws due in May this year?
    Thanks
    Ian

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: GDPR is Europe's new framework for data protection laws

Quote Originally Posted by ianhg View Post
    Hi
    Can anyone tell me please if the current version of zencart and my older 1.5.4 will OK with the new EU laws due in May this year?
    Thanks
    Ian
    The other major shopping carts have produced plugins for GDPR which include extra check boxes on forms, the right to be forgotten, click here to see what data we hold about you, etc etc. Zen Cart has not yet as far as I can see. You think a boffin would come up with something, even if is is paid for, to help the small shop keepers out here to comply.

Plugin Contributions

Reiterating the last post. While some points of the GDPR are not in Zen Cart's core remit, I think there are a couple of things that will need code adaptations.

The right to be forgotten - allowing the customer to delete their account

As I read it, a user's browser settings can be used as the consent for cookies 'strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service requested by the subscriber or user' i.e. Zen Cart cookies. Consent would be needed for analytical/advertising cookies. Not sure if the latter would need ZC core code modifications.

'Even after getting valid consent, there must be a route for people to change their mind' i.e opt-out at any time. As this would have to include ZC cookies I suspect core code changes would be needed.

Probably a lot more questions will arise, hopefully things will be clearer once the final regulations are wriiten - closer to May.

Plugin Contributions

I took a quick look at the current GDPR documentation and got a headache. Does anyone have a link they could share that boils the bureaucratic babble-speak down into a set of requirements?

Plugin Contributions

There was an interesting discussion about GDPR over at the dark side (osCommerce forum), and there was this link, that has some useful information

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast