Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image Handler 5 (for v1.5.5) Support Thread

Hi Cindy,

here is a product page https://www.dazzlerscliponearrings.c...lack-highlight
    some info of image on the above page from image properties (firefox)

https://www.dazzlerscliponearrings.c...293-350-01.jpg
    575px × 450px (scaled to 350px × 274px)
    87.87 KB

this is for the same image in bmz_cache

in bmz_cache it is 13.6kb ... 2b6efbe68d90549115c80c873852605d.image.350x273

So it appears IH may be doing its resizing task however I will leave the decision up to the expert

Importantly though, is the way I solved the issue of the _LRG suffix the right way to do it or is there another better fix?

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Mike, could you run a quick test running the sitemapxml after editing /includes/classes/bmz_image_handler_class.php, finding this section at the top:
    Code:
    if (!defined('IH_DEBUG_ADMIN')) {
        define('IH_DEBUG_ADMIN', 'false');
    }
    if (!defined('IH_DEBUG_STOREFRONT')) {
        define('IH_DEBUG_STOREFRONT', 'false');
    }

if (!defined('IS_ADMIN_FLAG')) {
        exit('Illegal access');
    }
    and changing the IH_DEBUG_STOREFRONT setting to 'true'? Once you've run the sitemap, change that back to 'false' again.

You should find one (or more) /logs/ih_debug*.log files. You can either post the contents back here or, if they're too big or have 'sensitive' information, send me those directly.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Mike, could you run a quick test running the sitemapxml after editing /includes/classes/bmz_image_handler_class.php, finding this section at the top:
    Code:
    if (!defined('IH_DEBUG_ADMIN')) {
        define('IH_DEBUG_ADMIN', 'false');
    }
    if (!defined('IH_DEBUG_STOREFRONT')) {
        define('IH_DEBUG_STOREFRONT', 'false');
    }

if (!defined('IS_ADMIN_FLAG')) {
        exit('Illegal access');
    }
    and changing the IH_DEBUG_STOREFRONT setting to 'true'? Once you've run the sitemap, change that back to 'false' again.

You should find one (or more) /logs/ih_debug*.log files. You can either post the contents back here or, if they're too big or have 'sensitive' information, send me those directly.
    Hi Cindy,

I changed that instruction and ran the sitemap twice (I didn't ping search engines for this test, just rebuild sitemaps), 1/2 hour apart, however I am not seeing any logs at all - a good thing right? there is no sub folder in /logs/ for /ih_debug*.log ... should there be or is that just the file name that would appear? in any case, no logs thrown.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Hi Cindy,

I changed that instruction and ran the sitemap twice (I didn't ping search engines for this test, just rebuild sitemaps), 1/2 hour apart, however I am not seeing any logs at all - a good thing right? there is no sub folder in /logs/ for /ih_debug*.log ... should there be or is that just the file name that would appear? in any case, no logs thrown.

cheers,
    Mike
    Mike, if IH is enabled (i.e. IH resize images is 'yes'), then that's not a good thing, since each request to the IH handle_image function should result in one or more records being written.

If IH is not enabled, then that lack of logs is expected, since IH isn't being asked to (er) handle the images.

Plugin Contributions

Mike, if IH is enabled (i.e. IH resize images is 'yes'), then that's not a good thing, since each request to the IH handle_image function should result in one or more records being written.

If IH is not enabled, then that lack of logs is expected, since IH isn't being asked to (er) handle the images.
    Hi Cindy, thanks for that - so with me setting IH resize images to no to solve the _LRG suffix issue - was that the best fix or are you aware of a better fix?

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Hi Cindy, thanks for that - so with me setting IH resize images to no to solve the _LRG suffix issue - was that the best fix or are you aware of a better fix?

cheers,
    Mike
    Mike, with that change in setting, you've found a work-around but not a fix. Without seeing what's going on with the IH/Sitemapxml interaction, I've no idea what the root-cause of the issue is.

Plugin Contributions

Mike, with that change in setting, you've found a work-around but not a fix. Without seeing what's going on with the IH/Sitemapxml interaction, I've no idea what the root-cause of the issue is.
    Ok - I will change IH resize images to yes and then will edit /includes/classes/bmz_image_handler_class.php and run sitemap and post the resultant logs .... in the morning, it has just gone midnight here

Plugin Contributions

Ok - I will change IH resize images to yes and then will edit /includes/classes/bmz_image_handler_class.php and run sitemap and post the resultant logs .... in the morning, it has just gone midnight here
    Mike, I think I found the source of the issue. Check your site's /includes/modules/pages/sitemapxml/sitemapxmp_products.php, towards the top of the file, looking for
    Code:
    define('SITEMAPXML_PRODUCTS_IMAGES_FUNCTION', 'false'); // true false
    That value defaults to false, which causes the image-generation to bypass any IH processing. If that's the case, update that line to read:
    Code:
    define('SITEMAPXML_PRODUCTS_IMAGES_FUNCTION', 'true'); // true false

Plugin Contributions

Mike, I think I found the source of the issue. Check your site's /includes/modules/pages/sitemapxml/sitemapxmp_products.php, towards the top of the file, looking for
    Code:
    define('SITEMAPXML_PRODUCTS_IMAGES_FUNCTION', 'false'); // true false
    That value defaults to false, which causes the image-generation to bypass any IH processing. If that's the case, update that line to read:
    Code:
    define('SITEMAPXML_PRODUCTS_IMAGES_FUNCTION', 'true'); // true false
    Hi Cindy - I changed admin/configuration/images to IH resize images = yes and then made that change (above) from false to true and ran sitemap and the image urls were fine, i.e. no _LRG suffix
    I then changed /includes/classes/bmz_image_handler_class.php to = 'true' and ran sitemap again - to generate logs - but again no logs.

So it appears your last 'find' has done the trick - I will monitor sitemap over the coming week or so to ensure that it continues to behave.

Thank you very much again, I am truly grateful for your support and I will take this opportunity to to wish you and yours all the best for the festive season.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Hi Cindy - I changed admin/configuration/images to IH resize images = yes and then made that change (above) from false to true and ran sitemap and the image urls were fine, i.e. no _LRG suffix
    I then changed /includes/classes/bmz_image_handler_class.php to = 'true' and ran sitemap again - to generate logs - but again no logs.

So it appears your last 'find' has done the trick - I will monitor sitemap over the coming week or so to ensure that it continues to behave.

Thank you very much again, I am truly grateful for your support and I will take this opportunity to to wish you and yours all the best for the festive season.

cheers,
    Mike
    Thanks, Mike, for the follow-up. I'll add a note to the IH readme regarding the interaction with SiteMapXML. Wishing you and yours a great holiday season as well.

Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast