Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image Handler 5 (for v1.5.5) Support Thread

I need to ask a really stupid/newbie question. I've tried reading FAQs and the github page, but I can't find anything that answers this directly.

We have a site with thousands of images already posted for products we sell. If we were to use Image Handler, would I have to go back and assign an image via the IH interface for each product?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Gamethrall View Post
    I need to ask a really stupid/newbie question. I've tried reading FAQs and the github page, but I can't find anything that answers this directly.

We have a site with thousands of images already posted for products we sell. If we were to use Image Handler, would I have to go back and assign an image via the IH interface for each product?
    Nope, IH's image-resizing occurs on-demand using the base image defined for your products and any additional images that are present.

Plugin Contributions

What happens is the image you have defined in the admin for that product gets used for creating smaller images the first time a customer views that product.
    These smaller images are stored in a cache.

Additional Images
    If your defined image is /widgets/product001.jpg,
    you put the additional images in the same folder and name them with an underscore:
    product001_somethingelse.jpg
    product001_moresomethingelse.jpg

and they will be handled too, automagically.

You don't need to ever enter the IH interface to assign anything. In fact, after 10 years I still don't know what that admin IH stuff is for/never used it!
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

when the images load on my website, the picture quality for the 'large' image seems blurred, is it possible to adjust the compression settings?

been searching the configuration section, nothing i can tweak to adjust the image quality.

Plugin Contributions

In Configuration->Images, once IH is installed, there are 3 configuration settings (one for small, medium and large) for image quality: https://github.com/DivaVocals/zen_Im...es/c_images.md

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Copy and paste the following into your admin's Tools->Install SQL Patches:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO configuration
                    (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function)
                 VALUES
                    ('IH version', 'IH_VERSION', '5.1.1', 'Displays the currently-installed version of <em>Image Handler</em>.', 4, 1000, now(), NULL, 'trim(');
    Did you, by chance, update IH from a previous version of Image Handler or was this a fresh IH install?
    This bug is occurring again after I installed into ZC 1.5.6a (with upgraded database from ZC 1.5.1)

Name:  HKRMoZV.png
Views: 100
Size:  2.7 KB

While the above SQL solved problem, but I have to reuse that SQL each time I try to reload the database for testing, which is quite rather nuisance...
    Wonder what happened in the install progress, which lead to notice *stuck* in admin.

Plugin Contributions

I decided to be bold and check database...

Interesting is that, there is absolutely NO SINGLE VALUE with IH_VERSION on either of databases! (Both the current production database of ZC 1.5.1 and the upgraded testing database of ZC 1.5.6a)

Here is what is on IH configs on ZC 1.5.6a database...
    https://i.imgur.com/3TuXusx.png

Why is it not installed as part of upgrade or something?
    This is surely a bug or something because it seems I will have to keep using the SQL patch each time I reinstall IH5!

Plugin Contributions

UPDATE!

The SQL fix is now no longer working! I changed value to '5.1.2' to match current version and the notice still above the admin page!
    Also, the "Previous Product" button is underneath the "Product Listing" dropdown!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by PanZC2020 View Post
    I decided to be bold and check database...

Interesting is that, there is absolutely NO SINGLE VALUE with IH_VERSION on either of databases! (Both the current production database of ZC 1.5.1 and the upgraded testing database of ZC 1.5.6a)

Here is what is on IH configs on ZC 1.5.6a database...
    https://i.imgur.com/3TuXusx.png

Why is it not installed as part of upgrade or something?
    This is surely a bug or something because it seems I will have to keep using the SQL patch each time I reinstall IH5!
    Thanks for that; it helped me to "see" the root cause of the issue.

What's going on is that many of the previous Image Handler versions didn't include an IH_VERSION constant, so I'm currently checking for the presence of IH_RESIZE to identify a previous install. Unfortunately, those conditionals in the install/upgrade processing don't account for that fact.

I've created a GitHub issue to track the correction: https://github.com/DivaVocals/zen_Im...ler/issues/151

Plugin Contributions

I've just pushed a change for that GitHub issue, if you'd like to verify that it corrects the issue that you reported!

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast