Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hover image alignment

@noppie, those logs indicate that those images are not valid jpg/jpeg files. Perhaps you need to re-generate/refresh them?

Plugin Contributions

i thought the program accepted png files
    My Multi_Site Zen Carts
    http://herasonlinemarket.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by noppie View Post
    i thought the program accepted png files
    It does when the extension is png. As lat9 identified and the logs confirm the file(s) in question are identified as jpg files by extension but have an incorrect "format". Are all images associated with the product png, jpg or are they mixed? If mixed, how are images mixed? (e.g., small, medium, large and/or each image across the product (additional images))
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

ok i do have some pictures that are jpg.. but i do not have in the same item a mix of jpg and png.. some old images are jpg
    My Multi_Site Zen Carts

Plugin Contributions

ok i really don't understand what happened and so sorry to bother anyone.. it is on my side.. last summer i paiinsakely went and removed the backgroud of my photos and re added the catalog. but how know i say the correct photo in the images file but when i went to the data base the old image file name was not the new one. again so sorry for bugging you all.

please have a great day
    My Multi_Site Zen Carts

Plugin Contributions

I finally got IH and my template to play nice! Now that I see what I have, I need to change my post processing for my images.

I have been taking the image at my Canon SLR's max and processimg it in GIMP.

1. Do some background adjustments to get a solid white background
    2. drop the resolution to 72 pixels per inch.
    3. Then crop the image to a specific size that I works for the products, in this case 10 x12 or any ratio there of.
    4. I then USED to scale each of the images for 10x12, 5x6, a 2.5x3 for the three image sizes before IH.

Now, I have been only saving the 10x12 image and uploading that and letting IH do its magic. I just made a mistake however. I uploaded the correct ratio image at 32.5 x 39 which is quite a large file. The processing took way longer than normal (does not bother me at all though). The question is, since IH has created the images it needs based on my settings, it this okay? I do not think this would affect my site's TTI as the site is using the modified images correct?

If all of this is accurate, then the only downside of using really large images is the initial processing time and server storage? This would be WAY faster in terms of my effort on my part but I do not want to slow my site down.

Thanks
    Chris

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    I finally got IH and my template to play nice! Now that I see what I have, I need to change my post processing for my images.

I have been taking the image at my Canon SLR's max and processimg it in GIMP.

1. Do some background adjustments to get a solid white background
    2. drop the resolution to 72 pixels per inch.
    3. Then crop the image to a specific size that I works for the products, in this case 10 x12 or any ratio there of.
    4. I then USED to scale each of the images for 10x12, 5x6, a 2.5x3 for the three image sizes before IH.

Now, I have been only saving the 10x12 image and uploading that and letting IH do its magic. I just made a mistake however. I uploaded the correct ratio image at 32.5 x 39 which is quite a large file. The processing took way longer than normal (does not bother me at all though). The question is, since IH has created the images it needs based on my settings, it this okay? I do not think this would affect my site's TTI as the site is using the modified images correct?

If all of this is accurate, then the only downside of using really large images is the initial processing time and server storage? This would be WAY faster in terms of my effort on my part but I do not want to slow my site down.

Thanks
    Chris
    After that initial creation, so long as the bmz_cache sub-directory isn't reset, IH will use the squished version of a file, so the TTI involves simply 'finding' the file to be displayed ... not creating it.

What you said is true regarding the initial time and server storage as well.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    After that initial creation, so long as the bmz_cache sub-directory isn't reset, IH will use the squished version of a file, so the TTI involves simply 'finding' the file to be displayed ... not creating it.

What you said is true regarding the initial time and server storage as well.
    Thank you for confirming! This really makes my life easier!

Plugin Contributions

I've just downloaded the latest version of IH and noticed it no longer has the modules and templates directories in the package.
    Is this an omission in the upload, or have those files been removed from 5.2.0?

Doh, I should have read the change log before posting!
    Last edited by strelitzia; 21 Feb 2022 at 12:03 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by strelitzia View Post
    I've just downloaded the latest version of IH and noticed it no longer has the modules and templates directories in the package.
    Is this an omission in the upload, or have those files been removed from 5.2.0?

Doh, I should have read the change log before posting!
    Right, starting with v5.2.0, IH requires (for an initial installation) Zen Cart 1.5.6b or later. Those module/template overrides are no longer necessary.

Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast