Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: GDPR is Europe's new framework for data protection laws

Great article.
    I guess a new ticket box at registration page is needed ? ( like newsletters ? ), making a new field at customers table ?
    I still don't know what it's done with existing customers. Do we have to email them to agree with the new terms ? That would be easy, but, reading this thread, (actually I never thought on that), there is no way that a customer can delete their account now... never search the forum or modules on that.
    I don't have 250 employees ( only 249 ), but even so, I think this is a important thread.
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Right to Access
    Part of the expanded rights of data subjects outlined by the GDPR is the right for data subjects to obtain from the data controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed, where and for what purpose. Further, the controller shall provide a copy of the personal data, free of charge, in an electronic format. This change is a dramatic shift to data transparency and empowerment of data subjects.

https://www.eugdpr.org/key-changes.html

I love EU. It makes us think. So what data is zencart default core, collecting from customers (extra modules apart) ?
    Registration fields ( that can or not be required)
    Last login / logout
    Customer basket

So I guess that one also has to make some kind of export / display at customer page.
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mesnitu View Post
    Right to Access
    Part of the expanded rights of data subjects outlined by the GDPR is the right for data subjects to obtain from the data controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed, where and for what purpose. Further, the controller shall provide a copy of the personal data, free of charge, in an electronic format. This change is a dramatic shift to data transparency and empowerment of data subjects.

https://www.eugdpr.org/key-changes.html

I love EU. It makes us think. So what data is zencart default core, collecting from customers (extra modules apart) ?
    Registration fields ( that can or not be required)
    Last login / logout
    Customer basket

So I guess that one also has to make some kind of export / display at customer page.
    That data would include all fields in the following Zen Cart database tables:

1. address_book (one entry for each stored customer address)
    2. customers (name, email, newsletter opt-in and more)
    3. customers_info (last login, account-creation date and more)
    4. customers_basket, customers_basket_attributes (products, with optional attributes, stored in their basket)
    5. orders, orders_products, orders_products_attributes (orders that the customer has placed, along with the purchased products and their optional attributes).
    6. paypal (if your store uses one of the PayPal payment variants, for any order paid via PayPal).
    7. reviews (could contain the customer's full name)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    That data would include all fields in the following Zen Cart database tables:

1. address_book (one entry for each stored customer address)
    2. customers (name, email, newsletter opt-in and more)
    3. customers_info (last login, account-creation date and more)
    4. customers_basket, customers_basket_attributes (products, with optional attributes, stored in their basket)
    5. orders, orders_products, orders_products_attributes (orders that the customer has placed, along with the purchased products and their optional attributes).
    6. paypal (if your store uses one of the PayPal payment variants, for any order paid via PayPal).
    7. reviews (could contain the customer's full name)
    and

8. authorizenet (if used)
    9. coupon_gv_customer, coupon_gv_queue, coupon_redeem_track (I've never used coupons so not entirely sure what exactly is captured)
    10. whos_online (surely not!)
    11. files_uploaded
    12. products_notification

Non ZC table that will cause a headache - user_tracking!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    and

8. authorizenet (if used)
    9. coupon_gv_customer, coupon_gv_queue, coupon_redeem_track (I've never used coupons so not entirely sure what exactly is captured)
    10. whos_online (surely not!)
    11. files_uploaded
    12. products_notification

Non ZC table that will cause a headache - user_tracking!
    Thanks for the follow-up!

Note that stores that provide one-time coupons could have issues when removing a customer's account (since the one-time usage is tied to a customers_id). Once the account is removed, the customer is free to re-create their account and, again, enjoy the benefits of that coupon.

Plugin Contributions

Also,

13. admin_activity_log
    14. coupon_email_track
    15. coupon_gv_queue
    16. coupon_redeem_track
    17. email_archive
    18. In addition to the reviews table (perhaps eluded to) reviews_description.

These all potentially contain information about the customer and/or their activities, etc. Yes, even the admin_activity_log contains operations performed on the admin side related to processing a customer's data.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Also,

13. admin_activity_log
    14. coupon_email_track
    15. coupon_gv_queue
    16. coupon_redeem_track
    17. email_archive
    18. In addition to the reviews table (perhaps eluded to) reviews_description.

These all potentially contain information about the customer and/or their activities, etc. Yes, even the admin_activity_log contains operations performed on the admin side related to processing a customer's data.
    I'm not sure (and didn't allude to) the reviews_description is a candidate, as it points back to the reviews_id and (unless the customer included personal information in their review) doesn't directly contain customer-specific information.

Plugin Contributions

Under GDPR do we need consent to tell a customer we have despatched their goods? The way I read it we do. If this is the case then changes will be required to the order system, create account etc. to allow us to know if they want this contact. Additionally changes may be required to admin to allow/block e-mails or any other form of contact that we may choose to make.

Additionally is suggest that all customer data should be encrypted. Would this be a core change to the database/zen cart.
    Last edited by brittainmark; 27 Mar 2018 at 10:41 PM.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

But if a site uses SSL I guess it's encrypted.
    So, the list gets bigger.
    In sum: zencart admin function to delete an account could be "altered" to allow a customer to delete is own account killing the session.
    I'm thinking out loud, cause I don't use zencart with his full power and features.
    In terms of export data ( still thinking out loud), it seems that two kind of exports have to exists.
    One to deal with a customer request, another from some other auditorie .
    This could be accomplished using EP4 ( or DB I/O), for a complete export.
    The personal data export, could follow the same principles.
    Of course this would implie the use of this scripts.
    So maybe it's better to start from scratch...

Plugin Contributions

Not sure what "deleting their account" actually means?
    What about all their "orders"?
    Can't delete those as by law we need to keep this info for at least 7 years for tax purposes here in Oz
    As well if you actually deleted "orders" we wouldn't be able to do basic stock control and profit and loss etc....

Perhaps it means renaming the account somehow to keep the actual data but to remove all customer identifying details?
    If so then how would you handle cases when the government wants details on who you sold stuff to?

Perhaps it only applies to online data. Maybe you can keep printed offline records of all this stuff?
    Just thinking here....
    Last edited by gilby; 28 Mar 2018 at 12:12 AM.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast