Plugin Contributions

Default Site only works with FREE SHIPPING!

I can not use any shipping module other than FREE SHIPPING!. Every other module gets the "Sorry we're not shipping to your area at this time" message. I set up a zone designation for United States and assigned all sub zones (states) to it. I then setup FREE SHIPPING! with my new zone and it works like I would expect: it will allow free shipping to the US only, but nowhere else. If I do not designate a zone, it will offer free shipping worldwide.That's where everything stops working. So as of right now I can use free shipping, and restrict it to US Only. My ultimate goal is free shipping to the US, and either table rate or zone shipping for international

If I disable the free shipping module and try to use table rate shipping with the same US only zone I created, the site says we are not shipping to your area. Table rate will not even work if I set zones to "none". Ok, I moved on to zone rates and added all two letter country identifiers under zone 1. Still get the same shipping error. I removed all the two letter codes, and set zone 1 to 00, same results. Tried flat rate, and per item, all with the same results. My products are set to "No, Normal Shipping Rules" on the product pages.

Any help is much appreciated as I'm several hours into this, getting nowhere, and have read every thread I can find. I had a Zen store about 7 or 8 years ago and don't recall spending more than a couple minutes setting up the table rate module. There must be a setting buried somewhere that is latching on to free shipping, but I can't find it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site only works with FREE SHIPPING!

How did you install/upgrade to version 1.5.5 and to which sub-version if one was used?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I'm on the most current 1.5.5e. It was installed as a fresh install (no upgrade) to my server, and running the installation file.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I got it to do what I want it to do using the zone rates and disabling the free shipping module.

In Configuration->Shipping/Packaging->Order Free Shipping 0 Weight Status, I had it set to "yes". I did not have any shipping weights set in my product, so it was at zero. This would enable free shipping as stated above, but not any of the others. I changed it to "no", and added a shipping weight of "1" to a product, and now the other modules will work, but free shipping will not work.

My work around in zone rates was to designate US as zone 1, with the rate set at 1000:0, then in zone 2, designate 00 for all other countries, and set it to 10:6.00,20:7.00. Now when I test with both an international and US shipping address, it shows correctly: US at $0.00, and an Australian address as $6.00. It won't show "free shipping" to the US, but it will show "only one option available $0.00"

If this sounds ok, I only need to go back and change the weight on a few products and it should be good to go. NOt as clean as I hoped, but so far it looks like this will work.

Plugin Contributions

OK now I have it setup to do exactly what I want regardless of the settings at "Configuration->Shipping/Packaging->Order Free Shipping 0 Weight Status". Instead of the freeshipper module, I tried the "Free Shipping Options" module, set it to apply to all orders over $1.00 in my "united states" zone. I set the zone rates module to exclude the US, and 00 under Zone 1 for all countries, with my rate table based on price. Now when I checkout with a US address, I get the "Free shipping" option, when I checkout with an Australian address, I get the correct table rate. It works on products regardless if the weight is zero or not. YIPPEE!!

I also have to say that I really, really like the order management ability in 1.5.5e compared to my last site years ago which was probably 1.2.xx or something. Back then the Paypal IPN module would lose order details and refunds had to be done manually at paypal. Now with paypal express checkout, I can refund right from Zen! That is way cool (for me at least)! Not to mention how much cleaner checkout is from a customer view. I got the seal of approval my wife (online shopping guru) that it was an easy checkout process.