Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: GDPR is Europe's new framework for data protection laws

thank you :)

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I installed gdpr4zc156c.zip into zencart with Westminster New template by Picaflor Azul (Picaflora also did the mod merge). After install the admin side is there and I can reset consent flag, but the popup does not appear when a (new or repeat) user visits the site. zgarcitul.ro Would you have any idea why?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Stingey View Post
    Hi, I installed gdpr4zc156c.zip into zencart with Westminster New template by Picaflor Azul (Picaflora also did the mod merge). After install the admin side is there and I can reset consent flag, but the popup does not appear when a (new or repeat) user visits the site. zgarcitul.ro Would you have any idea why?
    As far as I can recall (I used an older version of this), this mod is aimed at gaining consent from customers during the account creation process, it also allows for account holders to remove their information i.e. delete their account and to gain acceptance from existing (pre GDPR) customers the next time they login.

The popup I think you are referring to is from a Cookie Control plugin - there should be some in the Plugins area of this forum. I believe the Cookie Control and GDPR plugins are two separate animals.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    As far as I can recall (I used an older version of this), this mod is aimed at gaining consent from customers during the account creation process, it also allows for account holders to remove their information i.e. delete their account and to gain acceptance from existing (pre GDPR) customers the next time they login.

The popup I think you are referring to is from a Cookie Control plugin - there should be some in the Plugins area of this forum. I believe the Cookie Control and GDPR plugins are two separate animals.
    Some further thinking - I took your reference to a 'user' to be a visitor but you might have been referring to the popup that a user gets when creating an account (this wasn't present in my version). In that case it will probably be due to the way the plugin was installed or configured. It seems you might have paid to have this plugin installed in which case the installer should be able to help.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your input. I thought that the cookie consent was all part of the GDPR mod, I'll get that next.

I created a test account and did not receive GDPR notification, the account appears on the customer list but does not appear on the GDPR list. If I go to My Account and specifically chose PRIVACY POLICY REVIEW and accept, then the account is added to the GDPR tool. I'm pretty sure that a popup should appear asking me to accept if I have not already done so.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Stingey View Post
    ... I'm pretty sure that a popup should appear asking me to accept if I have not already done so.
    You might want to double-check that the popup feature is actually present in your version of the GDPR mod. I'm not sure where gdpr4zc156c.zip comes from, not having looked at all of this thread. I seem to remember that there were some differences between the free and paid versions.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the input.

gdpr4zc156c comes from post #144 by Rykon 25 March in this thread.

I confess to being a novice but with a little experience of playing with PHP files in zencart a couple of years ago. From my limited understanding gdpr.php starts by loading a popup dialog.

file starts as follows...

<?php
    // start GDPR
    //
    // +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
    // |zen-cart Open Source E-commerce |

// | [email protected] so we can mail you a copy immediately. |
    // +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
    // $Id: gdpr.php v1.1 2020-03-25 Steve Price JS Web $
    //
    ?>
    <?php
    require('includes/application_top.php');
    ?>
    <!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    <html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
    <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/cssjsmenuhover.css" media="all" id="hoverJS">
    <script language="javascript" src="includes/menu.js"></script>
    <script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    function init()
    {
    cssjsmenu('navbar');
    if (document.getElementById)
    {
    var kill = document.getElementById('hoverJS');
    kill.disabled = true;
    }
    }
    // -->
    </script>
    </head>
    <body onLoad="init()" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <!-- header //-->
    <?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
    <!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
    <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
    <tr>
    <!-- body_text //-->
    <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
    <tr>
    <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
    <td class="pageHeading">GDPR Acceptance</td>
    <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo zen_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
    </tr>
    </table></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="100%">
    <?php
    // collect configuration group id
    $sql = "SELECT configuration_group_id FROM ".TABLE_CONFIGURATION_GROUP." WHERE configuration_group_title='GDPR Configuration' LIMIT 1";
    $result = $db->Execute($sql);
    $cfg_group = $result->fields['configuration_group_id'];

Plugin Contributions

Not sure I can help much more without installing the mod but, whenever anything to do with jscript fails to work I first look for console errors in the browser, then look at whether it is designed to work with the jquery version being loaded in html_header.php and then whether it conflicts with any of the other scripts being used (I would disable them one by one to try to identify the culprit). You could also look at the html code for errors - stray/not-closing tags.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

I upgraded from 155f to 157b but had a db failure
    Code:
    [04-Dec-2020 14:32:27 Europe/Berlin] MySQL error 1292 encountered during zc_install:
    Incorrect datetime value: '0000-00-00 00:00:00' for column `zencart157btest`.`customers`.`gdpr_accept_date` at row 1
    Dr Byte answered this is based on old ways of handling dates, and only built for old MySQL versions not using strict-mode.

So following his advice I set the default for the gdpr date/time columns to "0001-01-01 00:00:00" and ran this piece of code to fix existing entries
    Code:
    UPDATE customers SET gdpr_accept_date = '0001-01-01 00:00:00' WHERE gdpr_accept_date < '0001-01-01' and gdpr_accept_date is not null;
    UPDATE customers SET prev_gdpr_accept_date1 = '0001-01-01 00:00:00' WHERE prev_gdpr_accept_date1 < '0001-01-01' and prev_gdpr_accept_date1 is not null;
    UPDATE customers SET prev_gdpr_accept_date2 = '0001-01-01 00:00:00' WHERE prev_gdpr_accept_date2 < '0001-01-01' and prev_gdpr_accept_date2 is not null;
    UPDATE customers SET prev_gdpr_accept_date3 = '0001-01-01 00:00:00' WHERE prev_gdpr_accept_date3 < '0001-01-01' and prev_gdpr_accept_date3 is not null;
    UPDATE customers SET gdpr_decline_date = '0001-01-01 00:00:00' WHERE gdpr_decline_date < '0001-01-01' and gdpr_decline_date is not null;

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

@marton_1 while that will probably work fine in most cases, we've updated our "advice" on that topic a little after more experience.
    See: https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgra...andardization/

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast