Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: GDPR is Europe's new framework for data protection laws

I wont be doing it ..My site has gone way wayyyy beyond my capabilities lol ... I'll get my guy who does my website to look into it for me :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    True on both counts, much easier to modify/build on what JSWeb have donated than start with a blank page. Thanks to them.

Functionally I added:
    - make existing customers accept privacy on next login (or log them out if they don't as they cannot buy!)
    - added consent (on checkout_success) to receive automatic emails post-order to get them to comment. With option to remove consent in My Account.
    plus various changes to make things more to my taste code-wise.

I just made the accept privacy a required field for create account. No consent=no account.
    That sounds like the solution many of us need, including me. Care to share how you did this?

Plugin Contributions

The second part is simple - admin > configuration > Regulations ... set the Privacy to true...but a reminder, as @delia pointed out, if you have FEC, or indeed, anything else added to the create account page as customisation, then there's no guarantee.

The first part requires php coding and isn't something that can be set in admin.

Only half-helpful I know, but ensuring new clients formally accept your privacy statement is probably the more important requirement.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

I tried installing gdpr4zc in local test, when I tried accessing the admin area I got the following error:

1054 Unknown column 'languages_id' in 'field list'
    in:
    Code:
    [INSERT INTO ezpages (`languages_id`, `pages_title`, `alt_url`, `alt_url_external`, `pages_html_text`, `status_header`, `status_sidebox`, `status_footer`, `status_toc`, `header_sort_order`, `sidebox_sort_order`, `footer_sort_order`, `toc_sort_order`, `page_open_new_window`, `page_is_ssl`, `toc_chapter`) VALUES (1, 'PRIVACY SAMPLE', '', '', '
    MODIFY THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR BUSINESS THEN COPY TO admin
    [... cut ....]
    Email: via our Contact Us page [LINK TO IT]
    ', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);]
    I am using 1.55e from zen-cart.it
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/zen...0Cart%201.5.x/

Plugin Contributions

@keneso - I've just checked against a vanilla 155e installation from the main Zencart site and languages_id exists in the ez_pages table.

It seems as if your Zencart installation is at fault.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ryk View Post
    @keneso - I've just checked against a vanilla 155e installation from the main Zencart site and languages_id exists in the ez_pages table.

It seems as if your Zencart installation is at fault.
    Thank you, indeed I should have checked the db, it was an upgrade from a lower version, and perhaps something didn't go very well, I imported the table from another install, and it fixed it.

Plugin Contributions

In Beta - Twitch GDPR Compliance

If anyone is interested we've started beta building a new module based on Twitch CASL to provide a fluid and standard upgrade to anyone using Zen Cart 1.55f that requires GDPR compliance. Currently adding code bits from this forum and any suggestions you may provide to us!

General Data Protection Rules Module:
    - Adds required consent display with user controlled data management - live site.
    - Add data management and reporting for GDPR audits - admin.

GDPR Features:
    - SQL update to build complete GDPR table during install included
    - Records GDPR data during create account
    - Records if the newsletter switch checked or not checked by admin/user
    - Records GDPR data if record was not found
    - GDPR record remains even if customer is deleted - index id, date, time, agreement and ip address stored.
    - SQL update to import all customers from existing databases included

Open to any other features you would like added.

Complete project updates posted on my site in Beta Projects, when complete it will be submitted for review here in the forum!
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

While not core code, on order completion I added an acceptance box to record permission to send a follow-up email post-purchase (for a review).
    I also changed the deletion of a customer to not delete the record and leave a "hole" but record the manual deletion and obfuscate the personal details.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Hello

I'm new French user on Zencart (Fresh install 1.5.6a at https://www.ribetchris.fr/) and I need GDRP compliance to respect law.

I haven't found how to activate information and agreement for the new user on first open page or as long as he hasn't accepted terms of navigation on my website

I found the regulation in admin panel but I don't know what to add the page index.php?main_page=privacy because I don't know exactly what are collected informations outline or on-line after inscription

I don't find the place where customer can delete his account as and when he want (it's an obligation on new gdpr)

Is the frameworks that you developed is completed and usabe on zencart 1.5.6

Thanks for help

Ribetchris

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ryk View Post

This manual version of our GDPR package for Zencart was written for ZC155 (although it will work on older) and for now you can download it from http://jsweb.uk/gdpr_service/gdpr4zc.zip as we haven't had time yet to meet the documentation requirements for submitting to the plugins section.
    Hello, how is it possible to download or purchase your plugin in its final version (if any)?
    Thanks!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast